You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-5.jpeg
33.jpg
68941_10151541581829244_732484979_n.jpg
Metallica-MOP_webready.jpg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

Stated like a gentleman

Trust me, Doc, I have had more than my share of moments!

Dan

#102 10 years ago

Just got back from a friends house who has MM. My whole family went with and my mostly non pin playing wife LOVED MM. She laughed, she jumped when the trolls popped out, and then laughed again when they insulted her. She wants one. Somehow even when it's pins, women know how to instinctively pick the most expensive thing.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Doc:
Don't take it personally. "Flavor of the whatever-time-period" just really doesn't apply to MM or games of that ilk. It has always been highly sought after.
But it does apply to say IronMan which had sat in oblivion for years and for the past half year has become in demand. Or you'll see games like Creech or Johnny Mneumonic or BSD suddenly get pushed to the forefront.
Everyone takes a little heat when they are new. Rob is a good guy.
Dan

Thanks Dan. Honestly I probably didn't deserve your kind defense of me here as I'm sure I could have phrased it differently than I did.

It's just that to me, it really wasn't even a statement of opinion, because there are facts to prove that MM isn't flavor of the day/month/year etc. It is a very well known fact that it has been a top rated and highly sought pin for many years, so to state it was flavor of the day seemed a little over the top to say the least.

Quoted from Doc:

Stated like a gentleman...yea, maybe I did judge him a bit hard...
Doc

No, I didn't need to state it the way I did, so your response was warranted. I didn't take it personal at all, and you didn't even call me names, so it's all good.

#104 10 years ago

AFM, ACDC, WH2O, IJ, SM

MM is a top ten game though.

#105 10 years ago

The only table that comes close, imho, is TOTAN. MM by a nose.

#106 10 years ago

I could play AC/DC all day, every day...can't say the same about MM. From the reviews I've been reading about Metallica, I have a feeling when I finally get to play it...I'll be able to play it all day, every day too!

#107 10 years ago

After getting back into pinball for a year or so, I can type something I'd never have thought possible 10 years ago: LOTS of games are at least as fun as Medieval Madness. And for the games that are close to it, the 2.8% more fun it is does not warrant the 1000% bump in price. At this point, even if someone gifted me a $25k budget for a game room (I double dare anyone to put this to the test!), it wouldn't make it in the door.

It's awesome, really, really great, but it's not in a class by itself in anything other than price and call outs.

#108 10 years ago

I'd take WH20 or TZ over an MM. Well, no...I'd take the MM...then sell it and buy a WH20 and a TZ

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

She wants one.

^^^^^^^^ that means something, i'm not sure what.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I could play AC/DC all day, every day...can't say the same about MM.

I own both and I agree with this. Even though that is the case, I'm still not sure that I don't like MM better overall though. But clearly the fact that AC/DC has a better replayability factor is a big argument in its favor.

#111 10 years ago

What's all the commotion?

I stopped reading the thread at "flavor of the day"?

You want to call WOZ or MET flavor-of-the-MONTH? Ok
You MIGHT even get away with calling ACDC flavor-of-the-YEAR,

But MM? Or any game that's stood the test of time (15+ years) like TZ, AFM, MB, TAF, etc?

It just comes off as a troll comment...

1 month later
#112 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I could play AC/DC all day, every day...can't say the same about MM. From the reviews I've been reading about Metallica, I have a feeling when I finally get to play it...I'll be able to play it all day, every day too!

Update: Now that I have a Metallica LE, I can say, "Yes...I can play it all day, everyday". I think I like it even better than AC/DC...maybe the new hasn't worn off yet...I let you guys know in a couple of weeks from now!

#113 10 years ago

Not to put down MM, but the more I play it, the more I'm starting to think that Metallica LE may be the best pin ever. It's fast and furious, and the music fits perfectly with the different modes, even though the code is still in it's infancy. If the mechanics can hold up, we may have a modern day classic. It fits my style of play. Like others have said, time will tell.

I will add though, at less than half the price of a restored MM, it is way better. IMO

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not to put down MM, but the more I play it, the more I'm starting to think that Metallica LE may be the best pin ever. It's fast and furious, and the music fits perfectly with the different modes, even though the code is still in it's infancy. If the mechanics can hold up, we may have a modern day classic. It fits my style of play. Like others have said, time will tell.
I will add though, at less than half the price of a restored MM, it is way better. IMO

Well, it's currently ranked number 1 all time here at Pinside, just above MM!

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ya wanna come play mine?

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That might be a little high...but...

I don't even LIKE Metallica (band)..... I had every expectation of disliking the pin...

And I LOVED it.

I suspect MET will fall from grace a bit....but, the more I think of it-

If ACDC had MET artwork, Id say it'd have top5 all-time potential...

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ya wanna buy mine?

Sure!

#118 10 years ago

Obviously Metallica LE is better, at least this week.

#119 10 years ago

Old game and its getting older by the minute. The times they are a changing...

#120 10 years ago

MM is a great game but I think a few are a little better WH2O,TZ,and IJ. As a side note every time a discussion like this comes up some some people bash TZ. They fall into one or more of these categories 1- Can't afford it 2- It's too hard for them 3- They want one of their recent purchases to be rated higher on pinside. When you are on top there are always people that are jealous.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

o-din said:
Ya wanna buy mine?

Sure!

I see what you did there.

#122 10 years ago

TZ is not even that expensive ??
I have literally forced myself to play it for hours and its like pulling teeth.

#123 10 years ago

I do not enjoy a lot of games that are rated high but I don't feel I need to post it .

#124 10 years ago

AFM over MM and I have both. TAF gets the most love in my collection. Not sure why. Maybe because it's a charming game.

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

As a side note every time a discussion like this comes up some some people bash TZ. They fall into one or more of these categories 1- Can't afford it 2- It's too hard for them 3- They want one of their recent purchases to be rated higher on pinside. When you are on top there are always people that are jealous.

You forgot 4- People who actually think that there are pins better than TZ!

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

there are pins better than TZ!

5- And more fun, too.

#128 10 years ago

Channeling my inner HouseofPin......"Funny reading how jealous people get of pins THEY cant afford that are highly ranked and stoop to badmouthing on them in a PUBIC forum, I read financial reports DAILY and they say you are dead wrong."

#129 10 years ago

Another thread about thoughts on favorite pins that when TZ is mentioned the same 4-5 people have to tell us how they do not like it. It happens like clockwork.

#130 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

But MM? Or any game that's stood the test of time (15+ years) like TZ, AFM, MB, TAF, etc

You make a excellent point. Maybe I am just burned out on these pinball machines cause I have played /owned them for so many years. As of today my favorite pinball is with out a doubt The Avengers L.E. The music is so cool along with the wild and trippy game play. Love it.

#131 10 years ago

Pretty much any Chicago Coin EM !

#132 10 years ago

afm, totan, cv, tz,, all good games, and right to be up there with mm. bsd good game for its price.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Another thread about thoughts on favorite pins that when TZ is mentioned the same 4-5 people have to tell us how they do not like it.

Different strokes for different folks. If only four people dislike a particular machine, then everybody else must be the royal majority, but all opinions should be heard. Having some naysayers helps keep the price of your prized machine affordable for all the others that can't live without it.

#134 10 years ago

I've had more fun with AFM over the years. The sound and art package are great and the classic fan layout is a blast to play. MM shares this description so I'd say it's a close tie for 1st in my eyes. Why didn't I buy that MM for $4k in 2002? Arghhhh.

#135 10 years ago

CV, CV, CV....

#136 10 years ago

Sorry Wolfy,
I have a history with TZ so I do spend too much time telling people I don't like it.
Brought back in to the hobby by my friends who were having me buy one as it was the must have. Several of them insisted it was the game. I kept playing my friends and thinking oh boy. Pinball is not really for me. Luckily I found a HS instead and the ball started rolling. TZ literally almost made me not get in to pinball again. The truth though is that for the one "me " that hates it there are 6 guys that love it.
I always comment so the one guy reading knows its not just him.

Back to MM of course it's a great game . But too expensive vs getting dated.

#137 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Luckily I found a HS instead and the ball started rolling. TZ literally almost made me not get in to pinball again.

Same thing happened to me, way back in '93.

#138 10 years ago

It's all in the eyes of the owner/player. I've been buying games and "storing" them at my daughter and son in law's place. He currently has an AFM and doesn't care for it. He's played my MM numerous times and doesn't care for it. His current love is Dirty Harry.

The best part is, he has no clue what any of these pins are worth and what's an A title and what's an F title. He simply likes what he likes.

#139 10 years ago

HEP or Keller MM

#140 10 years ago

The playfield was actually done by Chris. It was the first one he ever did for me years ago. The rest of the restore was done by some fly by night character.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The playfield was actually done by Chris. It was the first one he ever did for me years ago. The rest of the restore was done by some fly by night character.

McCune?

#142 10 years ago

Close, Rob. The guy that did mine is more of a stud.

#143 10 years ago

WAY better looking than McCune too!!

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Close, Rob. The guy that did mine is more of a stud.

#144 10 years ago

Metallica! Any one of them.

#145 10 years ago

I've seen MM's at shows, and they get played non stop.

To each his own.

a better question might be,
"if you can have one, and only one pin, (regardless of price, or resale), what game would you own?"

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

"if you can have one, and only one pin,

Thats just too painful to imagine.

#147 10 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

I've seen MM's at shows, and they get played non stop.
To each his own.
a better question might be,
"if you can have one, and only one pin, (regardless of price, or resale), what game would you own?"

Devils Dare

#148 10 years ago

Raven
Water world
Game show
Popeye
X files

#149 10 years ago

Metallica for sure...maybe even AC/DC!

#150 10 years ago

I don't really think MM is all that good...Metallica is the pin to have!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-that-are-actually-better-than-mm/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.