7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

feltpads.jpg
    Oak_pinfooties.jpg
    Rubber_feet.jpg
    Pinpanties.sized.jpg

#1 7 years ago

About to move into my new place....I redid the entire 1st floor where my pins will be with 5/16" tigerwood exotic hardwood. The wood is pretty hard with a Janka rating of 1850, but not as thick as 3/4" oak....so I'm concerned about leaving impressions/scratches in the wood.

What are you using? I thought about carpet squares, pin-movers, tile squares, et al....Would like something that protects the floor, but still allows for requisite 'nudging'.

#2 7 years ago

Thats what i used to use

#3 7 years ago

Pinfooties. Google it

#4 7 years ago

i'm using the round furniture sliders on the laminate floor in my game room. They haven't scratched that so you might have luck. the good part is that its really easy to slide the pin around, makes it really easy to save the SDTM shots. The bad part is that you constantly have to re position the pin as it tends to work its way back into the wall/trim.

I have seen guys use that thin commercial grade carpet rolled out like a rug. But after a while it tends to get a little worse for wear around the edges. You could probably find a nice area rug with the same type of weave/texture with a finished edge.

#5 7 years ago

Pinfooties. Google it

i googled pinfooties and found this!

Pinpanties.sized.jpg

#6 7 years ago

Haha that's awesome!!

#7 7 years ago

These are also available. About $6,- for 4. Not as nice looking though but do a good job.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PL-10-4&Category_Code=NEW2&Product_Count=5396

Rubber_feet.jpg

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

These are also available. About $6,- for 4. Not as nice looking though but do a good job.

those are what I use and mention above. you can also get them at home depot or lowes.

#9 7 years ago

I just cut small carpet squares about 3"x3" and put them under the feet. I do this on my carpeted floors to keep from making dents in the carpet forever.

#10 7 years ago

These are more expensive, about $20,- for 4, but may look better.
    I was just wondering if they have felt under them. Otherwise they might still scratch the floor.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AC-PF-OAK

Oak_pinfooties.jpg

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

those are what I use and mention above. you can also get them at home depot or lowes.

@ssathre:
    Do you remember how much they are at Home Depot? May be able to save a bit on shipping.

#12 7 years ago

Lowes sells small area carpets for pretty cheap (about 39 as I recall). They easily cover the footprint of a pin. I would use that along with the non-skid carpet underlay (there's a word for it, oh yeah, cheese cloth).

#13 7 years ago

I wonder if coasters would work just as well, I have tons of craft beers and coasters lying around.

#14 7 years ago

You could get any of those coaster things above and buy some sticky-back felt to apply to them.
    Sticky-back felt is also great for objects that are to be placed on wood furniture. You just cut a piece to the size you need, then peel the layer of plastic from the adhesive and apply the felt.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

@ssathre:
    Do you remember how much they are at Home Depot? May be able to save a bit on shipping.

Don't remember the exact price. But i'm sure they were in the 5 to 10 dollar range and that's probably over estimating.

#16 7 years ago

I use the rubber pin footies from Pinball Life on my machines. They work perfectly and keep the machine from sliding around.

#17 7 years ago

I use the round plastic furniture coasters on laminate flooring and they work great. Very inexpensive, protect the floor well and easy to move the pin for servicing. I tried gluing felt to the bottom but found it just trapped more dirt.

Funny story, sold a pin to a collector and while packing it up he noticed the coasters. Seeing a big "W" in the center he said oh, you got those from Williams, I've never seen those before. To which I replayed no Walmart.

#18 7 years ago

I use Magic Sliders 2 3/8" concave ones from home depot, the foot fits perfectly in it. They work great look good and are pretty cheap, under $8.00 for 4. Best of all they don't scratch and the pinball can be moved easily if need be.

#19 7 years ago

Home Depot sells the rubber feet. The "technical" term, if you're trying to comparison shop or choose among many different kinds, is "Furniture Cup".

We use these in tournaments so players can't slide the games around too much. I think the 1.5" is too small. 1.75" works for us.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100172405/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

#20 7 years ago

+1

Pinball life sells the same item. I have them on all my machines.

#21 7 years ago

Got the rubber ones from Pinballlife.com and they are amazing in wood! don't worry if you tilt your pin, your wood floor will never get scratch.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

I was just wondering if they have felt under them.

They do not. Just wood all around. I have a set, but they are on carpet so it's no issue for me.

#23 7 years ago

I use The felt like sticky pads from the dollar store 4-$1 and have never had a problem with any pin marking the hardwood floor. And they have ones the exact same size as the leveler feet actually about 1/8 diameter bigger.

feltpads.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 12.75
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 19.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 229.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside