Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jeffpm
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

There's probably been a similar topic here before but what are some pins you're embarrassed to admit you've never played? I'll start:

I've never played a game of Twilight Zone.

#2 11 years ago

Um...

X-men. There wasn't even enough interest in the pin here in Dallas for any of the locals to buy one and have any kind of launch party....there were launches for both Tron and AC/DC.

I think recently my honest answer would've been TSPP, but I got a chance to play one early this year.

#3 11 years ago

Never played The Simpsons Pinball Party.

#4 11 years ago

i never understood the big hype about MM because i never played one.

#5 11 years ago

Joust. Someone sell me one so I can get over my embarrassment!

#6 11 years ago

The highest ranked pin I have never played is TOTAN. I think I have one game of MB in. Game was not well-maintained, so I moved on.

#8 11 years ago

I just counted, and I've only played 18 of the top 100 pins on pinside.

#9 11 years ago

Wow I've played 63 of the top 100 and thats in just a years time. I guess more if you want to count the doubles with the pro/LE/gold versions all getting separate spots. And of the 5 games I have owned 4 have been top 100. High Speed, Shadow,Congo, and Xenon. Bulk diet make the top 100 for some reason. Never checked the list before. Its rather surprising.

#10 11 years ago

Creature. Been looking for one for 2 years yet I've never played a single game. I want it based on theme and presentation alone.

#11 11 years ago

Just checked the current 100....Some odd pins in there now? Capcom's Airborne and Alvin G's Mystery Castle? Go figure, not too many of those around to even play.

Anyway, of the top 100, I haven't played exactly four: TFLE, Tron, ACDC and Xmen. That's right...Not a single new Stern. I think SM was the lastest Stern I've played.

However that will change tomorrow morning. Picking up a game from someone that has at least two of those four

#12 11 years ago

None. Why would I be embarrassed that I haven't played anything, when I have played thousands of games on other stuff.

I very badly would like to play an Barracora, but I'm not embarrassed that I haven't played it. I am a little embarrassed that I haven't played Bally Black Belt, as I've owned one now for five years and never quite got it working... annoying game. Last time I was trying to fix it, it lit itself on fire. Yarg.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I am a little embarrassed that I haven't played Bally Black Belt, as I've owned one now for five years and never quite got it working.

I think we have a winner!

#14 11 years ago

Ive never played a Twilight Zone. Ive played plenty of MM, MB, CC, TOTAN, CV, TOM, and others but cant find a Twilight Zone to play.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Last time I was trying to fix it, it lit itself on fire. Yarg.

LOL...literally

#16 11 years ago

Thanks to a half decade of CP Pinball, several trips to the PHOF, CHI Expo & misc road trips to pick up my machines from fellow collectors...

Seems like I've played em all. I know that's not the case, but you'd have to pick some ridiculous title to stump me.

I guess BBB is one I haven't played, logged enough time on Capcom pins to sleep at night still though.

#17 11 years ago

Out of the top 100 pinside pins, I do not remember if I have played Diner, Indianapolis 500, and Mystery Castle. I'm not embarrassed, but how did I play 97 games out of the top 100 and not remember if I have played Diner? Indi 500 and Mystery Castle.... ok, but Diner? Who has a Diner in the Detroit area for me to fix this, and or a Indi 500 and Mystery Castle?

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

LOL...literally

Well, might as well share the story...

I've got a VERY nice HUO Bally Black Belt, bought from someone who did some consulting work and got paid with the machine. It's gorgeous, but that series of games just has a million things that can go wrong with the boards. I had a working Special Force that suddenly got screwed up.

My buddy had space for it to work on, so we set it up at his place and turned it on, had booting issues. Tried a bunch of easy stuff, turned it on, and one of the capacitors on the board literally lit itself on fire.

It now sits folded up again waiting for me and / or him to find a few hours of time to actually dig into it. I might toss it to another buddy that does board repair to see what can be done, but since I don't have space for it right now anyway, it's sort of at the very bottom of the list.

Someday.

#19 11 years ago

Wow, I've been fortunate to live in two pin-crazy US cities. The highest-ranked game I haven't played (and isn't rare) is JP.

I'd love to play BBB, Cactus Canyon, and Safecracker.

#20 11 years ago

Can't say I'm embarrassed by it, but I haven't played Cactus Canyon yet. Since I'm a big fan of Westerns I figure it should be right up my alley...

#21 11 years ago

I've crossed a lot of games off of my TO PLAY list the last 2 years.

But still ashamed to say i've never played Funhouse, High Speed or Pinbot...

#22 11 years ago

Most of the newer Sterns.. and some I have only played 1 game (Tron LE, XMen LE, BBB: all played only 1 game on).
    IM is the only recent Stern I've played more than 5 games on..
    I should get out more and play pinball..

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Most of the newer Sterns.. and some I have only played 1 game (TRON LE, XMen LE, BBB: all played only 1 game on).
    IM is the only recent Stern I've played more than 5 games on..

Yes.

#24 11 years ago

Tales of the Arabian Nights... saw it during a show, had a whole day to test pins but I forgot to play that one

Stern catacomb - not ashamed, just eager to play it.

#25 11 years ago

Well, I'm not ashamed, but I am kind of disappointed that I've never been able to play DM or JD. I did find a broken DM in a bar once, but I don't recall noticing either at the PHOF in my past visits. They get a lot of discussion in the forums so I feel like my pin experience is incomplete having not playing either yet. Oh yeah, and I would really like to get a few games on BBB to see what the big deal is with that one.

#26 11 years ago

Richie Rich! No really its TOM and MB for me.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Joust. Someone sell me one so I can get over my embarrassment!

If your talking the williams one sell me one also

only 400ish made never mind I will never own this it will be permenantly on my want list.

I am not sure the theme is for me but there are few BBH around I have never played one.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

You said it!

#29 11 years ago

I'm embarrassed I bought a Lexus before I drove a 57 Chevy, Ferrari, the New Fiat or Lamborghini.

#30 11 years ago

Any new Stern that everybody seems to already own.

#31 11 years ago

Don't know if there is one I havn't played that wasn't some off beat euro one I missed.

I've never played a Spooky, does that count? Yet I want to buy one. Oh and mystery castle, i've never seen one to play.

#32 11 years ago

Like cattle to their death.

#33 11 years ago

Sadly I have never played Diner or Taxi.

#34 11 years ago

IJ - neither of them.

#35 11 years ago

Tommy. Just haven't found one yet. A fellow Pinsider near me has one. I just need to get my butt over to his house.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

i never understood the big hype about MM because i never played one.

Earlier this year I had MM pinball fever. Meaning that I really wanted to buy one.
    For me the cure was playing one that was for sale. Overall I love the theme (take
    a look at my avatar pic), but I could not justify the hefty price tag and did not feel
    personally that it was a great game. Good game, but not great.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

If your talking the williams one sell me one also

only 400ish made never mind I will never own this it will be permenantly on my want list

hehe. a williams joust is what got me into this fine mess of collecting pins (I still have fond memories of playing one for the first time at the bowling alley in naperville, IL back in '84).

btw, where were all you guys wanting one when I had 3 of them in my house and needed to get rid of 2 of them? (in the end, the one from new hampshire (my 1st one) ended up going to california, and one from california went to germany). the 3rd one is staying right where it is for quite some time as it's quite the novelty piece and a lot of fun for parties

I still need to play an x-men

#38 11 years ago

There are a lot of early SS pins that I can remember playing back in the day, but it's been so long since I've come across one that I can barely remember what they're like. Space Invaders would be a perfect example.

#39 11 years ago

I am proud to say I have played 99 of the top 100.

#40 11 years ago

Tron

#41 11 years ago

Quite a bit, but the ones that stick out the most:

LOTR, AC/DC, White Water, and Tommy.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I've never played a Spooky, does that count? Yet I want to buy one. .

Comme to Saint Etienne (France) this week-end ! Over 140 pins in free play at festi-flip, including spooky !!

http://www.festiflip.com/FestiFlip/FestiFlip.html

#43 11 years ago

Ive never played a Monster Bash, but I have a feeling that might change soon.. I missed out on the "Hayday" but Im making up for it now

#44 11 years ago

I have only played half a game on AFM, only half because I had to leave.

#45 11 years ago

Defender Pinball. I have my cabinet restenciled, restored coin door, a replacement 9 of 10 backglass, an NOS playfield that is clearcoated and ready to drop it, but sadly have not found the time to get the harness stripped and cleaned so I can reassemble it. When I bought it, the game was unplayable so I have never played a game on it.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I just counted, and I've only played 18 of the top 100 pins on pinside.

Just had a look and I have owned 58 of the top 100!!!

#47 11 years ago

Hmmmm-only have palyed ONE top 100-Zenon

#48 11 years ago

I've played 90 of the top 100... yet never had the opportunity to try Xenon.

#49 11 years ago

46 out of 100

#50 11 years ago

I've never played any Capcom pins, nor have I ever played JD and CV.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-youre-embarrassed-youve-never-played and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.