(Topic ID: 7780)

Pins wanted before something drastic happens!

By smokedog

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by smokedog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hi all

My main hobbies besides pinball are golf and poker. Both of these activities require a lot of patience to do well at. No patience, and you can get really frustrated quickly.

It's been awhile since I sold my last pins (MB + ST:DE) to fund some more purchases. I believe I have been patient waiting for the right deal to appear. Up in the black hole of pinball machines I like to call home, there is nothing for sale. Well, except for EM's that everyone and their dog appear to own, and want to sell for $2K.

I'm finally at my breaking point. If I do not find some pins to purchase, and quickly, something drastic may happen. I might even move the cash into a long term, low rate investment!

And so, I turn to the friendlies on Pinside, where most of you probably share the same affliction as myself. I'm looking to purchase some pins, preferably as a package. I have broken my wants down into 3 lists, A,B,C (arranged in no particular order). Ideally I would be able to purchase a package that would include one pin from each list, or a combination of some sort. I'm not looking for NIB pins, pins that you could auction off on ebay for $30,000, I'm looking for anything from 'It was working at one time' to a nice example of the pin in question. I prefer players pins, ones that need some cabinet love, some cleaning and maybe a little play field work, but that have all the mechanics and boards present and working.

With that in mind, please puruse the lists below, let me know if you have anything (PM or post, don't matter). I do require these to be shipped, and I'll do what I can on my end to help with this. Thanks for helping out a pinsider in need!

List 'A'

IJ 93
AfM
Fun House
SpiderMan
TotAN
TSPP

List 'B'

Shadow
Congo
RBION
Sopranos
White Water
Fish Tales
PotC
TRON
Creature
No Good Gofers
Iron Man
WhirlWind
Theatre of Magic
Guns and Roses

List 'C'

Taxi
Diner
Pinbot
Black knight
Centaur
Swords of Fury

Edited to add: Will work with retailers as well.

Post edited by smokedog : Forgot to add that I will work with retailers as well.

#2 12 years ago

Interesting list, but honestly you are kind of hosed with most of it. Your c list pins are around the 900 range except diner and centaur. It will cost a 1/3rd of their value to ship.

Your b-list has mostly players pins that do not come up for sale much and sell fast when they do.

A-list machines tend to be in short supply as well and while they (and others) are available you are looking at ebay pricing to get them now. not sure who will have more than one of those machines for sale at anyone time. Many of us are choosing to put machines up for trade since finding the replacements is so difficult these days.

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I might even move the cash into a long term, low rate investment!

Piss That! Sh!t Man! all CDs are a loss when you add Real Inflation!
I have my assets and I'm quite financially minded, but pinball = better health.
Health is priceless!
Health/Quality of life? or small drops of interest on a devaluing/eroding/dying currency?

#4 12 years ago

Well, it certainly does not hurt to try!

I tried going the trade route (using my MB as trade bait), but got no bites except for the odd "Hey, here's this machine that is worth a 1/4 of your MB, wanna do an even swap?".

The reason the C list is there is because I'm looking to buy more than one machine. Shipping up from the States is expensive, and it makes more economical sense to ship more than one up.

I prefer to remain optimistic! Life's too short as it is with out adding negativity to it.

#5 12 years ago

there is negative and their is realistic. From my perspective you are asking for something unrealistic since most of your machines are difficult to buy by themselves let alone as a pair. Except for a few exceptions most of those pins will sell within hours at a reasonable price (reasonable being fair market value). It stands to reason that were you to find someone with two of those machines you will over pay for them.

add to that you are posting on a predominately american forum versus macca or even rgp since it has a wider audience. This means if you do find a seller you will pay import taxes and higher shipping rates.

#6 12 years ago

I will keep my eyes open for ya. We are not that far from each other.

#7 12 years ago

Also, we all get the crap trade offers. I have had three people expect me to take a trade that was 700-800 below the value of my tommy.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Health/Quality of life? or small drops of interest on a devaluing/eroding/dying currency?

Agree 100%! Need pins to maintain a healthy mindset.

#9 12 years ago

@dung - I have a realist in my life, and she's a great counter balance to me (dreamer). I've never been mistaken for a realist by anyone who knows me on a personal level.

And I am a member of macca's forums, along with the VRPA, and the founding member of SAPP. I am much involved in the community up in the great white north, and do as much for spreading the love of pinball as one guy can. My wants have been cross posted.

I don't frequent RGP except when I am looking for tech tips. Too much BS for my liking.

@Pinheadpuckguy - Thanks! You're close enough for a road trip. Make a two day thing out of it and go catch a Wild game and have some beers. Saw the Caps play the Ducks last year, what a game, 7-6 final for the visiting Caps. Ovey is amazing to watch!

#10 12 years ago

Pinhead puck guy-- Saskatoon is 900 miles from you. That not close in my book.

Good luck up there in Canada. I know there are some pinheads in Regina that might be able to help you out.

#11 12 years ago

Their is a local pinball arcade that also sells their pins. That have nearly all of the pins on your list for sale right now. Only problem is their pricing so it depends on how bad you want them. They are nearly all players pins as most of the older ones have playfield wear. Not bad but not perfect either. the new ones look new though. Some pricing though that I can recall off the top of my head -
Pinbot - average condition - $2K
AFM - Average shape - $10K
FH - Average to average + - Closer to $4K
Taxi - Average - $2K
No good golfers - average shape - $5K
MM - Pretty nice - $13K

If you want pricing on any of the others I'd be more than happy to get them for you and even take some pics if you are really serious. I just bought 2 pins myself but to be honest I walked away from them as they weren't really willing to neg much. I felt I was reasonable but they didn't. For example I just bought a nice BOP for $1800 and they wanted $3K for an average one. They also have a corvette that I wanted badley but they want $4K (best they would do was $3.5K) and it has a busted blackglass cabinet and is down A LOT. Still nice but the hightest price I've seen.

They claim they can't even come close to replacing their machines for what I was willing to pay which I know is false since they are higher than e-bay $$$. I think they just don't really want to seel and will take money for them if someone coems along willing to pay it. The arcade is called Pinballz in Austin Texas. Really nice people but the pricing.... Like I said though, they have nearly all on your A,B and C list though so if you wnat them now you can have them.

#12 12 years ago

Thanks Captain! I know pretty much all of the pinheads in SK. We're all in the same boat, this province has been picked clean.

1000 miles is where I draw the line on driving. Anything after that is airplane time!

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Saskatoon is 900 miles from you. That not close in my book.

It is relative. I do not think 900 miles is that far.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14 12 years ago

Thanks 85vett! I will look into them, and maybe give them a call. I'm not dropping hundies from my pockets, so the deals do have to be, as dung would say, realistic

#15 12 years ago

You wacky Alaskans/Canadians. I thought my idea of a long ways was scewed growing up in the middle of nowhere South Dakota.. but you guys are just nuts!

What you pinheads in SK should do is rent a uhaul and head to Seattle or Portland and pick up a ton of machines together.

#16 12 years ago

@Captain - As abso stated, it's relative. For me to see a decent concert requires a 6.5 hour drive to Calgary. Closest place to watch an NHL game is a 5.5 hour drive. And we consider those a sweet day trip!

#17 12 years ago

Hey, SD! How are you? If I can find 2 or more of those machines from "other" sellers you want me to call you and see if I can get them?

I am just about done with my own collection for now so helping you hunt would maybe fulfill that part of the addiction for me...

LMK

TG (another Jason)

#18 12 years ago

I got Fishtales, Dracula, and shadow and skateball in Kamloops. Interested in a trade perhaps??
I'm also a vrpa member...
Tom

#19 12 years ago

@ T_G - great man! Not liking the frigid temperatures and snow on the ground though. Missing the fairways already.

Don't put in too much effort. Stressed Gorillas are no fun! But if you do come across anything, let me know! I think you have a good grasp of what I've been looking for (seems like I've been looking for ever). My wants are similar to what you just went through (envy of Spidey and IJ).

#20 12 years ago

@tom - my trade bait (MB) got sold. The 3 I have now are keepers. The only one I would consider letting go of would be TAF, and I would only do that once I had a nicer version of it. Love that game.

#21 12 years ago

I miss my TAF, did u sell that mb to maurizio from the vrpa?

#22 12 years ago

Nope, he ended up grabbing one from another member. We were this close to trading for his TSPP and some loot.

I get sick watching his kid play. I thought I was a decent player until watching some of those vids. Would be neat to see in person. I'm going to try and make it out for a tourney this summer. I'm headed down to Seattle again, and may take a day or two in Van. Probably my favourite city to visit.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

What you pinheads in SK should do is rent a uhaul and head to Seattle or Portland and pick up a ton of machines together.

There's not as many as you think for sale. Tons on location, but machines here go quick due to competition. And there is no such thing as a killer deal here. Top dollar for all pins. Luckily, I can go out and play anything I want to on location somewhere when I'm feeling discouraged.

#24 12 years ago

Find a nice big auction in the states (Wisconsin has one this Saturday), rent a uhaul trailer and drive down here, be cheaper than shipping

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Thanks 85vett! I will look into them, and maybe give them a call. I'm not dropping hundies from my pockets, so the deals do have to be, as dung would say, realistic

No problem. The price thing with them may be the breaking point but if something starts to look good let me know if you need some eyes for you and I'll get you pics of the machines. I'm super new to pinball ownership so I wouldn't want to speak towards quality but a picture is worth a 1000 words

#26 12 years ago

Anyone ever deal with Dr. Scotts Pinball Store in Maumee, Ohio?

#27 12 years ago

Thanks to all who responded and sent PM's. It was much appreciated!

I have a tentative deal that looks like it's 96% going to happen. I will start a new thread when it is finalized!

Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, VT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 27.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-wanted-before-something-drastic-happens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.