Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by scooter
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JD-wire-forms.jpg
    ramps.JPG
    image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    Airborne.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I'm not a pro by any means with pins. I started to think yesterday about my pins and wireforms. I first bought a Lethal Weapon 3, then a Maverick....my third addition was a Baywatch. I know it may not be an A or B collection but that is not the point. What I am wondering... is how popular wireforms are and what games have the most (quantity) or the best (turns and loops)??? I noticed that My LW3 (remember my first pin and I thought the wireforms were the best thing since electricity, how noob I was thinking that was the Grade A in Wireforms, lol) had some wireforms but not near as many as my Baywatch. My Maverick sits in the middle because it has wire but also some plastic ramps. By far, the Baywatch I have has the most forms but not sure if that means anything and in the big scheme of things what exactly are the best wire form games out there for amount and also play/fun?

Help me out friends at Pinside! It is Friday night, a snow storm is approaching, C.L. has no decent pin ads for me to drool over, this evening...I am left with this driving question about wireforms lol

#2 12 years ago

Demolition Man is the best use of wireforms, IMO.. lots of stuff going on there for sure!

#3 12 years ago

Airborne has some awesome wireforms!

Airborne.jpgAirborne.jpg

#4 12 years ago

DM is a great game, I would love to play an Airborne, that looks like flomaina!

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

DM is a great game, I would love to play an Airborne, that looks like flomaina!

I agree. I like that layout from the pic...interested for sure to play. It looks like the wires are multi or bi level (one over the other at the very end, near the flippers)? I like that elevation/height/altitude difference!

Wow..edit***Looked again(at the pic) and indeed that is alot of wire More than my Baywatch and thought that may be high on the number of wire. Like Pin Crazed said, that looks like a very nice playfield flow as well. I want to play that game!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Airborne has some awesome wireforms!

AGREED!

Quoted from Pinballdad:

I want to play that game!

I did... Now I want to own one. image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg Batman Forever is gnarly as well.

#7 12 years ago

Baywatch has quite a few, another member on here had removed his to have plated and there was a big pile of wire, forgot how much he said it all weighed. Roller Coaster Tycoon gets my vote for best utilized wire forms, they make really good use of them in this game.

#8 12 years ago

TFTC also has awesome wireworms.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from Snurdley:

gweempose said:Airborne has some awesome wireforms!

AGREED!
    Pinballdad said:I want to play that game!

I did... Now I want to own one. Batman Forever is gnarly as well.

Attachments image-1.jpg (86.3 KB, 0 downloads) 3 minutes old image-1.jpg (86.3 KB, 0 downloads) 7 minutes old

Are those wires powdered? Love the color and the loop at the flipper area...reminds me of a Nascar pin I played about 8 months ago and had this big loop for the silver ball...fun. This Bat is yet another machine I want to play...I want to play it right now too! Lol...rats , when I see some of these pics, on this forum, it gives me a rush to crave a table to play that I have no idea even where to begin or locate to play My wife and I went to the Michigan Pinaball Expo last April/2011...we played many of the pins talked about at Pinside and PBD. We are going again this April. I hope Batman and Airborne are there to play!!!

#10 12 years ago

Judge Dredd has the triple stacked wire form ramps

#11 12 years ago

I think BW wins for sheer volume and ramp length hands down.

The shooter ramp runs diagonally across the entire playfield and then loops back around near the top.. a beast.

ramps.JPGramps.JPG

#12 12 years ago

Ugh...I need to take mine off, like you obviously already have done, I dread the day. Why? I am good at some things...remembering every exact screw/washer is not one of them. Digital camera will need to be my friend when that day comes

#13 12 years ago

i love the wireform on lw3. its always fun to make that shot.

#14 12 years ago

DE has some nice wireform games, but they painted it and it tends to flake horribly. My batman forever needed to be redone.

Personally I like the shadow, but I guess it really is just how well used the phurbas are.

#15 12 years ago

Once you tear it down 2-3 times you start remembering. That and ziplock bags and sharpies help.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

i love the wireform on lw3. its always fun to make that shot.

It does have a nice flow to it. That's one really nice thing about LW3, no plastic ramps.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

+ 1,000,000

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Ugh...I need to take mine off, like you obviously already have done, I dread the day. Why? I am good at some things...remembering every exact screw/washer is not one of them. Digital camera will need to be my friend when that day comes

Wireforms usually aren't bad. Like one or two attach points. I use masking tape to tape the screws right back on the wireform after I pull it off... makes it really hard to mess something up when putting it all back.

One of the first pins I shopped was my DM. Yeah, lots of wire.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Pinballdad said:Ugh...I need to take mine off, like you obviously already have done, I dread the day. Why? I am good at some things...remembering every exact screw/washer is not one of them. Digital camera will need to be my friend when that day comes
    Wireforms usually aren't bad. Like one or two attach points. I use masking tape to tape the screws right back on the wireform after I pull it off... makes it really hard to mess something up when putting it all back.
    One of the first pins I shopped was my DM. Yeah, lots of wire.

Thanks for the tip(s) Rascal...sounds like you have done this a few times man!

#20 12 years ago

There are certainly some tricks to know when removing those baywatch ramps, Sega did not make it easy. You practically break the whole thing down when you take them off.

#21 12 years ago

The monorail wireform is pretty cool in TSPP.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

The monorail wireform is pretty cool in TSPP.

I dunno if I'd call that a wireform, more like a folded piece of aluminum.

AC/DC Premuim / LE has one too!

#23 12 years ago

I think that Pinball Circus' wirefoms tops them all.

#24 12 years ago

I have to mention Bad Cats as an earlier example of wireform art that was ahead of its time, would love to own one. I challenge you to come up with a pin with a longer total wireform track length that was released before Bad Cats. Bet there wasn't one. (I could be wrong) anyway, it predicted the future.

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from mystic:

I think BW wins for sheer volume and ramp length hands down.

+1

#26 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

I'm not a pro by any means with pins. I started to think yesterday about my pins and wireforms. I first bought a Lethal Weapon 3, then a Maverick....my third addition was a Baywatch. I know it may not be an A or B collection but that is not the point. What I am wondering... is how popular wireforms are and what games have the most (quantity) or the best (turns and loops)??? I noticed that My LW3 (remember my first pin and I thought the wireforms were the best thing since electricity, how noob I was thinking that was the Grade A in Wireforms, lol) had some wireforms but not near as many as my Baywatch. My Maverick sits in the middle because it has wire but also some plastic ramps. By far, the Baywatch I have has the most forms but not sure if that means anything and in the big scheme of things what exactly are the best wire form games out there for amount and also play/fun?
    Help me out friends at Pinside! It is Friday night, a snow storm is approaching, C.L. has no decent pin ads for me to drool over, this evening...I am left with this driving question about wireforms lol

I like the wireforms on Stargate and Roadshow. The Flying Rocks wireform on Roadshow in particular as its probably the most complex I've seen that involves skill to determine the path. You have FOUR possible paths from the single form (5X Blast, Radio Riot, Extra Ball, or a full plunge to hit Ted in the head) with the first three skill shots branching out on the wireform, one across the playfield.

#27 12 years ago

Shadow. Was going to have Mike Chessnut brass them when I did my tom's, then I counted them... I leave that for the next order

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Yeah - this one is the craziest IMO.

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

I dunno if I'd call that a wireform, more like a folded piece of aluminum.

Sorry, I was thinking of the Moe's Tavern wireform.

#30 12 years ago

Yes it does and they are a blast to hit over and over and was one of the reasons it was my first pin (4 flippers and a widebody also helped). However, the ramp that crosses in front of the drop targets often catches an airball ricochet. I wonder if someone has a fix for it or if it's something I have to learn to live with. All it needs is another bar over the North side to prevent it from happening.

JD-wire-forms.jpgJD-wire-forms.jpg

#31 12 years ago
    Quoted from BowlingJim:

I like the trick shot on TFTC.

#32 12 years ago

I like the crossed wire in ID4 they were well done.

#33 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I like the crossed wire in ID4 they were well done.

I like the F14 crossed wire-forms, simple but fast. Also check out Capcom's Airborne. That has loads.

#34 12 years ago

Not the most complex or numerous, but my vote for most beautiful wireforms goes to MB. Smooth-flowing curves. Kinda sexy.

#35 12 years ago

sttng was awesome wires

1 month later
    #36 12 years ago

Another bump for Dad

#37 12 years ago

RCT are kind of cool. Usually don't like colored ones though.

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

sttng was awesome wires

Can't believe that nobody mentioned that one sooner.

I agree with the mention of Road Show too.

#39 12 years ago

DM and JD . TZ Several more ,,,

#40 12 years ago

F14 has a lot of wire

#41 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

sttng was awesome wires

beat me to it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-with-the-mostbest-wireforms?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.