Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Crash
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

So, around my area there isn't many places to play on location. But, there are a couple of movie theaters that have some pins. I had one really close to me that had a Metallica PRO in it! I was beyond stoked since it was still really new and Metallica is my dream machine. Then, one day out of the blue I go in to play a few games and now its an AC/DC machine. WTF?!?! I pumped that Metallica machine full of money regularly. Oh well. My question really is where do the previous machines go?? I would love to know so I can either go there to play or maybe one day be lucky enough to purchase one thats been on location for cheaper. Thanks.

#2 8 years ago

I'm not sure about your location in question, but one thing some places do is rotate machines. Since the machine has to be down for a while to shop out, they put another fresh machine in it's place while it's being worked on. It's possible they sold and swapped for the AC/DC, but it's also possible it's a rotation. Easiest thing is to ask someone there and if they don't know work your way up the food chain to the managers/owners and find out.

#3 8 years ago

Yea, no one there seemed to know anything. Thanks man. I guess I need to figure out who is putting them out on location.

#4 8 years ago

Oh, I see. Probably an operator doing a route. You should be able to find a sticker on the machine somewhere. The "call for service" bit, they usually have names on them as well. Not always in conspicuous locations, though.

#5 8 years ago

I am a operator with three locations and roatae the machines from the three locations or at my house as well. I would call the number on the machine, I am sure they would be happy to know you care.

#6 8 years ago

Appreciate the feedback. Have a great holiday weekend.

#7 8 years ago

I usually shoot the Op a txt if I get a ball stuck and have always gotten a thanks for the heads up reply.
I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to shoot the breeze a little bit and maybe strike up a deal on one of their games.

#8 8 years ago

Ask the operator about their other locations. That will help you track down your favorite games and give you access to more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-on-location-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.