(Topic ID: 43029)

Pins you just don't "get" but "most" people do.

By Astropin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballChris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpeg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 6 years ago

Top of my list TSPP. It's super deep....so what? It's slow and clunky and I guess I just don't fully appreciate the theme. Don't hate the show.....but never really watched it either. The pin just doesn't do anything for me.

Next - Funhouse. I've tried, I've really tried....it's just not fun to me....it just isn't.

Next up BSD. Ugly pin, sparse playfield, uninteresting game play. I actually really liked the movie.....not so much the pin. You go ahead and enjoy it though.

TAXI - OMG if I here that pin call out TAXI! or that damn cat one more time I'm going to pull out my magnum and put a hole through the sound board......enough said. And with that being said I can honestly say that playing Stargate doesn't bother me at all.......funny that.

Road Show - worse than Funhouse, or I could just say Funhouse + Country music to double up on the pain.

#2 6 years ago

Tz for me it's just a bore fest.

#3 6 years ago

Tz for me it's just a bore fest.

#4 6 years ago

Shrek/Family Guy
    TSPP
    Spiderman

#5 6 years ago

Tron - It's a fun pin but not nearly as great as it's spoke about to me. I think it's because the shots fit my skills well so the game is fairly easy for me. I wouldn't mind having one some day but just can't spend the coin they are going for on it.

#6 6 years ago

Shrek/Family Guy (Original layout just not that exciting to me)

CFTBL (I want to love this game I just cannot)
    BOP (like the other two in series better)

#7 6 years ago

TZ - wanted to like it, but hate it, even on the Pinball Arcade
    MM - funny for a game or two, but boring, repetitive, gameplay
    STTNG - want to hang Ritchie by his b*lls for those outlanes.

On the flip side, titles I like but many don't:
    RS - great shots and wire forms
    RCT - good flow for a Lawlor game
    ID - ramp shots tight and satisfying

#8 6 years ago

TZ, TAF, FG.

Too slow for me. This would be blasphemous to most, but I would take a JM over any of those.

#9 6 years ago

TZ for me. It gets a lot of praise for all that has been loaded into it but it just isn't that "fun" to play, IMO

#10 6 years ago

Talk about a troll thread!

#11 6 years ago

This is for you non TZ lovers

images.jpeg

#13 6 years ago

I just don't get.............one's that I don't have the cash for.

#14 6 years ago

Why does everyone love Popeye Saves the Earth so much?

#16 6 years ago

Definitely MM for me. It's an average game at best, IMHO. MB pricing makes more sense to me than MM pricing.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from balloukevin:

MM - funny for a game or two, but boring, repetitive, gameplay

But you chose it for your avatar anyway?

#18 6 years ago

With the machines I've played, I'd have to say TZ. Only because it's the game at which I suck the most.

#19 6 years ago

SS - Is it because of the backglass? This one doesn't do a thing for me.

Indianapolis 500 - Meh. Don't care for the theme, just never really found all that fun.

#20 6 years ago

STTNG - Never had a use for the show, same for the pin.
    LOTR - It's OK but who has that kind of time?

#21 6 years ago

Spiderman, TSPP, and yes TAF

#22 6 years ago

MB. What do you people love about this game? The 'Universal' monsters must be before my time..

On the other hand I love CFTBL.

#23 6 years ago

AFM
    LOTR
    Target Alpha
    Paragon
    STTNG

#24 6 years ago

TSPP. Hate the game and show. AC/DC love the band but wanted more in the game as it bores me with shot selection. As for those who hate LOTR or especially SM you must be crazy as they play fast and fun.

#25 6 years ago

Iron Man. Sparse playfield, and repetitive.

#26 6 years ago

TZ, TAF, FH, and BSD. I just don't find any of them very fun to play, and I've put a fair amount of play time on all of them in an effort to "get it." The appeal of all of them just eludes me. I felt that way about TSPP for a long time as well, although I am starting to like it a little bit better. Still not sold on it being as amazing as so many people seem to think, but I've gotten to the point where I don't really mind playing it.

#27 6 years ago

Wow, don't want to beat a dead horse here, but it's TZ for me as well. Everything about that game says I should love it (I love horror, sci-fi and the show), but I sold mine a long time ago and never had the desire to own one again.

#28 6 years ago

tz, lotr, shrek, family guy (which i really wanted to like).. could name more but why bother. its all opinion on what you like, so if someone disagrees, who cares. your opinion on what you like or dont like is 100% right. if you like what you have, then good for you if the hating trolls on here give you grief for not liking what they like, offer them a tissue.

#29 6 years ago

Spiderman - isn't as fun as it should be; kind of a letdown.
    Funhouse - Cool game, fun to play, but Rudy is just too damn creepy.
    Rolling Stones - boring playfield, only real toy on it looks cheap and has been done before.
    Gorgar - Aside from having speech, the game just isn't interesting (and I don't care for the games with a repetitive sound in the background.)

#30 6 years ago

For those of you that said BSD, I'm with you 100%. It's one of the games that I keep trying to like, but I just can't get into it.

There are also probably very few people that dislike Sopranos as much as me. Can't stand that game.

#32 6 years ago

I get why most people like a lot of the games that they do, it just so happens that I don't.

Like LOTR. I'll tell you it's one of the best games ever made. I have no interest in ever owning one.

That's how I feel about the majority of the so called "A" list stuff. I have had an opportunity to buy a lot of different machines in my life, and I've even owned some of the most popular A titles, and they all leave quickly. Games like VND that no one else in the world likes stay.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

That's how I feel about the majority of the so called "A" list stuff. I have had an opportunity to buy a lot of different machines in my life, and I've even owned some of the most popular A titles, and they all leave quickly.

Kind of like a fancy car. You keep it clean, but it's not your daily driver.

#34 6 years ago

LOTR is probably the game I like the least that so many love, to me it just blows chunks
    Spiderman, AFM, Ironman, and most of the newer Sterns that people are gushing over, leave me cold as well.

#35 6 years ago

CFTBL...I have tried many times to like it but I just don't get it.

#36 6 years ago

tron
    ngg
    totan

#37 6 years ago

I'm not a lover of FH and TOTAN either. Simpsons I've only played 6-7 times so really don't know.

#38 6 years ago

I pretty much "get" them all. It's pinball. Pinball's fun for me. I can even see some redeeming qualities in Popeye, even though I like to bust it's pinballs on occaision.

#39 6 years ago

afm. I'm baffled that people are paying up to 10k for that game. I've played 2 different ones and I've never been more disappointed. to me it's maybe to 30th best title of the 50 games that I've played. Ill compare that game to TAF. taf has (IMO) much better shots, better callouts, better playfield and I tie in to an amazing movie! I remember once I sank a shot over the bookcase when it was closed and the game responded "that's dirty pool old man" which is straight out of the fencing scene. I honestly don't understand the afm love. if I ever found a great deal on an afm I would immediately flip it.

#41 6 years ago

TZ for sure

ACDC Prem\LE a close second

Tron

TAF

SM and MM where previously on the list. In each case I bought one to see what all the hype was about. I really didn't like either. MM ended up coming to the top and SM took a while but I'm REALLY enjoying them both

I'm thinking I might have to go this way with ACDC Prem

#43 6 years ago

TRON
    TAF
    CV--- hit the Ringmaster to start Ringmater, then hit the Ringmaster... mayne I need to play this one more...
    I get that LOTR is deep, but it's so dpressing to play... it makes the journey painful! Superbly mirroring the film at least

#44 6 years ago

WH2O

Completing everything but rivers, then having to hit that middle shot over and over and over to advance got old.

MB

Good looker, fun for a weekend or two. I hear 'Monster Baaaaaaassshhhh, Gotta get it while you caaaaannnnnn!" in my nightmares. Hate that track.

Still would not turn down playing them though. Just like women, all pinballs have a least one redeeming quality.

#45 6 years ago

LOTR-I do not care for design. Who ever designed the squire drop was retarded. Cool twisting ramps-that's it. I really do not care for cheesy figurines-strip-tied in. When I first saw-I thought they were cheesy mods. Magnet looks like a vagina. To top it off-the troll theme-I cant get into it-even if I try. I think it is like a poor man's MM. Way over-rated-IMO

#47 6 years ago

TZ, TAF, FH, NGG. Popular with many, but just can't get into any of them.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For those of you that said BSD, I'm with you 100%. It's one of the games that I keep trying to like, but I just can't get into it.

Have you been able to get all three multiballs going concurrently, Gweem?

#49 6 years ago

TOTAN
    Spiderman

IJ - Need to spend more time with it but so far it doesn't do anything for me.

#50 6 years ago

Tron LE...I just don't get the fascination with this game, especially for the price it commands!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 299.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 129.25
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside