(Topic ID: 134394)

Pindigo: score tracking app — V3 out now!

By cheezywhiz

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 451 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 68 days ago by Matesamo
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 24 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png
    Sketch_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.28_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.17_PM_(resized).png
    2016-03-05_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.28.59_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.30.08_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_12.04.28_AM.png
    image.jpg
    pindigo__-_1_1.jpg
    pindigo__-_1.jpg
    tmp_16438-Screenshot_2015-08-23-16-28-191088105109.png
    IMG_1907.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg

There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
    #1 3 years ago

=====================
    Pindigo – powered by Pinside
    =====================

Available now for iPhone/iPad and Android

DOWNLOAD HERE:
    http://pindigoapp.com

FEATURES:
    • easily keep track of your personal high scores using your smartphone wherever you are
    • use your smartphone camera to record photo evidence of your awesomeness and prove it's legit
    • add notes and record details (# of balls, tilt sensitivity, etc) with each score
    • sync your high scores online with Pinside.com
    • stalk Bowen Kerins and gawk at his high scores (if I can convince him to use the app)

COMING SOON:
    • your followers will be notified when you get a new high score
    • you'll get notifications when your friends/teammates (users you follow) get a new high score

#2 3 years ago

This sounds pretty cool to me, so I'll give it a shot! I don't really have any friends that play pinball, but I do play a few machines near me and I post the highest scores on here.

#3 3 years ago

Looks cool, I don't post many scores to pinside but I volunteered anyway. It'll be cool to track my gameplay for a week or two just to see how consistently sucky my performance really is.

#4 3 years ago

PM sent

#5 3 years ago

Very nice.

#7 3 years ago

I'd want to, but am on Android.

#8 3 years ago

crazy, ive been working on something similar, same name even!

I really dig your pinside integration! I went for an Untappd type approach w/ four square checkins and such so you can see where your friends are playing out on location.

Android is available now, but we're still going through the iOS App Review process. Hopefully that will be out soon. More info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-track-your-scores

#9 3 years ago

PM sent. looks great so far

#10 3 years ago

Sign me up.

And if you ever want to distribute to the wider world, I'll put a post to my (up and coming) pinball league and put a flyer beside the machines at the brew pub.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from sethington:

crazy, ive been working on something similar, same name even!

Yeah, that is crazy! Competition is good, but I guess I should come up with a new name.

#12 3 years ago

cheezywhiz:
    downloaded your app (v0.1.0), however it doesn't appear to allow me to log in. I just get the 4 repeating growing and shrinking vertical bars.

#13 3 years ago

I tried it out to add my LotR score, worked great! Added it to my Pinside profile and everything! I'll see if I can head down to the arcade soon and try and break my highscore, and see how well it works when I'm not online.

#14 3 years ago

Kudos to Michael for taking the time to develop this cool cross-platform mobile app!

I worked with Mike to open up Pinside's API and it is the first Pinside app out there. Even added some cool social features (following Pinsiders), which will be further developed in the near future.

If you're testing, please keep in mind that this is all working on the real Pinside database. If you want to just play around and add dummy scores, then please add your scores to the Pinside Test Machine so it won't mess up existing score tables. Thanks!

#15 3 years ago

Very Cool!
    PM sent

#16 3 years ago

Ummm, so I downloaded the app from the Android playstore. And tried to login with my pinside user / pass. When it didn't work I came back here and re-read this, and see that you say iphone only. Is your app being spoofed on Android to phish people's login info?

*** I changed my pinside password immediately after.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

Ummm, so I downloaded the app from the Android playstore. And tried to login with my pinside user / pass. When it didn't work I came back here and re-read this, and see that you say iphone only. Is your app being spoofed on Android to phish people's login info?
    *** I changed my pinside password immediately after.

if you downloaded an Android app called Pinscores, then you downloaded the one I've been building. no foul play, just a bit of a name collision here. the Android one doesn't have the Pinside integration, so you would have needed to create an account first in order to log in and start adding scores.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from sethington:

if you downloaded an Android app called Pinscores, then you downloaded the one I've been building. no foul play, just a bit of a name collision here. the Android one doesn't have the Pinside integration, so you would have needed to create an account first in order to log in and start adding scores.

OK, phew, thanks!

#19 3 years ago

in when the android version hits!

#20 3 years ago

The name confusion is a bit unfortunate. What are the chances of two people simultaneously building a pinball scores app and calling it PinScores? Well, okay the name is maybe a bit obvious. But still

I was just talking to Michael and we were brainstorming new names. He's on his way to Pinburgh now, to test the app. That's dedication!

As for Android, from what I've gathered from Michael, the app will be on all mobile platforms.

#21 3 years ago

I've send you a PM. Would love to test this app!
    I would like a feature that only allows you to enter / sync your highest score so far for each table.

So If I get a score of 398,238,203 on, let's say Funhouse (just an example), and a few days later I get a score of 250,382,382...I want to get a message like 'You already submitted a higher score for this table'....and then just ignores it.

Perhaps it would be possible to let the app show your best score for that table so you can see the difference.

Anyway, i'm looking forward for the invite!

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Kudos to Michael for taking the time to develop this cool cross-platform mobile app!
    I worked with Mike to open up Pinside's API and it is the first Pinside app out there. Even added some cool social features (following Pinsiders), which will be further developed in the near future.
    If you're testing, please keep in mind that this is all working on the real Pinside database. If you want to just play around and add dummy scores, then please add your scores to the Pinside Test Machine so it won't mess up existing score tables. Thanks!

This opens up a heap of other options for someone to make other Pinside based apps (with your approval of course).

Ive always thought the top 100-200-300 should have a gameplay rules & strategy section. That would make a great app - if you're on location or in a comp for example. Or is there something like that already? Maybe could be integrated into this PinScores app? Or "Pinstructions" app?

#23 3 years ago

I'm at Pinburgh would like to install to use here if possible. Have computer with me.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm at Pinburgh would like to install to use here if possible. Have computer with me.

I'm also at Pinburgh and would like to use the app -- however my play today has been pitiful and I'd be embarrassed to record the scores.

Just shoot me your email address in a PM and I'll get you an invite. You won't need a computer -- you just need to be able to access your email on your iPhone or iPad.

#25 3 years ago

My scores must be similar to yours haha

#26 3 years ago

I added a score this morning but it just hangs on the home page. It did show up in my Pinside profile though.

#27 3 years ago

I'm still not able to get past the login window. I enter my user name, password and click 'Submit' and it just hangs at this:
    pinscore.PNG

#28 3 years ago

Excited for the android version...

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I added a score this morning but it just hangs on the home page. It did show up in my Pinside profile though.

I see your score on the pinside site and I'm following you in the app and I don't see your score there -- so I can confirm the problem.

I'll look into it. Thanks for the report.

#30 3 years ago

I will test this app this afternoon in Amsterdam. Found a place where they probably have a WWE WrestleMania.

Right now I've found found issues in the iOS app so far:

- I have to log in everytime i open the app. It would very handy if the app remembers your credentials.
    - When I want to follow a Pinside member, I can't find everyone.
    - When I click on a name in the 'Following' menu, nothing happens. I only can remove Pinsiders from there.
    - When I add a photo, it seems it won't upload to Pinside.

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from JSD1985:

I will test this app this afternoon in Amsterdam. Found a place where they probably have a WWE WrestleMania.
    Right now I've found found issues in the iOS app so far:
    - I have to log in everytime i open the app. It would very handy if the app remembers your credentials.
    - When I want to follow a Pinside member, I can't find everyone.
    - When I click on a name in the 'Following' menu, nothing happens. I only can remove Pinsiders from there.
    - When I add a photo, it seems it won't upload to Pinside.

Thanks for testing and for the feedback.

Clicking a user on the 'friends' screen doesn't do anything yet. I've been putting that off while I work on other stuff.

Regarding photo uploads -- I see your scores in the app and they have attached photos, so they did upload. Was this something that just happened occasionally? Did you have a strong internet connection at the time?

I have a new version coming out soon (today, I hope) makes many improvements.

- signs in automatically until you manually sign out
    - improved user interface
    - view your followers
    - new name! new logo!

Stay tuned.

#32 3 years ago

maybe I'll be able to successfully log in with the new version

#33 3 years ago

This is awesome! I'd definitely want this app,

#34 3 years ago

Still waiting for an email please

#35 3 years ago

I am looking forward to the update. One of the suggestions I would have made has been mentioned concerning the remembering of log in and all. Great app.

#36 3 years ago

Just sent out the latest update to testers. Was hoping to have public user profiles in this release, but it's not ready yet.

The biggest news is that the app has been rebranded since there is already a 'Pinscores' app on the market. The new app name:

Pindigo: Your pinball scores on the go!

Here are some updated screenshots.

IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1903.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

#37 3 years ago

Just installed, seems awesome, thank you.

#38 3 years ago

gogo android version

#39 3 years ago

This is very cool. I look forward to broadcasting my shame.

#40 3 years ago

looks much better than trying to use pinside on my phone.

#41 3 years ago

I have an android version ready to test.. I think. I won't have an Android device to test on until next week, so I'm stuck using an emulator for now.

If you want to test on Android, PM your email and make sure you mention that you are on Android.

I'm still accepting iOS testers, too. Same deal -- PM your email and make sure you mention that you are on iOS.

#42 3 years ago

Pretty impressed with the android version so far. Sounds like you're already working on it, but I'd love to be able to browse other user's scores and profiles. Don't want to have to search for users. Would also like to see the score list for each title. Keep up the good work! And I'll keep working on my scores!

#43 3 years ago

WOW this app is impressive. just got the android version installed. cant wait to add scores

#44 3 years ago

Oh boy, anxiously awaiting email invite for android now.

#45 3 years ago

Uploading a score was quick and easy, and it was added to my Pinside scores just fine. Loving the android app!

#46 3 years ago

Thanks all! It's great to see the positive feedback. Feel free to shoot me any feature suggestions.

Also, don't forget to follow me (or the other people that posted in this thread) in the app to see some activity in your feed.

#47 3 years ago

Cheezywhiz, on android i tried to follow you and it said that feature is coming soon

#48 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to get into 'Crashalytics' farther than their intro screen to register? :/

#49 3 years ago

Sent you my email Cheezywhiz

#50 3 years ago

Very nice! App works well... but ran into a few items and have a question and two suggestions

1) No date field. App assumes score was on current date. What if I'm entering in older data?
    2) I added picture but it didn't work? Is there a file size limit?
    3) I added a comment but I can't see it.

Question:
    4) How quickly does information entered on the pinside website populate to the pindigo app?

Suggestion:
    5) Would be great if the picture could actually be scanned for score entry...
    6) Could the app recognize huge image file sizes and recommend downsizing (and do it) prior to uploading?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 93.00
    $ 9.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 199.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 451 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside