Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 241 posts
  • 150 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Grayman_EM
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2ADC4364-3C8B-475B-B19A-31A16FEEB0FC (resized).jpeg
    Battlestar+poster (resized).jpg
    Thewarriorscover (resized).jpg
    EscapefromNYposter (resized).jpg
    800c13b9a41a2ccff3a9a65383d4658b (resized).jpg
    fast-times-2 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpeg
    Beckensale (resized).jpg
    37322cf36622e5930e54fb307111c0ef2f9280ee (resized).jpg
    57979C64-A9A4-40C2-8326-10DFABEA6790 (resized).jpeg
    red-dwarf-5095bfaa73ae3 (resized).png
    madmaxz (resized).jpg
    Beetlejuice-2-Potential-Release-Date (resized).jpg
    Not Hans (resized).jpg
    MV5BYTY0ZDNiNzgtNGM3OS00NTI2LWEyYTYtOTU2MzJkYmE4MjJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEwMDM2NDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
    Army of Darkness (resized).jpg

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Laurel and Hardy had two games with Flicker and Prospector but sadly Abbot and Costello, the Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges don't have any. Such a waste of some iconic characters.

I thought it was Yanni and Hardy.

#202 5 years ago

Good call! Never played that one. Any good?

#203 5 years ago

57979C64-A9A4-40C2-8326-10DFABEA6790 (resized).jpeg57979C64-A9A4-40C2-8326-10DFABEA6790 (resized).jpeg

#204 5 years ago

The Fifth Element
    Johnny Quest
    Underdog

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

So I think a lot of older themes would still work quite nicely. For example, I think Harry Potter or The Goonies would still probably sell quite well. There are however a few themes that I think would have sold well in the past, but now wouldn't have as much appeal. One that comes to mind would be the Da Vinci Code. Ten years ago, it was one of the top licenses and would have been a good seller. Now, meh. Some others include M*A*S*H, Zombieland, and Hunger Games. Though, I'd still be interested in Zombieland. That has always been my pick for the best zombie licence. Much better humor to work with then The Walking Dead. I think "the rules" would work well for a non-linear set of goals. Complete X orbits to complete Rule #1: Cardio. I think there were ten rules used in the movie, but there are actually 32 rules on the list. Plus, you've got Woody Allan, the carnival, kills of the week, Twinkies, and Bill Murray. Maybe a personal pick, but I'd take Zombieland off my "too late" list.

M*A*S*H would have worked years ago but not now

#206 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Good call! Never played that one. Any good?

No. Like most CC pins.

#207 5 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
    Would be freakin hilarious with callout material from the show. Not sure how licensing would be with so many classic cartoon characters involved.

There is a new Harvey Birdman special coming soon to Adult Swim:
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/05/harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law-returning-for-new-special/

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

A "Tippecanoe And Tyler Too" pin to celebrate the U.S. presidential election campaign of 1840. Nobody really cares that much anymore.

Warranty term on the machine would be limited to 31 days most likely.

#209 5 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

I thought Ian Fleming was the author of the James Bond books.

Correction: Sorry MadPole you are correct. He was the producer of most of the James Bond films.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPilot:

I believe I may have the one that could actually get built - Rod Serling's "THE NIGHT GALLERY"

» YouTube video

Serling hated The Night Gallery as his hands were tied and it got to much of a comedy on some of the shorts. He had free rein on The Twilight Zone maybe a new cheaper version?

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from cloudburst:

Beetlejuice was just MADE for pinball!
    CB

Yessssss.... More Baldwin.....

Don C.

1 week later
    #212 5 years ago

'Allo 'allo would be suitable for a pingame.

#213 5 years ago

MAD Magazine!

37322cf36622e5930e54fb307111c0ef2f9280ee (resized).jpg37322cf36622e5930e54fb307111c0ef2f9280ee (resized).jpg
    #214 5 years ago

Underworld

Beckensale (resized).jpgBeckensale (resized).jpg
    #215 5 years ago

Airplane ! The one-liners would have been awesome.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
    #216 5 years ago

I believe there is a white wood of this game but changed to something else, saw on here or pinball book.

#217 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I believe there is a white wood of this game but changed to something else, saw on here or pinball book.

And some translites were produced.

#218 5 years ago

A Roseann pinball machine it throws insults at you and quits midway through the game.

4 weeks later
    #219 5 years ago

Just watched this yesterday...SPEED.

1 year later
    #220 4 years ago

Fast Times @ Ridgemont High

fast-times-2 (resized).jpgfast-times-2 (resized).jpg
    #221 4 years ago

What happened to Grayman?

#222 4 years ago

Monty Python's Flying Circus- 50th anniversary edition.

Actually, I think this would be very good NOW, and the excellent remastered BluRay boxset just came out

https://networkonair.com/all-products/3077-monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition

Oh, and there are more recent similar comedic things:

Peter S was in Shaun of the Dead, and there's another movie that would be a great pin...

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Sorry to digress, but I saw you post about this in another thread a week or two back and I immediately clicked buy; there was a great cock up (or genius joke) with the delivery where they first sent me an empty outer shell with absolutely nothing inside. But they since saw me right, and I have to say this is a really very impressive collection, so thanks for posting it here because I never would have known about it otherwise. Ashamed to say it took me far too long to twig why its the Norwegian edition.

And it would surely never be too late for a Python pin!

#224 4 years ago

For me "The Last Starfighter" comes to mind. From 1984 movie about a kid in trailer park playing a video game and is recruited to fly a space ship. Think it was just simply missed would've made a decent pin.

800c13b9a41a2ccff3a9a65383d4658b (resized).jpg800c13b9a41a2ccff3a9a65383d4658b (resized).jpg
    9 months later
    #225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballs:

Actually, I think this would be very good NOW, and the excellent remastered BluRay boxset just came out
    https://networkonair.com/all-products/3077-monty-python-s-flying-circus-norwegian-blu-ray-edition

Oh, and there are more recent similar comedic things:

Peter S was in Shaun of the Dead, and there's another movie that would be a great pin...

A tip of my hat to the one of best comedians who still would make a great pinball for us older gentlemen.

Benny Hill!

1 week later
    #226 3 years ago

I reckon it could be a great pin. There will be an anti-PC backlash in the near future IMO, and who better at the vanguard than Benny Hill

If you want remastered British stuff (and a lot more), including this, try here:

https://networkonair.com/search?controller=search&s=benny+hill

#227 3 years ago

I cant believe noone mentioned two of the most perfect themes yet:
    EscapefromNYposter (resized).jpgEscapefromNYposter (resized).jpgThewarriorscover (resized).jpgThewarriorscover (resized).jpg

Snake Plissken! Come out to plaay!

#228 3 years ago

Van Halen

#229 3 years ago

RIP to a legend

Pink Floyd long overdue before they die too. Ditto Black Sabbath. Ozzy bat pandemic mode!

#230 3 years ago

1978 BattleStar Galactica.
    Bally announces thier next widebobdy pin for 1979!
    Battlestar Galactica, with Frank Frazetta artwork!

Oh wait, that SHOULD have happened.
    For one year there late in 78/79, my friends and I loved Battlestar way more than Star Wars, then it got cancelled, and slowly faded away.

Battlestar+poster (resized).jpgBattlestar+poster (resized).jpg
    #232 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

1978 BattleStar Galactica.
    Bally announces thier next widebobdy pin for 1979!
    Battlestar Galactica, with Frank Frazetta artwork!
    Oh wait, that SHOULD have happened.
    For one year there late in 78/79, my friends and I loved Battlestar way more than Star Wars, then it got cancelled, and slowly faded away.
    [quoted image]

Loved me some battlestar galactica, too

#233 3 years ago

Itd be dyno-mite!

2ADC4364-3C8B-475B-B19A-31A16FEEB0FC (resized).jpeg2ADC4364-3C8B-475B-B19A-31A16FEEB0FC (resized).jpeg
    #234 3 years ago

I agree NOW more than ever! But would they have two versions one with David Lee and the other with Sammy?

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Loved me some battlestar galactica, too

Which version? The older one EM and the newer electronic?

2 weeks later
    #235 3 years ago

You would think the Flintstones would have been made by now. The 70's show would have made a great EM because it's the 70's.

#236 3 years ago

I suspect Big Bang Theory would have been easy to use as a theme. Popular show, lots of gimmicks in the show which would have translated to artwork/action on the playfield. Licensing would have been a bear ...

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

So I think a lot of older themes would still work quite nicely. For example, I think Harry Potter or The Goonies would still probably sell quite well. There are however a few themes that I think would have sold well in the past, but now wouldn't have as much appeal. One that comes to mind would be the Da Vinci Code. Ten years ago, it was one of the top licenses and would have been a good seller. Now, meh. Some others include M*A*S*H, Zombieland, and Hunger Games. Though, I'd still be interested in Zombieland. That has always been my pick for the best zombie licence. Much better humor to work with then The Walking Dead. I think "the rules" would work well for a non-linear set of goals. Complete X orbits to complete Rule #1: Cardio. I think there were ten rules used in the movie, but there are actually 32 rules on the list. Plus, you've got Woody Allan, the carnival, kills of the week, Twinkies, and Bill Murray. Maybe a personal pick, but I'd take Zombieland off my "too late" list.

These threads get bumped and I always have to search to see if I've answered already. I stand by my past list but would add Die Hard, Speed, and Armageddon. Huge blockbusters that are far from peak popularity. I also think MTVs Jackass might have worked in the early 2000s. Not a machine I would have wanted, but could have been similar to No Fear where you need to complete different stunts to advance. Unpopular opinion, but it's nearing too late for Futurama as well. Great show, but I'm not sure your average person give it a lot of though at this point.

1 week later
    #238 3 years ago

Had another thought on this and I did like the show even if others didn't.

Enterprise about the first ship.

#239 3 years ago

Unless mentioned previously, there is a whole 'indiana jones' type genre with lots of other stories that made pretty good movies for their target audience:

About 5 years ago, The Librarian, a time-travelling hunt for artifacts, somewhat know actors, multiple location/theme possibilities. (NoahW/RRomjin)
    About 10 years ago, Warehouse 13, as it was fairly colorful in scenery, again mostly B-round actors, was based on search for historical artifacts.
    About 15 years ago, National Treasure, as it was again an action search for historical artifacts, and had B-round actors (sorry nick cage)
    About 15 years ago, Sahara, action adventure, had Matt McC, Steve Vaugh and Penelope Cruz. Lost gold stuff. Starts in last century, lots of story sequences.
    About 20 years ago, Relic Hunter, similiar story, a young Tia Carrera.

Each of these could have been easily adapted using any of the story lines to drive the rules and lots of recognizable toys/gimmicks on the playfield.

#240 3 years ago

Hunger games, complete miss imo. At the time.

It just would really not matter at this time.

We are bordering my same logic on Harry Potter but I have a strange feeling about potter.

For a start, the fans of potter are legion versus hunger games. Which is basically over.

Again all imo.

Many other themes out there, that are old but could make great pins still, like blade runner or Conan.

#241 3 years ago

A 007 pinball with James Bond but it's George Lazenby and since he was only in one movie only one would be made.

There are 241 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-that-should-have-been-produced-and-now-are-too-late/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.