Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Morgoth00
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9720E200-C830-47AF-B268-36EFB6403518 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png
    Sketch_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.28_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.17_PM_(resized).png
    2016-03-05_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.28.59_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.30.08_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_12.04.28_AM.png
    image.jpg
    pindigo__-_1_1.jpg
    pindigo__-_1.jpg
    tmp_16438-Screenshot_2015-08-23-16-28-191088105109.png
    IMG_1907.jpg
    There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.
    #201 8 years ago

P + Indigo.

http://bit.ly/1iJ2Pmt

There is a reason the app is purple -- I certainly would have chosen another color if it wasn't for the name. =)

#202 8 years ago

Amaaaaaazing! I've been visually pronouncing it "pin-DEE-goh" the whole time. Thought maybe it was spanish or something #imsodumb

#203 8 years ago

Finally set this up (Android) last night when I had a score worth recording. Worked quite well. Easy to use and seamless with my Pinside scores. Well done.

#204 8 years ago

I just got word of this thread and the app - which looks quite nice and has useful features - congratulations !

To learn more about mobile development, I also made a pinball scores app - now on Google Play since 2 weeks or so. And it is of course still waiting for review at the App Store..

As I don't want to interfere with the pindigo feedback, I just opened a new topic for it :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-score-saver-yet-another-scores-app

#205 8 years ago

FYI to all iOS testers. Due to some Pinside security updates and an stupid error on my part, your beta apps won't be able to get past the login screen.

The fixed version of the app is under review on the App Store and should be out early next week. If, for some reason, they reject it again, I'll send out another interim beta build so that you can keep using the app. For now, hang tight!

#206 8 years ago
    Quoted from TinyPin:

I just got word of this thread and the app - which looks quite nice and has useful features - congratulations !
    To learn more about mobile development, I also made a pinball scores app - now on Google Play since 2 weeks or so. And it is of course still waiting for review at the App Store

Nice work and good luck.

I started building Pindigo for the same reason -- to get up to speed with mobile development. I've been job hunting for the last few months and I demoed Pindigo and my development process at every interview. It definitely helped me land a good job.

#207 8 years ago

Just now finding this thread, and I must say - this is sweet.

Any chance/plans that a Windows 10 (universal) app is in the works? That way we could have it on Windows Phone (and tablets) as well!

#208 8 years ago
    Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Just now finding this thread, and I must say - this is sweet.
    Any chance/plans that a Windows 10 (universal) app is in the works? That way we could have it on Windows Phone (and tablets) as well!

A Windows phone version is unlikely, sorry. It would be a lot of effort just to reach a very small percentage of people (< 3% of mobile phone users). I would rather spend my limited time enhancing the app with new features.

Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png

#209 8 years ago

c'mon Michael, you gotta support that BlackBerry market!

#210 8 years ago

Fair enough - thanks for the reply.

Quoted from cheezywhiz:

A Windows phone version is unlikely, sorry. It would be a lot of effort just to reach a very small percentage of people (< 3% of mobile phone users). I would rather spend my limited time enhancing the app with new features.
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png

#211 8 years ago

The apple store needs to hurry up and update I have scores I wanna update! haha

#212 8 years ago

Good news and bad news.

Good news first:

Pindigo is up on the iOS App Store!! What are you waiting for?!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pindigo-your-pinball-scores/id1027062831

Bad news:

Due to some unfortunate weird computery technical stuff, if you're still running iOS 8, you probably won't be able to access the buttons that let you choose between your photo library and camera when adding photo evidence. If you're running iOS 9, you'll have no problems. I'll get an iOS 8 fix into the pipeline, but it will take another week before it's available on the store.

If you were a Pindigo tester and you are still running iOS 8 and don't want to upgrade to iOS 9, drop me a note and I'll find a way to get you a build to use while we wait for Apple to approve the fix.

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Good news and bad news.
    Good news first:
    Pindigo is up on the iOS App Store!! What are you waiting for?!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pindigo-your-pinball-scores/id1027062831
    Bad news:
    Due to some unfortunate weird computery technical stuff, if you're still running iOS 8, you probably won't be able to access the buttons that let you choose between your photo library and camera when adding photo evidence. If you're running iOS 9, you'll have no problems. I'll get an iOS 8 fix into the pipeline, but it will take another week before it's available on the store.
    If you were a Pindigo tester and you are still running iOS 8 and don't want to upgrade to iOS 9, drop me a note and I'll find a way to get you a build to use while we wait for Apple to approve the fix.

