New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 248754)

Pins that have that "just one more game"feel AKA most addicting

By Mercury

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 days ago by jorant
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7BC2A4B5-A68B-4A48-92F6-3E812097A4B9 (resized).jpeg
8640471A-A45F-4D08-BD6A-AAD75DBC20D6 (resized).jpeg
8a34c451e03021285788d9b1466e9325 (resized).png
imbg (resized).jpg
Graphic_Art_Poster_-_Iron_Man_-_Hollywood_Collection (resized).jpg
9846bbb11cc201ac3e93fb98960eb95d8e58a9d3 (resized).jpg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#52 1 year ago

Another vote for Iron Man.

In the EM department:

Fast Draw. (Ok next ball I’ll get all the cowboys knocked down. Game over? Ok next game, I get 5 more tries. Oh, come on. This time it’s gotta happen, etc etc )

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

AFM is that way for me.

I agree

#54 1 year ago

The easy answer is any of my short flipper EMs.

However since I'm trying to conform to the norm around here, I put a bunch of plays on my Judge Dredd before it crapped out at 1:00 in the morning the other night. Then I took the whole drop target bank apart and fixed it and played on until 3:30 AM.

#55 1 year ago

I know some pinsiders don't consider it a true pin, but Strikes N Spares always brings me back for more games. Maybe it's because a perfect game can be achieved, or because a lucky streak could result in a high game. Or I just like bowling.

#56 1 year ago

Out of my collection currently the games that have me hitting the start button repeatedly are...

Ghostbusters LE
Star Wars LE
TNA
Fishtales
Avengers LE

-All of these games are like Doritos chips-You simply cannot stop at just one chip or one game.

#57 1 year ago

play upper PF until ball goes down, right flipper control, shot the left ramp...
repeat again, and again, and again, and again, and... :/
until the right slingshot is really sensitive and did not allow to do this

#58 1 year ago

It had been years since I played a real - not digital - Twilight Zone until last night. There's a nearly perfect (for location) TZ at Emporium Wicker Park in Chicago. I moved around from game to game but came back twice to it before going home last night.

#59 1 year ago

Alien - missions are awesome.

#60 1 year ago

Maiden
Thrones
Stern Kiss
Deadpool
EBD

#61 1 year ago

1967 Bally Surfers. Short game but just has a fun layout.

#62 1 year ago

Baywatch
Ripley's
WCS 94

#63 1 year ago

LOTR_________I'm kidding. Still Tron.

#64 1 year ago

Pinbot

BK3

#65 1 year ago

Going back to The Pinball Lounge this weekend. Family Guy and The Beatles I’ll play for sure.

#66 1 year ago

Blackout for me. Just one more time to try and get a blackout. Sure, the pin was cheaper but it'd be easier putting down a crack pipe and walking away.

#67 1 year ago

I'm the same way with Stars. What is it about this game that's so addictive?

#68 1 year ago

Right now it’s Barb Wire. I love shooting Fatso

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

I'm the same way with Stars. What is it about this game that's so addictive?

The quick game times, speed, chimes, and the false hope that there is a 100k shot out there to be had.

#70 1 year ago

For me at right now it’s RZ. Can’t stop playing it.

I have mine set up pretty hard and it is one brutal game.

#71 1 year ago

I have the hardest time turning off my Mata Hari. I’ll have my finger on the power switch and look at the lit back glass and think “ahhh F it, I’ll play one more...”

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The quick game times, speed, chimes, and the false hope that there is a 100k shot out there to be had.

Has PAPA ever used it in their tournaments?

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

Has PAPA ever used it in their tournaments?

Yep. It was at pinburgh last weekend. I’ve also played it in classics events at circuit events that PAPA brings games to.

#74 1 year ago

Usually the classic games. I rarely play a long game and think, let’s do that again immediately.
I’ve got some nice classics now. TNA looks right home with them.
8640471A-A45F-4D08-BD6A-AAD75DBC20D6 (resized).jpeg

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

The walking dead

For the win.
Borg. You da man.

Lyman, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Cleland, thank you for eternity.

Runner ups: ColorDmd. Mod makers.

#76 1 year ago

Going with these - can’t stop playing:

BKSoR with upper pf
EBD
Centaur
DP
IM
AFM
TWD
Maiden

Beginning to think I have a problem.

#77 1 year ago

Anything with a spinner I can really rip....

#78 1 year ago

Spider Man and BSD

#79 1 year ago

Can't believe Firepower hasn't gotten a mention. Kicked my arse every single time.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Can't believe Firepower hasn't gotten a mention

good point !

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Beatles. After a couple thousand plays (3-ball), I've gotten to Taxman multiball twice. I keep thinking "this time I can get to Hard Day's Night multiball and then finish modes for Taxman."
I think "one more play" lends itself to short ball time games. As much as I love LOTR, it does not have that "one more play" feel.

This literally came to mind...including the LOTR analogy!!

#83 1 year ago

Cosmic Gunfight is so addictive. Wish they made more of these. Great rules. Amazing game.

#84 1 year ago

Twilight zone for me. I consistently get my but kicked but keep coming back for more.

#85 1 year ago
Quoted from Andy_B:

Can't believe Firepower hasn't gotten a mention. Kicked my arse every single time.

+1

Easy to learn ruleset, but some wicked short ball times can be had.

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I have the hardest time turning off my Mata Hari. I’ll have my finger on the power switch and look at the lit back glass and think “ahhh F it, I’ll play one more...”

I was like this with The Hobbit for the first few months.

Now it's the late 70's early 80's games, Genie and Lost World. Lost World because it's just so beautiful to play and look at Genie because it's only 1 ball in 4 that let's you feel like you are winning.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Mercury:

Which pins have you pressing that start button over and over again?

Huh?
I feel this way about all of my pins.
If you have a pin that you DON'T feel this way about -- you need to sell it and move on.
-mof

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Now it's the late 70's early 80's games, Genie and Lost World. Lost World because it's just so beautiful to play and look at Genie because it's only 1 ball in 4 that let's you feel like you are winning.

Just wait until you play paragon!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's on the list but Sorcerer is on the top of the list. Just can't get over the art of this era and the other two machines (as well as Paragon and Swords of Fury) are there just to compliment the right Sorcerer when i find it.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

Cosmic Gunfight is so addictive. Wish they made more of these. Great rules. Amazing game.

If by great rules you mean shoot the right orbit over and over. that being said, I still want one!

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quoted from Daditude:

Quoted from punkin:

It's on the list but Sorcerer is on the top of the list. Just can't get over the art of this era and the other two machines (as well as Paragon and Swords of Fury) are there just to compliment the right Sorcerer when i find it.

Paragon is the best of both worlds. I used to own a lost world full restoration. It was gorgeous, but gameplay was still lacking. Genie is an awesome wide body that challenges you. Paragon is better looking and more challenging. I think it might the most underrated game out there.

#92 1 year ago

Thanks mate, keep hearing that and taking notice. I bought the Lost World off the last owner who restored it too. New BG fully restored cab and the playfield as good as he could have got it. I would take on my worst nightmare and do a swap with a new PF if they made one.

#93 1 year ago
#94 1 year ago

AFM
Fathom
Seawitch
Whitewater
BM 66
ACNC

#95 1 year ago

Avatar LE. Only got it as a bit of a filler until something else came along but I’m playing it so much more than any other. Definitely can’t stop pressing start over and over. Wh20 second.

#96 1 year ago

No mention of Wonka. Lol.

#97 1 year ago

Deadpool
White Water
AC/DC

#98 1 year ago

Alien Star

#99 1 year ago

It hasn't been the same game all the time, but this past week it was Fish Tales.

#100 1 year ago

I played Whirlwind for 6 months straight when I first bought it, rarely if ever played anything else. Ass kicker!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 25.00
Magazines/books
Just Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
Warren, PA
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside