Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Morgoth00
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9720E200-C830-47AF-B268-36EFB6403518 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png
    Sketch_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.28_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.17_PM_(resized).png
    2016-03-05_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.28.59_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.30.08_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_12.04.28_AM.png
    image.jpg
    pindigo__-_1_1.jpg
    pindigo__-_1.jpg
    tmp_16438-Screenshot_2015-08-23-16-28-191088105109.png
    IMG_1907.jpg
    There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
    #51 8 years ago

I've only got one score registered, but I'm loving the app so far! Thanks for giving us the chance to test it out, CheezyWhiz!

#52 8 years ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

Very nice! App works well... but ran into a few items and have a question and two suggestions
    1) No date field. App assumes score was on current date. What if I'm entering in older data?
    2) I added picture but it didn't work? Is there a file size limit?
    3) I added a comment but I can't see it.
    Question:
    4) How quickly does information entered on the pinside website populate to the pindigo app?
    Suggestion:
    5) Would be great if the picture could actually be scanned for score entry...
    6) Could the app recognize huge image file sizes and recommend downsizing (and do it) prior to uploading?

Thanks for the feedback!

1) Yeah, that's intentional. The app is about the here and now, so there is no way (currently) to add past dates. (Kind of like how you can't add posts to Facebook or Instagram and back-date them) That said, I am open to feedback and if it turns out to be an important feature, I can look into adding it. For now, if the date is important to you, use the Pinside website to enter your old scores OR just use the app and don't worry about the date stamp.

2) Another Android user had issues uploading photos, but others were able. I'm looking into it.

3) I see you added two KISS scores. The first without a comment, the second with a comment. Are you still having problems with comments?

4) The pinside site and the app are running off the same database. It's instantaneous.

5) Yeah, score recognition would kick ass, but it's a crazy amount of work. It's on my wish list.

6) The app should be resizing your photo down to a relatively low resolution. If it's working as expected, the photo file size when uploaded is only around 200-300k.

#53 8 years ago

I say if you want to add historical scores, come to Pinside and add them. I love how this app is so easy to use and only takes a few seconds to add a score. Pull your phone out of your pocket and log your score!

#54 8 years ago

i played some location pinball yesterday but all my games sucked so i didnt load any scores haha. might buzz over after work and play $5 worth of Star Trek Pro and see if I can put up a good game

#55 8 years ago

Cheezywhiz, I can't find a way to download the app. Downloaded Crashanalytics but can't find a link to Pindigo.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Thanks for the feedback!
    1) Yeah, that's intentional. The app is about the here and now, so there is no way (currently) to add past dates. (Kind of like how you can't add posts to Facebook or Instagram and back-date them) That said, I am open to feedback and if it turns out to be an important feature, I can look into adding it. For now, if the date is important to you, use the Pinside website to enter your old scores OR just use the app and don't worry about the date stamp.
    2) Another Android user had issues uploading photos, but others were able. I'm looking into it.
    3) I see you added two KISS scores. The first without a comment, the second with a comment. Are you still having problems with comments?
    4) The pinside site and the app are running off the same database. It's instantaneous.
    5) Yeah, score recognition would kick ass, but it's a crazy amount of work. It's on my wish list.
    6) The app should be resizing your photo down to a relatively low resolution. If it's working as expected, the photo file size when uploaded is only around 200-300k.

Thanks!

Fyi I'm on a Moto X 2013 XT1053 with Lollipop and connected via wifi.

If you can't tell I'm trying to break the app / understand more about its intended use / and imagine how I want to use it... so I hope this is helpful. And if you'd prefer PM's instead let me know that as well.

Regarding uploading pictures:
    7 ) if I take a picture within Pindigo it uploads and shows in Pindigo but I don't actually see it on the Pinside website.
    8 ) if I use the picture gallery then it doesn't upload from Pindigo and I can't see it anywhere (even if I resize manually before selecting it)

Regarding viewing scores
    9) Assume the profile options (when implemented might address this) but I can only see my highest scores for any machine... not the list of all scores I've entered. Intentional? (I can always view on pinside but am trying to figure out the boundaries/scope of this app - is it just quick recording of scores but not to review past history? Same thoughts for editing or deleting, etc.)

And for deleted scores.
    10) Also an "odd" one... but if I delete all my scores... when I delete the last one it looks like the app deletes it but it comes back (although I can delete the last score from the website view).

#57 8 years ago

Found another odd bug during score entry for android.

If I type in 111 and then move the cursor to the 2nd position and type 22 I'd expect to get 12211. Instead I get 12112. What happens is that after the first number is typed the cursor position changes to the end of the score. Easily ignored by just using backspace but it is a minor bug.

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

Thanks!
    Fyi I'm on a Moto X 2013 XT1053 with Lollipop and connected via wifi.
    If you can't tell I'm trying to break the app / understand more about its intended use / and imagine how I want to use it... so I hope this is helpful. And if you'd prefer PM's instead let me know that as well.
    Regarding uploading pictures:
    7 ) if I take a picture within Pindigo it uploads and shows in Pindigo but I don't actually see it on the Pinside website.
    8 ) if I use the picture gallery then it doesn't upload from Pindigo and I can't see it anywhere (even if I resize manually before selecting it)
    Regarding viewing scores
    9) Assume the profile options (when implemented might address this) but I can only see my highest scores for any machine... not the list of all scores I've entered. Intentional? (I can always view on pinside but am trying to figure out the boundaries/scope of this app - is it just quick recording of scores but not to review past history? Same thoughts for editing or deleting, etc.)
    And for deleted scores.
    10) Also an "odd" one... but if I delete all my scores... when I delete the last one it looks like the app deletes it but it comes back (although I can delete the last score from the website view).

Keep trying to break it -- the feedback helps.

7) if you use the Pindigo app to upload photos, you won't see those photos on the pinside site until Robin deploys his latest site update. . Maybe next week. The photos are still there -- and visible in the Pindigo app in the meantime.

10) If you delete a score, the app removes it from the list, but if there is another (lower) score for that same machine on Pinside, it will show up again when you refresh the high scores list in that app. I'll eventually find an elegant way to handle the fact that the app shows only your highest score per machine, but pinside shows them all. Perhaps when you go to delete a score, asking "delete this one" or "delete all scores for this machine" -- along with adding the ability to view multiple scores per machine, not just the highest.

And your score entry issue.. nice catch. I'll look into that. Thanks!

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Keep trying to break it -- the feedback helps.
    10) If you delete a score, the app removes it from the list, but if there is another (lower) score for that same machine on Pinside, it will show up again when you refresh the high scores list in that app.

Saw that the next highest score remained... but if you delete every score you've entered it will delete them until you get the last one and then also delete the machine (good). But on the last machine and the last score remaining it looks like it deletes that score and machine... but when you refresh that one machine/score remains. (and it also remains on pinside). [Probably very rare that someone would actually do that scenario though]

Oh two other quirks:
    11. When starting the app and it auto-logs in. It looks like it does this 2x. (basically it shows the login screen with the animated bars, then it shows the stream screen, then it goes back to the login screen with animated bars, and then it shows the stream screen and waits for user action. (I hope that made sense.)

12. When I added a picture I can see it in the "stream" (the home icon) if I click on the entry and then click on the camera icon. However when I'm on my "personal" page (the one person icon) and I click on the game/high score which has that image it doesn't show that an image is available; rather the camera icon is greyed out.

#60 8 years ago

Tried running it on an Android phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android version 4.1.2), and it gives me the splash screen, but past that it's just a plain white screen. Rebooted and ran again but had the same issue.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Tried running it on an Android phone (Motorola Droid Bionic, Android version 4.1.2), and it gives me the splash screen, but past that it's just a plain white screen. Rebooted and ran again but had the same issue.

You're the second Android user to report this, yet others are able to use the app OK. I'll look into the problem next week when I have an actual Android device in my hands, but I have the feeling it's not going to be an easy thing to debug.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Cheezywhiz, on android i tried to follow you and it said that feature is coming soon

Fixed on the new android version!

#63 8 years ago

uploaded a score for a space station i found on location yesterday, had no issues. First time I played it, pretty fun game but it took the place of the Earthshaker I went to play so that was sad.

#64 8 years ago

samsung galaxy 5 android user, no issues.. I also have a nice way to keep track of my local pinball friends now

#65 8 years ago

uploaded a score for a Space Station i found on location yesterday, had no issues. First time I played it, pretty fun game but it took the place of the Earthshaker I went to play so that was sad.

What location?

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from nephasth:

What location?

"The Bar" across from Road 34 in Fort Collins. It's under the plasma donation place. Its like a bad barcade with lcds in most games or monitors that need cap kits since they day they opened. They havent got any new games since they opened except they must have switched out the Earth Shaker in the last week or so. I just went there for the Earth Shaker at 25cents a play.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBarFortCollins?fref=ts

#67 8 years ago

Just used the app and it worked fine so far.

#68 8 years ago

It would be nicer if another user uploads a photo we see that photo instead of the stock photo (sorry if this was already requested/reported).

#69 8 years ago

In search mode for Find User is there a way to finish typing text? Don't see a search button (IOS) only the X's. So it is impossible to scroll through the names listed to get to the one I want. If you swipe up it moves and then goes immediately back down.

#70 8 years ago

with the new update I am now able to follow other users on android

#71 8 years ago
    Quoted from angus:

It would be nicer if another user uploads a photo we see that photo instead of the stock photo (sorry if this was already requested/reported).

I personally think the backglass images are nicer on the eyes, but you gave me an idea. I could make it so a simple right-to-left swipe on the backglass shows the photo evidence instead. Way fewer clicks to get the image that way.

I'm not liking the photo icon button in he scores feed anyhow.

#72 8 years ago

Hah. Been thinking about the photo evidence and something feels funny. This whole high-score system on Pinside and in the Pindigo app is on the honor system -- you should trust the people you follow in the app. If someone starts posting ridiculous scores they aren't capable of, you unfollow them because they aren't using the system honestly.

That said.. why are evidence photos so important? I mean, the photos are available in the app, but they are not currently front-and-center. Obviously, people are clicking through to see the photos and there's some indication that it should be easier to view the evidence. I want to understand why -- it will help me design a better app.

Do you not trust people to be truthful?
    Do you just want the satisfaction of seeing the score in dots?
    Is it some sort of impetus to prod you to try harder next time you're at the same machine?

No judgements.. just curious. What's your take?

#73 8 years ago

I want to see the score in dots with my initials.

The app is working fine on my iPhone and iPad.

#74 8 years ago

Any android testers have problems installing? I loaded beta and then pindigo v0.2.0. on my android phone. After launch button is pushed, I get white screen. I changed security to allow unknown sources. I don't get any error messages. Uninstalled and tried installing both programs again to no avail.

#75 8 years ago

Reccomendation -
    When the user isn't following anyone, the 'Home' screen is just blank.

I would look into putting something here like 'Follow fellow Pinsiders to get news feeds!' or some such.

--Mike

#76 8 years ago

Log some scores! Before I followed anyone, all my home page had was my own scores.

#77 8 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

That said.. why are evidence photos so important? I mean, the photos are available in the app, but they are not currently front-and-center. Obviously, people are clicking through to see the photos and there's some indication that it should be easier to view the evidence. I want to understand why -- it will help me design a better app.

I think it helps add to the validity of the score. Personally, it's a repository for my OWN proof of history for future threads and tales. "Man, that one time I hit 2.4M. I wish I had a picture to post along with my story."

Videos on YouTube of high games are fantastic to watch. Teach me a lot on how to play the tables.

#78 8 years ago

I did not receive any notice to update. How do I update to the newest version?

#79 8 years ago

I have an idea but not sure if others think it would be cool:

If you and Robin could someone integrate like a gps location you can link scores to that are from.games on location so others in the area can try an beat your scores if they are in the area and want to check it out. I know you can add notes but just an idea

Dunno just spit ballin' here

#80 8 years ago

Really liking the app.

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any android testers have problems installing? I loaded beta and then pindigo v0.2.0. on my android phone. After launch button is pushed, I get white screen. I changed security to allow unknown sources. I don't get any error messages. Uninstalled and tried installing both programs again to no avail.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Do I need to do any secret ritual, because I am still not able to load app? Is there a pc version I can use to ensure my account is activated?

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Do I need to do any secret ritual, because I am still not able to load app? Is there a pc version I can use to ensure my account is activated?

I'll be trying to fix the android white screen on Monday. Stay tuned.

#83 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Really liking the app.

Thanks!

New version coming soon with:

- due to popular demand -- leaderboards!
    - better photo evidence presentation -- bye bye camera icon

I'm really liking the latest build. Think you will too. I'll probably launch it tomorrow to testers.

#84 8 years ago

I have an idea but not sure if others think it would be cool:
    If you and Robin could someone integrate like a gps location you can link scores to that are from.games on location so others in the area can try an beat your scores if they are in the area and want to check it out. I know you can add notes but just an idea
    Dunno just spit ballin' here

Great suggestion. I think GPS integration would be sweet. I'll think more about how it could fit in. I know Robin already has a ton on his plate and geolocation support would require some combined efforts between him and I. It's just too much to deal with right now. I want to get the app stable and released first. The wish list keeps getting longer and longer!

#85 8 years ago
    Quoted from ExitWound:

I think it helps add to the validity of the score. Personally, it's a repository for my OWN proof of history for future threads and tales. "Man, that one time I hit 2.4M. I wish I had a picture to post along with my story."
    Videos on YouTube of high games are fantastic to watch. Teach me a lot on how to play the tables.

I get it now. The photo evidence is really for your own personal gratification. The pride of having topped your best score. Makes sense. I've made it much easier to see photo evidence in the next update.

#86 8 years ago

I didn't read through all 84 responses, but I just wanted to suggest something that's probably been suggested ... any thoughts to add a sort of graph with more in-depth "stats" to the app? Sort of like the Loggr app? I was going to use that app instead but it's way too busy, so I chose Pinscores, but I did like the depth it had.

For example, playing a machine ~10 times and seeing how your scores have improved or gotten worse, your mean score, standard deviations, etc.

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from OrdealByFire:

I didn't read through all 84 responses, but I just wanted to suggest something that's probably been suggested ... any thoughts to add a sort of graph with more in-depth "stats" to the app? Sort of like the Loggr app? I was going to use that app instead but it's way too busy, so I chose Pinscores, but I did like the depth it had.
    For example, playing a machine ~10 times and seeing how your scores have improved or gotten worse, your mean score, standard deviations, etc.

I like stats. Why? Don't really know. But I'm sure a few of them like "rolling average" or "games per week" or simple ones could be computed on an advanced tab without much trouble.

#88 8 years ago

Stats and infographics could be a great v2.0 feature and I'm glad to see so many people are into the idea. Many of my local friends have suggested the same thing.

For the initial release, I'm focused on your best scores and not all your scores. This is for a number of reasons, mainly -- I want to get version 1.0 into the app store ASAP and stats will take a while. Also, I want less competitive players to use the app, too -- they aren't as interested in stats over time and they may never be able to get the #1 spot on a leaderboard. The app needs to appeal to casual users, too.

Here's a question for the stats lovers.. The Pindigo app will be FREE when released, but what if the stats tracking and graphing was a $.99 in-app purchase? Would you buy?

Good news for some Android testers:
    I fixed the white screen when you launch the app and I'll be deploying the new build very soon. Stay tuned!

#89 8 years ago

I might pay a dollar for stats. Or what there could be is an ad-free version for a dollar, too.

#90 8 years ago

I'd buy. I think $2.99 be fair value for stats and leader boards. Also ability to thumbs up or down people's scores could be nice.

#91 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Also ability to thumbs up or down people's scores could be nice.