Awesome thanks a bunch!!! Just left your first review with the stats tracking suggestion. Think it would be super helpful and if you follow the loggr apps input it might not be too difficult to start implementing in a minimal way.

#215 8 years ago

One thing that's kind of a big open question to me right now is the intended purpose of the app and how it integrates into the pinside score system. Right now it's an easier way to snap a picture on your phone and add a high score to pinside.

I'd like to record most, or all of my games and get some kind of statistics, trends, etc. out of it. The pinside score posting, however, is de facto a "highest score bragging rights" kind of thing just because of how it goes down and I'm not aware of a good way to get analyzed data out of the system- that might be part of Robin's API that's there but not public, no idea. Anyways, the pinside scoring system doesn't seem like a good way to record the scores for each of the fifty games I played over the weekend or the six I played during league or whatever.

Perhaps some kind of in-between thing where pindigo logs everything and only uploads 24-hour-highest-scores to pinside would be more along those lines, but that brings in questions on how it's hosted and where all that extra data lives and is maintained. Maybe one of the other score recording apps would be better suited to a more data-miney approach, but realistically I'm not going to download and use multiple pinball score recording apps for different reasons.

Just thoughts.

#216 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

One thing that's kind of a big open question to me right now is the intended purpose of the app and how it integrates into the pinside score system. Right now it's an easier way to snap a picture on your phone and add a high score to pinside.
    I'd like to record most, or all of my games and get some kind of statistics, trends, etc. out of it. The pinside score posting, however, is de facto a "highest score bragging rights" kind of thing just because of how it goes down and I'm not aware of a good way to get analyzed data out of the system- that might be part of Robin's API that's there but not public, no idea. Anyways, the pinside scoring system doesn't seem like a good way to record the scores for each of the fifty games I played over the weekend or the six I played during league or whatever.
    Perhaps some kind of in-between thing where pindigo logs everything and only uploads 24-hour-highest-scores to pinside would be more along those lines, but that brings in questions on how it's hosted and where all that extra data lives and is maintained. Maybe one of the other score recording apps would be better suited to a more data-miney approach, but realistically I'm not going to download and use multiple pinball score recording apps for different reasons.
    Just thoughts.

Yes exactly what I meant by my post, would love to see data by week etc... Improvements over time. Would be so interesting!

#217 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Just thoughts.

Btw do you use any other apps or have an idea for a non specific that would be good for this? Using loggr right now but it's not very in depth

#218 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

Just thoughts.

I had the same thought. While I don't want to add EVERY game to Pinside, I'd like to store scores for the games I do play (if tracking is implemented.) Perhaps there could be an option for "offline scoring" where I can just log games locally on the device/SD and choose to upload only some of them.

#219 8 years ago
    Quoted from ExitWound:

I had the same thought. While I don't want to add EVERY game to Pinside, I'd like to store scores for the games I do play (if tracking is implemented.) Perhaps there could be an option for "offline scoring" where I can just log games locally on the device/SD and choose to upload only some of them.

Exactly where you could keep track of league scores or just a scheduled session every week. Just fun to keep track of

#220 8 years ago
    Quoted from tommygroove:

Btw do you use any other apps or have an idea for a non specific that would be good for this? Using loggr right now but it's not very in depth

No, I don't use anything at the moment. One of the leagues I participate in uses the FSPA/PAPA league hosting site and has decent stats, other than that I don't record much besides the high scores that get posted to pinside.

#221 8 years ago

I appreciate the open discussion, guys.

The original intent was tracking your personal best scores and for sharing your triumphs and getting social feedback from friends. Kind of combining a high score list with the way people sometimes use Facebook to brag and pander for likes.. but in a good way. I wanted to build an app that all my PinballNYC teammates would install and use in the off-season so that we can still be pinballing together even when we weren't playing together.

