(Topic ID: 288401)

Pins you own, don’t like but won’t sell?

By PinPickle

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by phil-lee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

#1 3 years ago

Like the title says. Anyone have pins they don’t like but won’t part with?

I’m very new to pinball and have a very limited collection. I bought my first two pins at Christmas. Simpsons TSPP and Stranger Things Premium. I play my ST 100 to 1 over the Simpsons. I put pin stadiums and leds on the TSPP but I just can’t get into it. I love the theme but I find the games are long and slow and I don’t really enjoy it. My kids love it and I jumped through hoops to get a mint HUO so I won’t sell it. But it’s really just keeping space. I have had lots of offers to sell it but I won’t do it.

GNR LE is on order and JP, TWD & DP are on the wishlist.

I hope I will appreciate it one day but 99/100 I’m playing ST.

Anyone else have a pin they don’t enjoy so much but won’t part with?

#2 3 years ago

Aka, you'll sell TSPP once your kids stop caring.

Don't sweat it too much. If you like the game and it's getting played, keep it. If not, move on.

#3 3 years ago

I have several haha. I’ve only ever sold one machine and I sometimes regret it. It’s hard for me to part ways with games but my business makes it so I don’t have to. If I only had pins at home I think I’d be cycling through most of them pretty quickly.

#4 3 years ago

I got rid of a lot of games I didn't like, and even some I loved but owned for so many years it was time to let somebody else get some fun out of them and have room for another pin. And had a few that I liked but sold too quick and wish I had them back.

#5 3 years ago

For me it's Ballys Kiss. Great looking game but the play and sounds suck. Eventually I'll probably just put a backglass on the wall, sell off the game and put something else there....just not sure what.

John

#6 3 years ago

No reason to sell unless your out of room...

#7 3 years ago

Monster Bash

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Like the title says. Anyone have pins they don’t like but won’t part with?
I’m very new to pinball and have a very limited collection. I bought my first two pins at Christmas. Simpsons TSPP and Stranger Things Premium. I play my ST 100 to 1 over the Simpsons. I put pin stadiums and leds on the TSPP but I just can’t get into it. I love the theme but I find the games are long and slow and I don’t really enjoy it. My kids love it and I jumped through hoops to get a mint HUO so I won’t sell it. But it’s really just keeping space. I have had lots of offers to sell it but I won’t do it.
GNR LE is on order and JP, TWD & DP are on the wishlist.
I hope I will appreciate it one day but 99/100 I’m playing ST.
Anyone else have a pin they don’t enjoy so much but won’t part with?

Dont worry too much, ur close to toronto and the pinheads here are a mix between snakes and vultures. You will have ppl selling out their own mothers to get their hands on ur game when its time.

#9 3 years ago

I restored a Scared Stiff. High end restoration. Put it together, hated the playability. Boring in real life. I played it in VP before buying it and it was good.

Why keep something YOU, the collector, doesn’t like? Sold it, so I’m guessing it doesn’t apply.

#10 3 years ago

Nope...I can’t imagine keeping ANYTHING I don’t like. Anything I own is...well...because I like it.

However, you answered your own question...YOUR KIDS LOVE IT so right there is good enough reason to keep it even if you don’t like it!

#11 3 years ago

I hate Iron Maiden but can’t bring myself to let it go. But damn is it like chopping wood! Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post.

Come to think of it JP was worse that way and I did let it go. I hope my AIQ that is coming tomorrow isn’t like that! Ugh

I know. I know. PLAY BETTER! You are right, I should.........

#12 3 years ago

Maybe a different reason but I got started playing from Fire! That my parents bought when I was a kid. They let me take it to my house after I restored it to a pretty good quality. I don’t really like the game very much but I can’t imagine I will ever part with it since it has such a significance to my family and childhood.

#13 3 years ago

I have a couple of games that I am done with, but my son still has an affinity for, so I am holding onto them for him until he has a place large enough for them. There is a nostalgia factor for him on some of these. He remembers playing them when he was much younger, with me propping him up on my knee so he could play. I did that for him with a lot of games, but certain ones just stick out I guess. (Of course the funny part is now he is 6’ 3” and taller than I am).

#14 3 years ago

All of them.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I have a couple of games that I am done with, but my son still has an affinity for, so I am holding onto them for him until he has a place large enough for them. There is a nostalgia factor for him on some of these. He remembers playing them when he was much younger, with me propping him up on my knee so he could play. I did that for him with a lot of games, but certain ones just stick out I guess. (Of course the funny part is now he is 6’ 3” and taller than I am).

He should return the favor... prop you up on his knee!

#16 3 years ago

My Lights Camera Action. The novelty wore off years ago. It’s a cute game, but it’s not a good daily player.

I keep it around because mine is an undocumented HUO example, and it’s a smash hit at parties. Guests love it. It’s the Mario Party of pinball machines.

#17 3 years ago

I’ve had a brand new Areosmith premium for about 4 months now, maybe 30 plays on it total. I’m just not feeling this pin, the layout is meh, upper elevator playfield is just lame, the whole game besides the music is just boring IMO (I do like the trunk ball lock/code)......but it’s part of my rock and roll pin collection and it’s definitely not going anywhere.

#18 3 years ago

Bad cats.

Boring snooze fest.

Likely Won’t sell bc of the time I spent restoring it w new cab decals and ramps etx.

#19 3 years ago

No Poll, No Answer....

#20 3 years ago

If I didn’t like something it would be gone quickly or I probably wouldn’t have got it in the first place.

#21 3 years ago

Road race is the worst wedgehead I’ve ever played. Saving the game for the cabinet. Might use it for 2001.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Bad cats.
Boring snooze fest.
Likely Won’t sell bc of the time I spent restoring it w new cab decals and ramps etx.

