You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th-5.jpeg
33.jpg
68941_10151541581829244_732484979_n.jpg
Metallica-MOP_webready.jpg
There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 10 years ago

That JM trade + $ thread inspired me to come up with this thread..which pins do you think are better than the flavor-of-the-day MM ? I can speak through experience since I've owned 3 MM's back in the day. NEVER regretted selling them as they 'didn't do it for me'. Believe it or not, the deal-breaker on MM for me was the background music. It was just too overdone, IMO.
Anyway, I'll chime in and start with BSD. It's a "C-lister" price wise but what a game! Has much longer appeal than MM. Deep rule set and on a good day you might break a billion.
There are (many) others that trump MM , but let's hear from you guys.
Doc

#2 10 years ago

I have an addiction to Champion Pub. For a shallow game it holds my attention. I never get tired of playing it. I am not saying it is better than MM, but if they sold for the same price in the same condition, I would have picked CP over MM. That trade was interesting to see. Imagine trading a machine for a machine regardless of what they sell for? I seriously doubt that would ever happen, but it would be interesting if someone did.

#3 10 years ago

None. See top 100 ratings. MM is at #1. There can be no better game than #1.

LOL, I kid, I kid.

#4 10 years ago

Big Hurt.

#5 10 years ago

Captain obvious speaks : "Whatever game you like better than MM is a better game than MM"

#6 10 years ago

I love MM's plain or peanut they are both great!

Anything that you have an interest in and holds your attention is better then any game that doesn't, price doesn't dictate greatness.

#7 10 years ago

Personally, I enjoy The Getaway HS2 more than any other game out there (including Medieval Madness.)

Before I really 'got into' pinball, I was way more enamored with Cirqus Voltaire than Medieval Madness.

Also, at this point, I'd rather play Attack From Mars than MM (though my guess is MM's slightly more varied* gameplay holds up better long-term)

*By more varied gameplay, I simply mean that more of the shots feel 'rewarding' on MM; the only really rewarding shots on AFM are the center ship, and maybe the Martians while they're jigglin'.

#8 10 years ago
#10 10 years ago

Taxi, Shadow, Fish Tales.

#11 10 years ago

WCS 94,WH20,SM,CC.

#12 10 years ago

Raven

#13 10 years ago
#14 10 years ago

There are a lot of games I like better, but that doesn't mean MM isn't a better game.....

#15 10 years ago

You'd make a great lawyer, tamoore.

#16 10 years ago

Better is in the eye of the beholder!

#17 10 years ago

AC/DC BIBLE

#18 10 years ago

maybe ASTRO SHOOTER

#19 10 years ago

I get the whole beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. but fishtales?? Sorry, no way... I like fishtales..its a fun game... but it's not even in the ballpark. I dont even feel that is my opinion..but fact. AFM=MM light, so definitely MM is the better game... the castle is way more fun than that saucer.

here's my list of "better games"

CCC and TZ. I'm sure there are others, but that's all I can think of for now.

#20 10 years ago

Raven is miles better than MM !

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Raven is miles better than MM !

Only with regards to the art package. Gameplay is a wash.

#22 10 years ago

Hollywood Heat .

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Captain obvious speaks : "Whatever game you like better than MM is a better game than MM"

This is totally correct. There are numerous games I think are better playing games than MM. Tron, Iron Man, LOTRs, AC/DC just to name a few. MM is a cool game though; I'd really like having one in my collection one day, especially one of those gorgeous HEP versions . . . they are stunning.

#24 10 years ago

Are all these MM threads some weird attempt to convince people it's not as good as it is so that price comes down? Because if so......I'm all for it!!! Sell that MM now! Better yet, trade me for my B list WCS 94! What a deal! WCS is on the rise! 3K by X-mas!
Seems like everyday there is a thread about is MM worth it/what's better than MM/etc... Whether it's your favorite or not, it's still fun.

#25 10 years ago

Scared Stiff, of course!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

which pins do you think are better than the flavor-of-the-day MM ?

That might be the dumbest thing I've read on Pinside. Ever.

#27 10 years ago

Yeah MM is the worst. It's so bad someone should sell it to me dirt cheap so I could just hate playing it. Sell me it!!! hahha

#28 10 years ago

I love to champion weird off-the-beaten-path games and all too, but MM is popular (and expensive) for a reason. It's a super awesome game in pretty much every way.

#29 10 years ago

would ACDC Premium do it also, or does if have to be the LE for ya

#30 10 years ago

Tricky question but I will agree on what kidpinbsllwizard said
LOTR

#31 10 years ago

Highly rated games are overrated

#32 10 years ago

2 MMs.

So I don't have to share with my husband.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

BSD. It's a "C-lister" price wise but what a game! Has much longer appeal than MM. Deep rule set

Deep rule set? BSD? Huh??? That game is in the bottom 10% of dmd games as far as ruleset depth goes. MM is miles deeper. For me, MM is "just right".

I own both games and can't imagine getting rid of either. That being said, the "average" game on MM for me is way more fun. An awesome game on either machine is about the same, thrill-wise.

#34 10 years ago

50% of the pins that I own are equally as much fun!

#35 10 years ago

While MM is a status symbol to own, it is a very good game with a top notch theme.

....and I like Jackbot and IJ better

#36 10 years ago

Personally I've always preferred Twilight Zone to Medieval Madness.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

would ACDC Premium do it also, or does if have to be the LE for ya

Premium works too!

#38 10 years ago

Reeces pieces are better than MM's. oh did i read this wrong?

#39 10 years ago

AC/DC for my opinion have more to do on gameplay + lot of strategy

#40 10 years ago

Yeah, the music gets repetitive for me, too. I like it otherwise, though. For me, JY is my favorite. That one, for some reason, never gets boring to me. It also goes for like 1/6th of the price of MM.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

which pins do you think are better than the flavor-of-the-day MM ?

I couldn't get any further than this. Flavor of the day? So if a pin is immensely popular from the moment it hits the streets, and not only sustains that, but grows in popularity over the next 15 years, to the point of being a modern legend... That is your definition of 'flavor-of-the-day?

Silly talk. Thread is null n void.

#42 10 years ago

Lol I missed Robs post. You beat me to it

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Deep rule set? BSD? Huh??? That game is in the bottom 10% of dmd games as far as ruleset depth goes. MM is miles deeper. For me, MM is "just right".
I own both games and can't imagine getting rid of either. That being said, the "average" game on MM for me is way more fun. An awesome game on either machine is about the same, thrill-wise.

"I'm not so sure I agree 100% with your policework there Lou.."

Neither is deep IMO. BSD's point is a one trick pony, like my favorite game CFTBL, and will ultimately be an addition to WizzoWorld. MM is not deep, just a great game with lots to do, but it offers little interaction of features or stacking of MBs unlike AFM.

MM is a great game but it just depends on your preference, which, like mine, has changed over the years. I let it go and kept AFM.

Dan

Dan

#44 10 years ago

All of them

#45 10 years ago

Met LE. Once Lyman unleashes the rules.

Metallica-MOP_webready.jpgMetallica-MOP_webready.jpg 68941_10151541581829244_732484979_n.jpg68941_10151541581829244_732484979_n.jpg 33.jpg33.jpg

#48 10 years ago

SM,TZ,LOTR,STTNG and I actually rated TFLE higher too,I love that game

#49 10 years ago

CCC is better than MM. I have both.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from Doc:

..which pins do you think are better than the flavor-of-the-day MM ?

Flavor of the day?

Here's some historical perspective on popularity/pricing:

http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_medieval_madness_prices.html

Best B/W title IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-that-are-actually-better-than-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.