Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by yaksplat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-1 (resized).jpg
    image-2 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Just wondering what some of the pins are that having scoring that doesn't take a masters in pinball to figure out.

I once had a NBA fastbreak that I never wanted, but thought was great. It had to go in a trade deal, but I loved just scoring 1's,2's and 3's.
    And i'm not even a big basketball fan.

I don't like EM's.
    I probably spend more time fixing pins than playing them.
    Theme really matters to me.

Sometimes I don't want to spend to much time thinking, I just want to play.
    I also like to play some pins more like an adventure game than for points.

#2 4 years ago

Hobbit. No idea if that’s a theme for you or not but that’s your adventure pin. Same with lord of the rings.

I wouldn’t worry about simple rules. If you just want to play, then play. See lit shot, hit lit shot. Good things will happen.

#3 4 years ago

Theme matters on a game you aren't going to play, just like the basketball game you loved but you hate basketball.

I'd go hobbit and avoid score?

#4 4 years ago

Theme matters because I have to at least like what I'm looking. Sorta of like a car you don't drive often, but it still needs to look good when you walk by it.
    Didn't say I hate basketball, just don't follow it closely.

#5 4 years ago

What themes are you into? Action, syfy, sports, etc?

#6 4 years ago

For home, I really enjoy games that have an "adventure" aspect as well as scoring. Both Lord of the Rings and Star Wars (Pro) are machines I own and machines you can enjoy and progress without ever paying attention to the scores. I agree with others that The Hobbit is another good option for such a machine.

#7 4 years ago

i have an nba fb in south jersey if you want another one

#8 4 years ago

also really any bally williams

#9 4 years ago

all your system 11's are pretty simple and straight forward

#10 4 years ago

World Cup Soccer '94 is pretty darn straight-forward, but still has a lot of cool features and lighting.

1 week later
    #11 4 years ago

Do you have a certain era in mind? Most '80's pins regardless of manufacturer have simple scoring that can usually be learned after just a few games.

#12 4 years ago

I want a WCS or NBA FB. Both pretty simple

#13 4 years ago

No EMs then scoring doesn't get much simpler than a game like Stern Stars or other early solid states from the late 70s with simple rules and scoring actually labeled on the playfield.

#14 4 years ago

Just to be clear, i'm not in the market for a pin.
    I keep my eye out and buy when the timing and price is right.

I've had a lot of system 11's and I feel most have run their course with me.

I figured you guys would mention soccer, i'm certainly no soccer fan, but if it comes up cheap and local, I might be willing to give it a try.

In a twist of fate, I acquired a really nice theatre of magic since I made this post. (no I was not looking, but a trade deal came up and I took it), while I still don't grasp the scoring very well, i'm having no trouble following the callouts and my kids (2 and 4) are loving the them (they think the magnets are real magic, lol)
    Chuck's see shot hit shot advice in the second post seems to really apply.

#15 4 years ago

Hmmm - possibly Attack from Mars or Medieval? Scoring is pretty straightforward. Or Champions Pub. Starting fights is pretty fun...

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from jcar302:

I figured you guys would mention soccer, i'm certainly no soccer fan, but if it comes up cheap and local, I might be willing to give it a try.

Soccer is truly a great game with easy to keep track of scoring, but I'm almost 100% sure you also mentioned you don't like EMs.

But guessing it is right in your budget.
    image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#17 4 years ago

Austin powers! Just shoot for the ramps and nail dr evil when he pops up.

#18 4 years ago

Bally paragon. Top 100 game. Priced low. Best art package in pinball. Easy to understand, tough to master.

#19 4 years ago

Breakshot. Fun and simple and has a DMD. Relatively cheap too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-with-simple-scoring?hl=wanimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.