Now wait a minute...

You were looking for that for YEARS!

#23 3 years ago

Space Shuttle. It will go eventually when I need space but it was my first game. It also doesn't command much money so I'm in a situation where I'd rather have the game than the 1500 bucks or whatever they sell for.

#24 3 years ago

Been there. Finally sold em.

Pistol poker
Als garage band goes on world tour
Cosmic carnival

Rare is neat but not always good. Need to put some time on jolly park to know if its good.

Mystery castle is a favorite, but i think its worth too much. Kinda odd cause alien is worth more but i dont have the same qualms about it.

#25 3 years ago

There are quite a few games I only keep because I host a Classics League. I still enjoy classic games, but I don’t play them much between sessions. Fortunately they were accumulated over the years when games were cheaper, so it isn’t a lot of money sitting there. But if I ever stop hosting (this last year doesn’t count), I’d sell a bunch of them.

#26 3 years ago

Stern Star Wars Pro. Not a fan at all, but it crushes on route/rentals.

#27 3 years ago

Nope. Just about everything in my history is gone for this exact reason... tired of it and no regrets selling it. Only time I regretting selling a game was Ali and I have since bought another.

#28 3 years ago

I have a medieval madness that I sorta find boring. I won’t sell it... but I could probably get a jjp wonka standard for the same price and be happier

#29 3 years ago

Not so much because of not liking but space.

Hyperball and Hayburners 2. Gradually running out of space and I went for unique gameplay when starting out vs fun.

#30 3 years ago

DE Star Wars. Iconic theme, wife won’t let me sell it. No one plays it

#31 3 years ago

BM66LE - boring as batshit. That thing pumps out Z’s but the price tag keeps heading north.

#32 3 years ago

Funny thread !

For me it is Pistol Poker.
The heart of my little collection are rare machines, specially from Alvin G.
So I collected within the last 15 years
Garage Band
Mystery Castle
Pistol Poker
USA Football
Dinosaur Egg

Together this is a very nice collection not every one in my area has. But .. PP is a brong machine. USA Football the same ... but they have to stand together

For nearly a year I gave my Alvin G.´s to a pinball museum to have some space. meanwhile sold most other machines and .. back to the roots with all the Alvin G.´s in my gameroom

#33 3 years ago

Odds and evens. It was one of the first games I played as a kid and it’s been in my family since the early 90s. It’s staying, but the game is not very good.

#34 3 years ago

Getaway. Earns and earns and never breaks down. Never play it.

#35 3 years ago

I have games that I like but rarely play anymore but don't want to sell.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Funny thread !
For me it is Pistol Poker.
The heart of my little collection are rare machines, specially from Alvin G.
So I collected within the last 15 years
Garage Band
Mystery Castle
Pistol Poker
USA Football
Dinosaur Egg
Together this is a very nice collection not every one in my area has. But .. PP is a brong machine. USA Football the same ... but they have to stand together
For nearly a year I gave my Alvin G.´s to a pinball museum to have some space. meanwhile sold most other machines and .. back to the roots with all the Alvin G.´s in my gameroom

Pistol lacks code, but it was a great layout.

USA Football is fun when drinking and playing with friends. The rules on it are a bit obtuse, but once you figure them out it does allow strategy. Until you figure them out, it seems stupidly simple.

#37 3 years ago

This thread's complement, "Pins you don't own, like, but won't buy" would be a much longer thread, I think.

- some are overpriced
- some are unobtainium
- some wouldn't get played enough for the price to be justified
- some wouldn't get played enough for the space they would occupy to be justified
- some you know would be too unreliable
- some would spook the kiddos, or be inappropriate at least
- some would draw the ire of the S.O.

But mainly the situation would be orders of magnitude more common than that of disliked pins nevertheless nailed to the floor.

That's my contribution, not sure if there is a point there, but I like all the pins I have! Well, but for the as yet out of commission EMs. I don't like that I haven't gotten them going, but I don't dislike the pins themselves. And I'd sell them for the right price, besides.

Don't let my rambling stop you! This thread is interesting!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This thread's complement, "Pins you don't own, like, but won't buy"

You should start one. I certainly have some entries for it.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Dont worry too much, ur close to toronto and the pinheads here are a mix between snakes and vultures. You will have ppl selling out their own mothers to get their hands on ur game when its time.

Now this is a funny comment - I have found the ones in Southern Ontario good to deal with for the most part. My biggest bitch is we have hardly any movement of pins like they do in the west of the country-ugh

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I hate Iron Maiden but can’t bring myself to let it go. But damn is it like chopping wood! Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post. Flip, wack post.
Come to think of it JP was worse that way and I did let it go. I hope my AIQ that is coming tomorrow isn’t like that! Ugh
I know. I know. PLAY BETTER! You are right, I should.........

It's not bad until you get the "whack post" multiball. I hit it all the time and Keith Elwin get jealous of my scores.

#41 3 years ago

Twilight Zone, but it's only because it kicks my ass. My hope is that in retirement I'll have enough time to play it and actually get good at it.

#42 3 years ago

Theatre of Magic, Metallica or Space Station

#43 3 years ago

Whitewater. It just sits there. I never turn it on. It’s only been turned on in the last 5 years just to put LEDs in it.

#44 3 years ago

Grand Prix (Williams). People say they want one of these, hard to find blah .
Yet they languish at sub-600. They should be in the 1200 range up.
Either way I wouldn't sell it because nobody would pay my price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
9,151 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Waterford Township, MI
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-you-own-dont-like-but-wont-sell?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.