(Topic ID: 192069)

Pins on Wheels.......................

By OLDPINGUY

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ModifiedPinSkate (resized).JPG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Ive been meaning to post this for a while....

I picked up a set of 4, heavy duty locking casters from Home Depot for $20 for all 4.

The games are in a garage, by the beach, with a dehumidifier running 24/7.

So far, no issues, 1 year later. No bugs, moisture, even the samples of metal I leave out to test for Salt water and rust were
    fine.

But because of the garage and my needs, I need to move them frequently on the cement floor.
    Sliders dont work, dragging is bad for them, and I dont have a lift at this location.

I did this 20 plus years ago, and I think I shared here once before verbally, but generally it seems this is a No-No.

The games sit a few inches higher, and even when when locked have a little movement.

Just takes a little getting used to, but Im pleased, and I can service the games, and the garage with ease....

Going to do the rest of the games in the garage....cant do the chexx hockey, but happy with the results.

Thought Id share....maybe it might help others.....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

I,ve been thinking about doing this to my pins as well!!I saw the ones with a 3 caster group! I thought it might be more stable,and of course, mobile ! Thanks for sharing!!

#3 6 years ago

I do that with videos but not pins. I may need to try one. My machines are on carpet and it's almost impossible to nudge.

#4 6 years ago

I cant imagine anyone not trying this, if they think it would help....$20....of course refundable if not happy....

#5 6 years ago

When I bought my Lost World Jurassic Park this is exactly what the game had on it. I will tell you it was the easiest game ever to get into my car! It did make the game a lot higher which I didn't care for while playing, it felt weird to me.

#6 6 years ago

It is weird to get use to, and if they are next to a game without them, even stranger.

It would be nice if they were shorter legs, a round ball caster, and a way to lock them.

so for now....

#7 6 years ago

For guys wanting to move games around on a cement floor mod your 3 wheel dollies like this, your game will never slide off them. Not good for playing though. They are great for arcade games too AND you can still play the game. I have them on my arcades in the garage.

ModifiedPinSkate (resized).JPGModifiedPinSkate (resized).JPG

#8 6 years ago

Do those just screw in?
    Can you level and pitch adjust?
    After moving around and putting back do they stay set up?

Yeah that other picture with the three wheel dollies is a good idea the cups as the legs so very easily come off when moving. I am sure that would help. I think I have two on the back legs of one machine. I left as I was working on it. You can still play at normal close to regular height and only lift up on front to quickly move.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Do those just screw in?
    Can you level and pitch adjust?
    After moving around and putting back do they stay set up?
    Yeah that other picture with the three wheel dollies is a good idea the cups as the legs so very easily come off when moving. I am sure that would help. I think I have two on the back legs of one machine. I left as I was working on it. You can still play at normal close to regular height and only lift up on front to quickly move.

Im not sure if your questions are for Paul or me....

Yes, they are threaded...no idea what you mean, "stay up".

Being threaded, yes you can adjust level and pitch..?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im not sure if your questions are for Paul or me....
    Yes, they are threaded...no idea what you mean, "stay up".
    Being threaded, yes you can adjust level and pitch..?

One was for you and one for me.

#11 6 years ago

It would be cool if someone modified the length of the legs to be standard height with the wheel and would lock in place. I think there would be a market for something like this. Oldpinguy gets a royalty though!

#12 6 years ago

When I saw this thread, I thought it was gonna be more like this:

rd

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When I saw this thread, I thought it was gonna be more like this:
    rd
    » YouTube video

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-on-wheels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.