(Topic ID: 214970)

Pins that have been produced with themes too late.

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jackd104
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-2 (resized).jpg
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from RoyGBev:

6M$M came out just after the TV show had been canceled. I was a big fan of both the show and pinball, and when I saw the pin I thought "Why'd they make this? That show is gone."

I remember that too. First season was the best.

Don't know what happened, but when season 2 started, it seemed to have lost quite a bit of the magic. By the time they got to the Sasquatch episode, it was time to throw in the towel and call it a day.

If you go around this forum today and say things like "Why'd they make this? That show is gone.", many will get insulted and call you a troll. lol

#52 6 years ago

Wrestlemania.

In '97, '98, and '99 you were getting multiple WWF and WCW video games released a year because wrestling was so popular and culturally relevant. Now saying you watch wrestling gets the same reaction as saying you play pinball. That's still a thing?

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

This was based on the CBS remake...

The only good music Grateful Dead ever did

#54 6 years ago

Not sure what I am looking for but it hasn't been released yet. So all of the recent releases with the exception of Dialed In.
    I would like to repeat an earlier experience when growing up playing the usual Gottlieb and Williams with cute Themes, and then, Fireball came out.
    Dialed In is starting to grow on me a little, when the price gets right. Haven't played one but like the Originality.

#55 6 years ago

Chicago Coin's games may not have been known for their gameplay, however by releasing Mustang in 1964 with what almost looks like the prototype of that car on it, they certainly struck while the coals were hot.

Gottlieb on the other hand, with games like Far Out, and other hippy references and psychedelic artwork released in the mid 70s well after the summer of love and Woodstock long over were certainly an early blueprint of releasing a game long after the fire had gone out.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was very young at the time, but it seems there were plenty of beavers that were eager in the mid 60s.

Agreed. To me, Eager Beaver is a timeless theme.
    I'd be up for a Eager Beaver pinball machine coming out in 2019, especially if it had some good looking ladies in the artwork.
    But it would need to have good gameplay too. I don't want to feel like I'm chopping wood for 40 minutes while playing a game on it.

I was just messing with you earlier o-din, since I recall that you have one (or had one).

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember that too. First season was the best.
    Don't know what happened, but when season 2 started, it seemed to have lost quite a bit of the magic. By the time they got to the Sasquatch episode, it was time to throw in the towel and call it a day.

Uh...I had the Bigfoot toy as a kid. He was so badass.

8 months later
    #58 5 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Wrestlemania.
    In '97, '98, and '99 you were getting multiple WWF and WCW video games released a year because wrestling was so popular and culturally relevant. Now saying you watch wrestling gets the same reaction as saying you play pinball. That's still a thing?

I guess this one is probably too late as well....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1979-custom-rethemed-wwf-wrestling-superstars-pinball-machine#post-4771711

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not quite as late as this one. But I do give it credit for inspiring a lot of the band pins of today.

[quoted image]

Funny game. 4 mya no humans (or even Neanderthals) and dinos were long gone. Not to mention they never lived at same time. Nerd rant over.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-that-have-been-produced-with-themes-way-too-late/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.