I'd disagree... at least with the thumbs down part. I can see a lot of unnecessary animosity from pinball nerds with that. Though I'd be in favor of commenting on others' scores, so what's the difference?

What I'd ideally like is basically Untappd, but with pinball in place of beer, and with Loggr stats. I know it won't happen immediately, but that's my dream. The ability to rate and briefly review machines within the app, have a high score board, highest rated machines, etc. Sort of like a mobile but with-more-to-it Pinside app.

#92 8 years ago

I agree with keeping a positive app vibe. I would like to implement a 'thumbs up' system with notifications eventually. Or perhaps a 'high five' system since thumbs are so overused. =)

#93 8 years ago

Just uploaded 9 scores with pics. Checked out the Lyons Classic Pinball place yesterday and had a blast. Had the app hang up on me once while loaded a KISS LE score, just never went thru had to close it down and try again. Not sure what caused it

http://www.lyonspinball.com/

#94 8 years ago

Where would the .99 go? If it went to pinside, I'd buy. If it didn't, I'm usually against paid apps altogether. I just don't do it. I'd use a free version with USABLE limitations over paying unless the paid options completely change the program and make it worthwhile. Just to remove ads? Never. If it added stats? I'm not sure. I'd have to see them I think to wager whether or not it'd get my money. I'm not a normal-case user, I can assure you.

#95 8 years ago

Just released Pindigo 0.3.0 to testers.

- added global Leaderboards — just click any machine icon or name (personal leaderboards aren’t ready yet.. soon)

- now showing evidence photo in place of backglass in home feed (if photo exists)

- easier preview/access to evidence photos throughout app

- no need to click an icon to read score notes

- social tab now sorted alphabetically

- fixed white screen freeze on some Android phones

- lots of other stuff

Follow me (cheezywhiz) or other pinsiders if you want to see some activity in your score feed.

Test away!

#96 8 years ago

updated. leaderboards seem to work 100%
    some of the games i just uploaded pre-patch with pics do not have any pics. not sure what the deal is with that but 1 or 2 do have the pics. also it seems the pic crops it at the top of the pic and doesnt show the score of the bottom part of the pic

edit: could you make the users own scores on the global leader board highlighted in a different color so you can see quickly where you stack up?

#97 8 years ago

Pindigo? Is this just an AKA of Pinscores? If so, I don't see an update in the App Store....

#98 8 years ago

I'M ON THE WRONG APP... AHH!!!

I search "Pindigo" and don't see anything on the app store...

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm sorted now.

#99 8 years ago

Just looked over the .3 update and it's fantastic. Feels much more full. Noticed that when you click Personal when on Global, my scores dislay twice for a second, then the duplicates go away.

Love the leaderboards!

#100 8 years ago

Excellent new version. If nothing changes this is already very useful.

Here are my notes for Android Lollipop on a Moto X and options for changes... but I really feel like I'm being picky now.

Quoted from cheezywhiz:

- no need to click an icon to read score notes

1. On android I can't see the score notes unless I click on the backglass image/photo provided by player OR unless I click on the up arrow (^) icon. Perhaps this is intended but per the comment above I thought it would just always show the comments under the score.

2. Speaking of that up arrow (^). (And now I'm getting very picky) I'm more familiar with a down arrow (v) being used to denote that if you click on something it will show more information... and then the down arrow becomes an up arrow and if you click on that it goes back to hiding that information. For example, from a computer (I didn't check on phone) see http://www.motorola.com/us/home and hover over the "Phones" and you'll see a v then click and it shows more and changes to an ^... click again and it hides... [Alternatively an ellipses (...) could perhaps be used like when someone quotes a lot of text inside the pinside forum?

3. I can't exit the app like I can other android apps. Basically when I push the back button it will go back to the login screen and auto login rather than exit. The only way I can exit is to go to the recent apps button and then close the app from there.

4. Still get the double login on starting the app (reported previously) but I can add a bit more info. After a fresh install or if I log out then I only get a single login. It is only if I am already logged in without logging out that I get the 2x login behavior.

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.