5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tacshose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1219_front_org.jpg
    image-873.jpg

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

Always trying to get my wife more into playing. She seems to like WCS94, which I have.

What pins do your wives seem to gravitate to? I was thinking of trading for a Black Rose or Flintstones. They seem wife-friendly.

#2 5 years ago

Creature ft Black Lagoon

Scared Stiff

#3 5 years ago

My wife loves TAF.

#4 5 years ago
    #5 5 years ago

Roadshow

#6 5 years ago

My wife loves Jackbot and wont let it leave. She also really likes breakshot and keeps on me to get her one next.

#7 5 years ago

My Girlfriend loved Tee'd Off and NGG, she don't like golf so I thing the gothers done it for her....

#8 5 years ago

i dated a xenon for a while but she would have made a crap wife .. worse still imagine being married to medusa?.

#9 5 years ago

My wife can't stop playing my Avengers. She love the theme. My advice is find a theme she is in to and find a pin along those lines.

#10 5 years ago

Out of my collection she hates AC/DC and BOP. The rest she likes but depending on the day you ask her she may change her mind on which is her favorite but it's normally Avengers or ST.

#11 5 years ago
    #12 5 years ago

I asked my wife.....she said she can't narrow it down. Too many to choose from. (Actually I don't even think she could name one title).

#13 5 years ago

My girlfriend's favorite game and the only reason I bought it back is Johnny Mnemonic oddly enough

#14 5 years ago

POTC, that is the one she still bitches at me for getting rid of.

#15 5 years ago

My wife bought me a Sexy Girl, we play with her together in our living room.

#16 5 years ago

Mine chose Whitewater when I asked which she'd like me to buy and she had a lot of fun looking through pictures and reviews to choose it. She also was interested in NGG but never found one when I was looking for her. WH2O is the only one she plays.

#17 5 years ago

My wife played my NGG alot, ever since I got rid of it she doesnt really play anymore

#18 5 years ago

Of machines, I've had, I think Theatre of Magic and Monster Bash are the most appealing to beginners. These are games that you can get a lot of stuff going on without knowing much about the game. The Addams Family is up there, too.

Creature from the Black Lagoon is probably my favorite game, but I think it's difficult for beginners to take advantage of without knowing the rules. If you play a two player game with a beginner and you play a good game, it'd be pretty easy for them to get discouraged because your score is so much higher than theirs.

Twilight Zone is a more extreme version of CFTBL. I think it's difficult for beginners unless they know the ins and outs of the playfield layout. I just think it's a bit overwhelming.

Finally, my other all-time favorite game is El Dorado. It's just so easy figure out what's going on, so easy to track your progress, and so satisfying when you can drop all of the targets.

#19 5 years ago

My wife loves to play CV and also Congo. She won't play Tron or BSD because they are too difficult.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

My wife bought me a Sexy Girl, we play with her together in our living room.

My wife enjoys a round with Big Dick at night after we walk the dogs.

#21 5 years ago

In a pay setting, she likes: Woz (because of theme, but is pretty bad at it), FishTales, Hurricane. Does not like: Big Guns, Popeye, WhoDunnit, Funhouse (Rudy creeps her out big time).

In a free-play home setting, she likes Taxi (rules are simple/easy to remember), F-14 (a lot more than I thought she would), Police Force, Whirlwind.

#22 5 years ago

My wife is hooked on TAF too - it was the 5th machine I picked up. The perfect pin to lure newbies in!

#23 5 years ago

My wife's favorite game was TAF, until we bought Creature.

#24 5 years ago

NBA Fastbreak. Even if they don't like basketball, the rules and scoring is simple to understand. It is the one machine my girlfriend still regrets me selling.

#25 5 years ago

These are all ones my ex's or current gf like(d)
    Waterworld
    Elvis
    Metallica
    ac/dc/
    rolling stones
    Checkpoint

#26 5 years ago

#27 5 years ago

Of all the games I currently own or have in the past these were popular with the wife and her girlfriends:

TOM, TOTAN, TAF, WCS94, Flintstones and MM

#28 5 years ago

My wife absolutely loves TFLE and her WOF.

Edit: She's also really starting to love RFM.

#29 5 years ago

Roadshow and Taf, she played the Bop for the first time some days ago and to my surprise she liked it!

#30 5 years ago

I've owned seventeen pins. The only one of the bunch my wife has liked is TOTAN.

#31 5 years ago

My girlfriend likes No Good Gofers...

#32 5 years ago

Women seem to gravitate to the wide pins.

#33 5 years ago

Not one person yet mentions WOZ???

#34 5 years ago

I bought my wife a cv because she wanted one of those ,got tired right away of it and now her favorite one is nba fastbreak she won't let me get rid of it .....she also enjoyed shrek

#35 5 years ago

Her favorite is Bad Cats but she's now liking Doctor Who more, she likes TSPP, and if I had the money she'd love a LOTR and/or WOZ.

#37 5 years ago

I didn't mention WOZ because I was going by games that we own.

As far as games that she loved at the arcade that's she's played, she liked WOZ, but loved STLE and POTC.

#38 5 years ago

My wife's favorite game is WOZ, followed by XMENLE and LOTR.

#39 5 years ago

TAF and taxi are my wife's favorite games.

#40 5 years ago

The Pins that are good for my wife are those which are gone...

#41 5 years ago

TAF and AC/DC perm are my wife's two favs out of our collection...

I think MB would be a huge hit...

#44 5 years ago

Have never found one. lol
    But I would guess that WOZ would be the only one that might work. She is from Kansas and loves the movie.

#45 5 years ago

If its not a $8k title she doesn't like it. fml...

#46 5 years ago

My wife likes LOTR. She can just flail away and she usually can get a multiball. Also, Jurassic park as you are guaranteed a multiball on ball 3 if you use the Smart Missle button.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Always trying to get my wife more into playing. She seems to like WCS94, which I have.
    What pins do your wives seem to gravitate to? I was thinking of trading for a Black Rose or Flintstones. They seem wife-friendly.

Had a gf that loved playing Fire. Don't own it but that's all she'd play at the local pinhole.

#48 5 years ago

Observation from shows:
    CFTBL
    TOTAN
    South Park

Observations from house parties:
    FGY
    MM
    CV

#49 5 years ago

Mustang pro arrived and my wife took to it. I think the simplicity of the playfield appeals to her. I am going to change the songs to some that we listen to and I think that this machine will be a homerun for her.

#50 5 years ago

Wives, not wifes.

From past parties I've had, the ladies tend to play TAF, MM, AFM, ToM and Funhouse the most. My fiance and her daughters all go to MM every time we are playing games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.95
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 65.00
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 109.99
    There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside