Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Was so excited when I saw the pinside map and it said there was a data east Star Wars on location in the game room at hotel. I haven't missed a season here since 1988 and they haven't had a pin in awhile. Growing up they had a T2 and an Addams Family and a spent a shit ton of quarters in there as a kid.

So I go to game room and boom no Star Wars but there is the getaway! I approach in excitement and there it is... The dreadful out of order sign. Wtf.... determined to give it a shot I pump in two quarters and it starts. DMD is shot but at least I can play! ... Or not. Ball won't launch! Shit. Still determined I lift up front end and let gravity do it's job and carefully but it down without setting off the tilt. Game plays perfect! But that got old after 50 more cents... Arghhh.... Frustrated I leave a couple of in quarters in a cup so some lucky kid can play some games for free. They have some cool new arcades but about a third of stuff is out if order.

Fast forwarded 5 hours later.. Bored so I figure I'll play the getaway one more time. Front desk says some usually comes in Mondays but figure I'll check if a miracle happen and someone came in to fix some games. No that didn't happen but it Sunday so no surprise. What happened next shocked me. My bucket of quarters I left... Still sitting there untouched!!!! Man... When I was a kid and I exhausted my daily quarter allowance I would check every coin return and under every game for that lucky lost quarter..

Well I'm hoping the operator shows up and fixes the getaway so at least the ball will shoot! I left him a note on the out of order sign promising a million quarters if he at least could fix the ball launcher so I could play.

Ahh! Good night everybody...

#2 10 years ago

That's some dedication to lift the game to play a ball! Hope they get it squared away soon enough and you can spend some time having fun without as much of a workout

#3 10 years ago

Welcome to Utah. Wonder who runs the games up at Snowbird... Mountain Coin, maybe?

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the welcome!

Update. It was fixed!!! I can launch a ball. Dmd has issues but no worries. Also if anyone knows the operator up here they left the keys in machine on the back glass lock. I locked it up and turned keys into front desk so no one would mess with your machine... dan

#5 10 years ago

I to played that game at snowbird in the iron blossom lodge over thanksgiving week. It was somewhat working but DMD was shot then and I didn't have to lift game. I guess I should consider myself lucky. In general game was beat up.
My family and I have been owners at iron blossom since 1994 ....killer skiing.

#6 10 years ago

Nice! but everyone knows alta is for skiers

#7 10 years ago

Should have just come to my pad. Iron Man, Tron, and Star Trek Premium await....I think they all work...hmmmmmm

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, man. Tons of us Utah pinheads would open our doors for visitors, though you'd have to leave the mountain for a few hours.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the hospitality guys. I always take a shuttle from the airport so kind of car less. Haven't missed a week in snowbird since 1987 so maybe next year... Dan

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Nice! but everyone knows alta is for skiers

You are correct Alta is for skiers . My daughter is now nine been skiing 6 years and has not made one turn at snowbird. We love alta and the snow is way better early season.

1 year later
#11 8 years ago

Ahhhhh!!! Sad day... Every arcade and pinball is gone from the resort!!! A whole game room gone from the Iron Blossom... Sad day for me... Spent so much time growing up pumping quarters into pins and arcades here. Arghhhhhhhh....

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

Ahhhhh!!! Sad day... Every arcade and pinball is gone from the resort!!! A whole game room gone from the Iron Blossom... Sad day for me... Spent so much time growing up pumping quarters into pins and arcades here. Arghhhhhhhh....

So sad! Supposed to be in Snowbird for a conference in April. May be I should cancel...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-on-location-snowbird-utah-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.