• 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by TwilightZoneEhv
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TMa magnet.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Quick question:

Are there any pins where a magnet takes control of the ball away from the player in the upper playfield where there are upper playfield flippers?

Bally's BMX

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Quick question:

Are there any pins where a magnet takes control of the ball away from the player in the upper playfield where there are upper playfield flippers?

Bally's BMX

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Finrod:

What I find interesting is that the large majority of games listed (44 of 52) were made in 1990 or later-- and some of those 8 before 1990 are ones where the magnet(s) is/are completely under player control, like Black Knight and Black Knight 2000.

thats before a magnet controler board was designed

#54 7 years ago

Rollergames and Twilight Zone let you control the ball instead of creating chaos.
When it comes to this I think the very first pinball with magnets may be Williams 1970 4 Aces.
Here two top targets can be lit for collecting the bonus. A magnet holds the ball during the count down and then let go without speeding it up. And in the very few extreme make-overs of Johnny Mnemonic (actually becoming The Matrix) a magnet is added which will fling the ball in any direction.

TMa magnet.jpg
2 months later
#55 7 years ago

It sounds like 60+ games have magnets. Cool.

My goal actually, was to learn which games have "Chaos-creating" magnets in the lower half of the main PF like TAF has in it.

I'll open a new thread and see if we can get this feedback a little more specific.

-mof

7 years later
#56 3 months ago

do we have a list?

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside