PinScore or Rottendog Displays

By wizzardz

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

My BK is a very nice restoration in that many parts are OEM. Of course this has its downside as well. I'm considering pulling the original display boards - partly because of current issues, but also to fix and retain them - and replace them with an newer set.

Pinscore or Rottendog (any difference in cost aside)?

#2 12 years ago

I would rather support rottendog than marco(pinscore). pinscores have a brightness adjustment, however that is more or less useless as far as I'm concerned.

I have one of both, as my pinbot display was not made by rottendog. Both work great.

#3 12 years ago

This actually brings up a good point. Do collectors generally value "all original". ? I know i will be replacing all my gas displays with led displays as the originals fail. In my opinion, why keep a dangerous and technically inferior piece of technology in place in the interest of "value"?

I have classic cars too, so the same principle can apply there. You see the occasional 8 track player in the dash, But generally, new tech that doesn't negatively impact the look of the car is welcomed. (i.e. Fuel injection, halogen, cd/ipod, etc,)

On point of the original post, i have rotten dog in the F14 and pinscore in Taxi. If there is a rottendog for your machine, go with that one for cost sake. I am happy with both of mine.

#4 12 years ago

I am debating selling the displays and upgrading to the rottendog, but I need to see a picture first. People keep talking about a sticker coming with them to hide the pcb where as no one mentions it with the pinscore.

#5 12 years ago

Pinscore comes wih a very nice foam rubber gasket to avoid light leaks. Its better than the stickers rotten dog provides.

#6 12 years ago

I have heard good things about pinscore, nothing on the rottendog.

#7 12 years ago

As for original, I am a LED light fan, and liked the benefits of the LED displays (no HV, HV can be pouched, very long life). I would say though the original displays react faster (as is the issue with all LEDs), and are more desirable in a perfect world. Problem is that eventually, machines will all have to go LED due to technology at some point.

The difference isn't a deal breaker either way, but in the end, with the mentioned benefits, LED has added value to the pin, logevity, and removes future maintiance issues related to HV, which is no longer needed in that machine.

#8 12 years ago

I used the Pinscore in FH and Supesronic and was pleased with them. Having said that, in all honesty, I wasnt aware that Rottendog made displays. I thought they was replacement boards. I'll look into that next time there needed.

#9 12 years ago

Used pinscore in my Space Shuttle and am very pleased with the results.
Pinscore customer service is also very good.

Never tried the rottendog replacement displays but have ordered several System 1 power supplies and am happy with them.
Also Rottendog ships very quickly and great customer service as well!!

#10 12 years ago

Looking forward to hearing more about Rottendog if antbody has used them. Nothing bad yet, that is good

#11 12 years ago

Rottendog makes a wide range of products, they are great to deal with and are one of the companies that make you feel they are not just a vendor but care for the hobby.

#12 12 years ago

I had pinscores in my Swords of Fury and couldn't have been happier. Never tried the rottendogs...

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I have heard good things about pinscore, nothing on the rottendog.

Same here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscore-or-rottendog-displays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.