That said, the app isn't quite there yet. It lacks the social feedback loop where people can 'like' and comment on your scores -- so that you know they have seen it. It's still lacking the sticky features like making your phone light up/vibrate when your friends post something. I certainly love using it and it has replaced my old plaintext method of saving my scores, but it feels a little hollow currently. I've also failed, sadly, to capture the interest of my teammates and local pinball friends. Only a handful of them have installed and embraced the app. It's disappointing to see, but I see it as a challenge. I intend find out why they aren't using and what they would use, then use that knowledge to make the app even better.

One of my local friends that really loves the app told me how he personally wanted to use it.. he wanted to get on Pindigo, see which of his friends has a score higher than him on a location machine, and then make topping the score his goal for the evening. I liked the enthusiasm and I thought that was a great social use of the app, so I listened and integrated leaderboards into the app.

I kinda realize now that as much as I wish it was, Pindigo isn't an app for pinball pros -- they have seen all the wizard modes and high scores for them are only really relevant if they are higher than the person they are currently competing against. My friends and I haven't seen all the modes. A score of 500M+ on Addams Family means we've just seen more of the game then we ever have before. It's exciting! It's that excitement of getting further and further each time that I want people to share with the app. Maybe I'm wrong about the pros, but I've really gotten no traction/interest from them yet.

Geolocation is one of the suggested features that I AM quite interested in. Local friends competing on location pinball machines is definitely something I want to tap into.

Social is the key word -- and I don't really see score analytics as a social feature. I didn't intend this app to be about tracking the one's scores over time. It was a surprise to me when I heard people asking for that feature. It sounds really cool.. and I probably would use an app like that for fun, but I don't think Pindigo will ever be that app. I wish it was possible to make everyone happy, but it's not. And when it comes down to it, there's the time vs reward aspect to consider.

To give you an idea.. I had about 90 beta testers registered. Only about 20 of them actually really used the app. Another 30 used it once and never again. The remaining 40 signed up and never even launched it. Currently sitting at about 30 installed for the official Android release. Maybe 10 for the iOS release. It's early-days, but these aren't earth-shattering numbers. I hope things improve when I actively try promoting the app and add in the social loop. Spending hundreds of hours on something to make an incredibly limited number of people happy isn't a good use of anyone's time. Plus my time is limited now. I just started a new full-time job. There's a bun in the oven. And, sue me, sometimes I just want to play pinball and forget about everything else. =P

Anyhow.. Hope this helps give you an idea where my head is at. I really appreciate all the input and feedback. Hope you all stay interested and active users of Pindigo. You've been instrumental in helping me get the app out to the public.. plus, I love seeing all the scores you've been posting. Couldn't have done it without ya.

#222 8 years ago

I really appreciate what you've done so far and want to use it more- thing is, I don't hit a high score most nights, or even most weeks, which really limits how often I launch and use the app.

The social thing has a lot of potential- I'm really interested to see where it goes!

#223 8 years ago

And I apologize - I'm one of the guys that ran it once, used it, and then never again.

The goal was to use it on my TZ, playing games and such, and .. well, my reassembly took a LOT longer than anticipated. I tried to use it while I was up in Minneapolis, but for some reason it had forgotten my login for Pinside (likely upgrade or something wiped the saved settings) and I couldn't remember it either. D'oh.

I don't get out on location, and when I do, my scores are dismal usually, so when I DO play, there's only a 1 in 100 chance I'd have a score I'm proud enough to have and post.

#224 8 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

I don't hit a high score most nights, or even most weeks, which really limits how often I launch and use the app.

Thanks.

I agree. I've already started posting scores that aren't my best because I know my followers will see it. Social feedback will make it even better -- if I post a score that's not my best, but it's pretty good, I will still get 'likes' or comments from my followers.

I need to further shift the focus away from only 'posting new high scores' to just 'posting scores'. Right now, you can switch the leaderboard to show 'all scores' not just 'best scores'. I want to take that further and enhance the profile screen so you can click, say, Twilight Zone and see all your posted scores for that machine.

Having a '#1' in the app logo sorta reinforces the top score mentality. Perhaps a redesign is in order.

#225 8 years ago
    Quoted from tommygroove:

Awesome thanks a bunch!!! Just left your first review with the stats tracking suggestion

Thanks for the nice review!

#226 8 years ago

I love the App. I may not play every night, or submit all of my scores, but it's on my phone and ready to use if I have a game I'd like to record into the Pinside score system. I'm sure most of us play casually, as opposed to the professional players. The app could, I'm sure, do both well. I don't fault it for not having all of the features I want. In fact, it's doing what I hoped for years! I'm appreciative of the time you put into it.

#227 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Thanks.
    I agree. I've already started posting scores that aren't my best because I know my followers will see it. Social feedback will make it even better -- if I post a score that's not my best, but it's pretty good, I will still get 'likes' or comments from my followers.
    I need to further shift the focus away from only 'posting new high scores' to just 'posting scores'. Right now, you can switch the leaderboard to show 'all scores' not just 'best scores'. I want to take that further and enhance the profile screen so you can click, say, Twilight Zone and see all your posted scores for that machine.
    Having a '#1' in the app logo sorta reinforces the top score mentality. Perhaps a redesign is in order.

Yes I agree it can't just be a high scores app, that's why I'm thinking some kind of average or score keeper would be nice. not necessarily full blown stats app but something that would Put incentive for the user to post their scores regularly. (Something as simple as a line graph over time on a machine)

A weekly/monthly score board could keep things fresh. Another idea could be the highest average score if they have a min. Of 10 games or something so it is not all based on an individual score. Challenges between individual users and maybe some way to do tournaments (set up in forums for now?) to make it more engaging and not so passive. Something really cool would be challenges on individual machines maybe too? That would be too hard to track I think.

Geolocation could check in like on foursquare at a machine and leave your scores with the date?

I think something that would really help is to connect players across the app that aren't already connected in person. It is a niche community within a niche community so that seems pretty important.

Also side note, If there's a way to integrate the Pinside map to be more mobile friendly that could be another use for the app.

This is all super ambitious but just throwing every idea out there maybe spark someone else to have a solid idea too!

I'll tell the guys and girls at league to download it for us to be friends and keep it up I think it has the potential to be something really fun

#228 8 years ago

One caveat of the news feed is that because I haven't played any of the games that I see on it, I don't know whether the scores are good or not. Therefore, I don't have any impetus to like the score. Does that make sense? I don't have a connection to the other games so my interest in their scores isn't there. I certainly like to see other scores added, though.

1 week later
    #229 8 years ago

Ever consider open-sourcing this project? I (full-stack webdev) am interested in contributing.

#230 8 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

Ever consider open-sourcing this project? I (full-stack webdev) am interested in contributing.

Cool. Thanks for your interest. I have considered it. I'm not sure about going completely open source, but I'm certainly open to collaborating with others to help speed things up. I have significantly less time now that I'm no longer funemployed. =)

I'll shoot you a PM and we can start the conversation.

#231 8 years ago

found the resurgence of a previous bug
    went and played a bunch of games at Lyons Classic Pinball Sunday and uploaded my scores last night.
    its doing that issue where it doesnt show the correct picture in the preview screen but it shows the correct one once you upload the score. The issue is I has a crappy memory so I use the picture to write in the score lol

#232 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

found the resurgence of a previous bug
    went and played a bunch of games at Lyons Classic Pinball Sunday and uploaded my scores last night.
    its doing that issue where it doesnt show the correct picture in the preview screen but it shows the correct one once you upload the score. The issue is I has a crappy memory so I use the picture to write in the score lol

Ug.. sorry, man! Most problems like that can be fixed by force quitting the app and restarting. I'll log the bug and look into it.

#233 8 years ago

Having trouble logging into software ever since this merged with Pinside. I enter Pinside login but no luck getting in. I can login to pinside on my phone, just not pindigo. Have been procrastinating getting things fixed but ... no longer. It ends here, today is the day.

Any suggestions? I am going to try uninstalling and installing to see if that is an issue.

#234 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Having trouble logging into software ever since this merged with Pinside. I enter Pinside login but no luck getting in. I can login to pinside on my phone, just not pindigo. Have been procrastinating getting things fixed but ... no longer. It ends here, today is the day.
    Any suggestions? I am going to try uninstalling and installing to see if that is an issue.

Are you still using the Beta / tester version of the app? I had to delete it and go the App Store and install the one on there before it would work for me.

#235 8 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Are you still using the Beta / tester version of the app? I had to delete it and go the App Store and install the one on there before it would work for me.

That was it. Deleted beta and installed production version. Works like a charm now. Thanks.

#236 8 years ago

Loving this app. Thank you.

1 week later
    #237 8 years ago

Loved the app...but my account seems to be locked out. I am using the same user name and pass as pinside but it keeps saying it is invalid. i signed out of pinside and checked and it works. But not in the app.....hmm..

#238 8 years ago

Just saw this...let me try...

Quoted from Cornelius:

#239 8 years ago

worked......weird...thanks!

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from agodfrey:

worked......weird...thanks!

It's not weird. It's magic. Pinball magic.

#241 8 years ago

Getting more into the app, and turned several guys from league onto it last weekend!

One idea a friend had is the ability to search for 'all' pins, so you could see the leaderboard even if you didn't have a score to record. That would make it easier to know what a 'good' score is, or what the average score on a game is. We were messing with the app last week and found that we could only access a leaderboard after submitting a score.

Thanks so much for all you do, cheezywhiz and congratulations on the 'bun in the oven'!

#242 8 years ago

Very cool....1st I've seen this...went right to the App Store...logged in no probs on iOS 7....(not that I needed one..but) Thank you for a reason to go play some pinball today...!!!..........Joey

#243 8 years ago

I have to ask, why do you need access to WIFI information on Android? App permissions always infuriate me (this is totally a minor one, I'm just speaking in general) and I wish I could know more about why apps are asking for stuff. Since I have a direct link to you, I'm asking!

Edit: bug report - when looking at the global high scores for my games, the background for my score isn't loading, so it just looks like a full white line and you can't see anything.

#244 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I have to ask, why do you need access to WIFI information on Android?

Guessing, and Cheesy will probably correct me, but -
    It's likely using it to know whether there's an internet connection available or not - if not, then it won't try to upload/download any data and throw an error. Instead, it'll sit silently, waiting for it to get the message saying that a connection's available, before sending/receiving data.

#245 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

I have to ask, why do you need access to WIFI information on Android?

I'm not a regular Android user. Do other social internet-enabled apps ask for WiFi permissions too? I'm not setting any special requests for permissions, so WiFi must be one of the defaults.

#246 8 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

Getting more into the app, and turned several guys from league onto it last weekend!

Sweet! Thanks!

Quoted from callmesteam:

One idea a friend had is the ability to search for 'all' pins, so you could see the leaderboard even if you didn't have a score to record. That would make it easier to know what a 'good' score is, or what the average score on a game is.

Yeah, a generic search tab might be a good idea for just finding machines or users. Added to the list.

#247 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I'm not a regular Android user. Do other social internet-enabled apps ask for WiFi permissions too? I'm not setting any special requests for permissions, so WiFi must be one of the defaults.

That's scary. An awful lot of stuff asks for WiFi info, so it's possible. Are you using any kind of open source plugin or something that could have the request embedded in that? Having never developed, I have no idea how it works, but I know a ton of apps are asking for more than they /need/.

#248 8 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

That's scary. An awful lot of stuff asks for WiFi info, so it's possible. Are you using any kind of open source plugin or something that could have the request embedded in that? Having never developed, I have no idea how it works, but I know a ton of apps are asking for more than they /need/.

I'm just guessing here, but it's probably that for an app to take advantage of your WiFi connection on Android, you have to explicitly allow it. Just think of it as "do I want to allow this app to connect to the internet?" I suppose if you wanted to, you could selectively deny an app access to the internet, but then the app probably wouldn't work very well.

#249 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I'm just guessing here, but it's probably that for an app to take advantage of your WiFi connection on Android, you have to explicitly allow it. Just think of it as "do I want to allow this app to connect to the internet?" I suppose if you wanted to, you could selectively deny an app access to the internet, but then the app probably wouldn't work very well.

If that's the answer, it makes sense. Again just curiosity here.

App is cool, going to see if I can get other league players using it.

1 week later
    #250 8 years ago

I enjoy the app a bunch and imagine I'm one of your more active users

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.