Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jar155
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Well folks, for a long time I have had a Stern Rollercoaster looking at me, asking for a complete cleaning, but everytime I start looking at the pf and all the ramps I just find a better thing to do elsewhere

Finally I said nuff is nuff and started to dissasembly the pf, I have to say Its the first "modern" pinball I have, my collection is made of 70s, 80s and 90s, and I've found the quality of the screws and some parts on this Stern pin to be a little crappy.

I really HATE to clean this pin, in order to access the pf under the back ramps I need to remove lots of plastic ramps, wires and s*** the back of the pf is loaded with toys, ramps, plastics, they used lots of different size spacers and nuts.... some of the screws are already damaged and the quality sucks, soft as melted butter....

So... I left the pin alone and went for the DE Royal Rumble, much easier, only the miniplayfield needed a little more effort...

Its the first time I said, fuck this pin!

#15 6 years ago

I try to take as many pics as possible when Im doing a hard playfield, but I dunno how I manage to always miss the photo that I will need to place a difficult ramp correctly, many times I have to search for pics at google, or ask a friend with same pin to take some pics for me :/

The worse is when you shop a pin for the first time, many times you find lots of stupid fixes, crappy jobs and broken parts, you start with a nice dirty but working pin and then you need to orden 5 plastics and a ramp for you shiny pinball hahahahaha

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Judge Dredd. Popeye, Whitewater.

Quoted from castlesteve:

I've heard whitewater many times, but I thought this was one of the easiest to shop.
    I'd say my top 5 that I've restored:
    Demolition Man - ramps and crane optos
    Bram Stoker's Dracula - way more complicated than I ever expected. New found respect just for the build layout
    Arabian Nights - because of the infinite size posts. Man they vary by like 1/16" it seems
    STTNG - all the underside stuff
    Judge Dredd - that stupid motor assembly planet thing problem

Judge Dreed was not too hard for me, but took a lot of time to left the planet working properly.

Next pins I have to do, and now Im scared:

Demo Man
    Dracula
    Popeye
    Roadshow (I started to clean this one, but I was unable to remove the heads and left it alone)

I think I will clean and shop my Flash again and forget about the hard ones hahahahaha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waffen_spain.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-your-really-hate-to-cleanshop?tu=waffen_spain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.