(Topic ID: 329193)

Pins you miss, pins you don't. Pinflation edition

By Beechwood

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

Yeah that's a great sign that I definitely do not miss one. Be flipping thru the internet, see a game and go "Oh yeahhh, I totally forgot I had one of those!"

I know, right? I look at my Pinside collection previously owned and that list is getting big.

#52 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

With the way prices are now? I wish I'd kept them all.
    John

Wish I would have kept Tron
    Actually I wish I would have kept them all...

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sarge:

Wish I would have kept Tron
    Actually I wish I would have kept them all...

Ain't that the fucking truth!!

#54 1 year ago

I wish I had not let the first two go, but that's why the 3rd TAF showed up . . .

. . . best one yet !

#55 1 year ago

Playboy - don’t miss terrible copy
    Lost World - don’t miss, just awful game
    Adams - miss it, but would like a better copy
    Dredd - good riddance
    STTNG - Why the hell did I sell that
    Lectronamo - don’t miss
    Roller games -Indifferent
    Roller Disco - don’t miss
    No Good Gofers - why did I sell that, not great copy tho
    Xenon - don’t miss
    Four Square -don’t miss
    Rocky and Bullwinkle - indifferent
    Last Action Hero - indifferent
    Riverboat -why did I sell that
    Skateball - why did I sell that
    Mr Ms Pac-Man - good riddance
    Hobbit - miss it, WTH did I see given prices
    Embryon - indifferent
    AIQ - miss it
    Centaur - miss it but it never worked right
    Haunted House - KMA
    Lightning - KMA
    Mousin Around - miss it bad copy tho
    Spy Hunter - KMA

#57 1 year ago

I miss none of the pins i've sold!
    When i'm done, i'm done

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Here is the kicker, the actual point of this thread:
    I really, REALLY want TAF back. But wife said sell what we have to fund it, no more "new" cash is to be used for the pin fun. So, I can sell BSD, EaTPM, and LWJP to fund it. I give no shits about LWJP, but would miss EaTPM and BSD terribly. It is like choosing between children.
    For this poor pinhead, it is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Maybe I should get a second job...

Or a second divorce lawyer?

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

The three I miss most because I don't want to pay the new inflated prices are:
    TZ. Sold for $3500 very nice pin
    W?D cool game but after selling it for $1800 I can't justify the $5 k price now.
    And the #1 burn my balls for selling... TAF sold for $5k and it was may favorite. $12k now??? I need therapy.

Assuming you put that money back into other pinball machines you probably didn’t do too bad in the grand scheme of things.

Let TAF go. You’ll have it a week, tour the mansion a dozen times, and wish you had BSD back.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

Assuming you put that money back into other pinball machines you probably didn’t do too bad in the grand scheme of things.
    Let TAF go. You’ll have it a week, tour the mansion a dozen times, and wish you had BSD back.

I don't play hard core like some collectors. Something shallow is ok, especially for my wife and kids. It would be nice for them to get to a "moment" once in a while (showtime).

My wife refuses to cradle a ball or do bounce passes etc. So she rarely gets far in Halloween, it's hard enough for me!

#61 1 year ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

I don't play hard core like some collectors. Something shallow is ok, especially for my wife and kids. It would be nice for them to get to a "moment" once in a while (showtime).
    My wife refuses to cradle a ball or do bounce passes etc. So she rarely gets far in Halloween, it's hard enough for me!

How about Data East JP? It’s not as good as TAF for a bunch of reasons but still similar fun for less than half the price
    Or Alien. That is a fun mode based game that has an easy MB right up the middle. You can get one for under msrp right now. It even has a a similar shoot ramps and a scoop to start a mode thing.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

How about Data East JP? It’s not as good as TAF for a bunch of reasons but still similar fun for less than half the price

Theme. We love Addams. She even watched Wednesday already.

#63 1 year ago

I Miss:

Tron
    TSPP
    SM

#64 1 year ago

OK, I'll play:
    -Space Shuttle: indifferent though it was my 1st pin
    -Seawitch: don't miss. Terrible geometry
    -Nine Ball: indifferent
    -Mystery Castle: miss it. Great theater
    -TNA: miss it. Price is too much now.
    -TZ: eh, indifferent though I love the show
    -TAF: miss it, but couldn't justify keeping it for the price even when it was going for $5k so I guess indifferent
    -Whirlwind: thought I missed it, but bought it again and realized I didn't.
    -Diner: miss it but question if it would be like the above
    -BOP: don't miss. Pass.
    -D&D: miss and sold it for WAY too little. Not the greatest game, but beautiful and has its place
    -FH: don't miss. Gets old quick IMO
    -WCS: don't miss.
    -LW3: don't miss
    -LOTR: don't miss
    -Skateball: miss it. Should've held onto it longer.
    -Torpedo Alley: don't miss
    -Fathom: never got it going so miss it
    -TX Sector: don't miss
    -Fireball: miss it
    -Paragon: don't miss
    -Baywatch: never got it going but indifferent
    -MM: don't miss it but my girls do so maybe I should've held longer
    -TSPP: don't miss
    -Spectrum: don't miss, couldn't get rid of fast enough
    -Atlantis (Gottlieb): miss it but got offered stupid money
    -Flip Flop: indifferent
    -Andromeda: miss it. Sold to Rob Berk so happy it's in a good place. Probably wouldn't want again, but fun game that's hard to find.
    -Cannes: never got it going. Indifferent.
    -Family Guy: don't miss

SUMMATION: the ones I miss are Mystery Castle, Andromeda, Fireball, Atlantis (Gottlieb), Skateball, TNA, TAF. Don't know that I'd pay today's prices for any of them so I guess I feel like I've done quite well! YMMV

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

OK, I'll play:
    -Space Shuttle: indifferent though it was my 1st pin
    -Seawitch: don't miss. Terrible geometry
    -Nine Ball: indifferent
    -Mystery Castle: miss it. Great theater
    -TNA: miss it. Price is too much now.
    -TZ: eh, indifferent though I love the show
    -TAF: miss it, but couldn't justify keeping it for the price even when it was going for $5k so I guess indifferent
    -Whirlwind: thought I missed it, but bought it again and realized I didn't.
    -Diner: miss it but question if it would be like the above
    -BOP: don't miss. Pass.
    -D&D: miss and sold it for WAY too little. Not the greatest game, but beautiful and has its place
    -FH: don't miss. Gets old quick IMO
    -WCS: don't miss.
    -LW3: don't miss
    -LOTR: don't miss
    -Skateball: miss it. Should've held onto it longer.
    -Torpedo Alley: don't miss
    -Fathom: never got it going so miss it
    -TX Sector: don't miss
    -Fireball: miss it
    -Paragon: don't miss
    -Baywatch: never got it going but indifferent
    -MM: don't miss it but my girls do so maybe I should've held longer
    -TSPP: don't miss
    -Spectrum: don't miss, couldn't get rid of fast enough
    -Atlantis (Gottlieb): miss it but got offered stupid money
    -Flip Flop: indifferent
    -Andromeda: miss it. Sold to Rob Berk so happy it's in a good place. Probably wouldn't want again, but fun game that's hard to find.
    -Cannes: never got it going. Indifferent.
    -Family Guy: don't miss
    SUMMATION: the ones I miss are Mystery Castle, Andromeda, Fireball, Atlantis (Gottlieb), Skateball, TNA, TAF. Don't know that I'd pay today's prices for any of them so I guess I feel like I've done quite well! YMMV

Interesting. So two of the pins you miss are because of pinflation. TNA because now it's too expensive to justify, and Atlantis because pinflation got you stupid money to sell it. Guess it works both ways, crazy hobby!

#66 1 year ago

Gottlieb TASM: Indifferent. Was my first machine. Art package is stunning and this example was in pretty good shape. However, as my first machine, I played it A LOT and thus was able to rack up extra balls and pretty high scores regularly. If I had the room, I would've liked to have kept it, but I'm fine with it gone. Doubt it has changed in price much, either. Thanks for all the good times, Spidey.

LAH: Don't miss it. People always advertise this as good bang-for-the-buck which, if you're talking purely in mechanisms and features, is true. IMO the geometry in the game is seriously lacking cohesion: it feels like they had a bigger BOM with this game than usual and used it be cramming as much on the playfield as they could. Though I really enjoyed it at first, once I got my HS2, LAH's shortcomings became readily apparent and it was time to move on. This probably jumped way up in price as a 'hidden gem'; not all that glitters is gold.

BK: Kind of miss it. The BYUUUUU-BYUUUU-BYUU-BYU-BYUBYUBYUBU sound of the targets counting down constantly going is pretty obnoxious, but the excellent flow, iconic speech, magnasave, and multiball madness do make me miss it. Great game to play after a few beers because you don't really have to focus on deep rules or strategy, you just have to smash those targets. If I ever have the room, I'd like to find another.

Diner: Don't miss it. Got it to scratch the itch I had for Taxi as I couldn't find one. Diner was beautiful to look at, especially the example I had, but it's just too damn hard. I tried lowering the back legs, making the slings less sensitive...on the rare occasion, I could play a game that lasted longer than 30 seconds. Non-pinball people? Couldn't stand it. Oh well...

T2: Kind of miss it. Had wanted one for so long and finally got one. Had a lot of fun with it, but don't think it was a permanent keeper. I have JM now which, while different rules-wise and not nearly as iconic, has a faster, more savage layout that's similar enough to T2 that it scratches the itch. If I ever move on from JM, I might have to get either T2 or T3 for that mix of smooth flow with action-packed brutality.

2 weeks later
    #67 1 year ago

For myself I was always collecting arcade games or doing something else and I finally got into the pin world after graduating School but it was too late pinballs were starting to take off again. I own almost every game that I bought. So for me it's almost the opposite I'm excited to keep every game that I have

Quick Draw- I sort of missed the game, but it was a project basket case

STNG: I love this game, the person who sold it to me knew I was a huge fan of the show and he gave it to me for a decent price. What was cool is he let me have first crack before all the collectors with the big money.

Black Rose: I'm a sucker for pirate themes I can see why it doesn't get super high reviews but I'm glad I bought it and that I still own it.

I have other games but it's hardly worth mentioning these are the ones that I either regret or that I'm super excited that I still kept

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-you-miss-pins-you-don-t-pinflation-edition/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.