(Topic ID: 329193)

Pins you miss, pins you don't. Pinflation edition

By Beechwood

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Hmm.. For me, I've learned that it is not so much the pinflation, since any monetary sales have gone directly back into pinball, which buys whatever it was worth at that time.

My issue is that I have found no two pinballs play exactly alike. So I know that I will never get to experience some of the real gems I have had, despite finding nicer examples which was my thought to move them along at the time :/

All that said, I've had some great titles that have been hit with pinflation.. but no regrets since they helped me accumulate what I have today on a meager budget!

Cheetah
    WMS Soccer
    Space Odyssey
    Strange World
    High hand
    Card whiz
    Cheetah 2
    Terminator 3
    WMS Grand Prix
    Cleopatra
    Jokerz
    Seven up
    Xenon
    Flash
    Centigrade 37
    Gigi
    Elektra
    San Francisco
    Rocket III
    ALI Getaway
    Interflip Dragon
    Star Race
    Sinbad
    Jumping Jack
    Twinky
    Rogo
    Ali
    Big Game
    Demo man
    Pinbot
    El dorado
    Close Encounters
    Jungle Princess
    Strange World
    Vector
    Volley
    Sound Stage
    Stars
    Rack a Ball
    Dracula
    Sharkey's Shootout
    Super Flite
    PinBot
    Solar Ride
    Beat Time
    Sky Lab
    EATPM
    Combat
    Lucky Ace
    Black Knight
    Flash Gordon
    Vector
    Spinout

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Ok, but you didn't specify each game individually. See the criteria in the OP

Sorry, I should have been more clear, that with my response.
    - Indifferent to all -

For example, I loved my first Cheetah, but it was traded for a nice T3, which in turn became part of the funding for my BK-SOR. I am glad to have my SOR, so I can't really say I miss or wish I had not traded my first cheetah, since I'd do that again

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Fair enough.
    I guess I should have been more clear. The ones you miss but can't justify buying back because of pinflation would be " why the hell did I sell that!"
    Black Rose should be a $2.5 K game tops. Ugly ass man-woman on the translite should have tipped me off.

Yeah, I mean, you had a TZ and TAF, that's amazing.. but at any point in pinball, these were always desirable titles, and would command 2x - 3x value of any machine... so in a way, the pinflation ratio is still about right, and they are high enough production that you can still find a decent deal now and then.

If your money stayed in pinball, it should be enough to get it back, or close to it.

Some titles have shot up as if it is bizzaro land.. like BTTF... but the good part is, we'd have no reason to buy it back. lol

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Here is the kicker, the actual point of this thread:
    I really, REALLY want TAF back. But wife said sell what we have to fund it, no more "new" cash is to be used for the pin fun. So, I can sell BSD, EaTPM, and LWJP to fund it. I give no shits about LWJP, but would miss EaTPM and BSD terribly. It is like choosing between children.
    For this poor pinhead, it is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Maybe I should get a second job...

EATPM is big money these days... might just need that and LWJP.. depending on condition. May even get someone who really wants the EATPM to work something out for TAF.. all depends on condition.

Curious, if you go back in time, what did the $ from TAF buy you?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-you-miss-pins-you-don-t-pinflation-edition?tu=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.