Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello! I am curious if there is a list of pins or way to filter on pinside for games with shoot-through (for lack of a better term) jet/pop bumpers. Maybe there is a technical term for this that I'm not aware of, but I'm not sure what else to call them. If this doesn't make sense, I'm referring to jet bumpers that are not isolated (usually top right) of the machine but are also used as obstacles that you need to shoot through. Some examples of what I'm talking about include Funhouse, Roadshow, and Whitewater. Roadshow is maybe the easiest to see since the ball launches through the bumpers initially and then in order to hit the right ramp you need to "shoot-through" the jet bumpers. Is there a better term for this feature and also what other pins have this? I really enjoy this and I'm trying to get a list of all pins that have this feature. Thank you!

#2 3 years ago

I have Tron and Congo

#3 3 years ago

A lot of them have them, more specifically, this was a Pat Lawlor design feature. That was later featured by other designers. Jump on IPDB and search by Lawlor to get a good start.....

Borg used it in a lot of his Stern designs as well.

#4 3 years ago

Imdn shoot through pops to hit ramp and it’s tough shot. Lol

#5 3 years ago

"Lawlor Shot."

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

A lot of them have them, more specifically, this was a Pat Lawlor design feature.

Yep, Addams family comes to mind.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Yep, Addams family comes to mind.

Addams has five(!) to shoot between for the left orbit

GnR has this for the extra ball shot. JJPotC sorta does as well

Ripleys, Whirlwind, Monopoly, etc. Most lawlors.

WoZ has a side flipper shot through the pops.

Stargate has two pops on one side of a shot and a kicker target on the other side.

A lot of earlier gottliebs just have pops placed randomly around the playfield, which tends to involve shooting between them, but maybe not in the way you want (Ready Aim Fire, Volcano, for instance)

#8 3 years ago

Radical!

#9 3 years ago

This is always a satisfying shot. X-men and Congo come to mind

#10 3 years ago

One of my favorites is on Earthshaker when you shoot through the pops, through the spinner, around the top loop and if it has enough speed it will cross the playfield to the upper flipper and you hit the ball in stride for a side ramp shot.

#13 3 years ago

DE jurassic park

#14 3 years ago

Left ramp in Maiden

#16 3 years ago

South Park's Stan shot. Super tough because it is close to the flippers, like Addams.

#17 3 years ago

Whitewater

#18 3 years ago

Stern’s KISS

#19 3 years ago

One of the best examples of what you are describing is White Water which is not a Pat Lawlor design It's a Dennis Nordman design.

#20 3 years ago

So many EM's...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-with-shoot-through-jet-bumpers?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.