7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pkiefert
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I received the latest episode of the Pins 'n Vids series this week! Has anybody checked it out? It has a mix of serious 'news and reviews', including segments on Pinball Inc, ColorDMD, crashing Clay's EM party, TNT Amusements tour, and more with oddball 'commercials' inserted between segments. It's pretty polished and even includes a commentary track. Here's hoping the next episode comes quicker than five years from now!

It's $12 plus shipping from http://www.pinsandvids.com/

Here's the trailer:

#2 7 years ago

Don,

Thanks for sharing our DVD!

We have even more silly commercials and great segments lined up for the next DVD, which I assure you won't take five years this time.

BTW, here is a commercial I leaked on YouTube while Al was at Allentown a couple weeks ago:

The DVDs are now also available from Marco Specialties along with our website (http://www.pinsandvids.com)

Episodes 1-3 are still available directly from the Pinball Hall of Fame too. We've been told there are more than 5000 copies of the first three out in the world. Pretty amazing what hobby video can do.

Paul

#3 7 years ago

Ordered! They only charged $4,30 shipping to Europe! Nice not getting ripped off on shipping for once.

#4 7 years ago

Got my copy yesterday and watched it ASAP! I enjoyed the "ambush" of Clay's EM party and seeing some of his collection. The coolest thing to me was the custom Batman Pin2k, as I had seen pictures, but never video of it. Pretty impressive and quite a few neat features for a "homebrew" game. Highly recommended, along with all the other Pins and Vids DVD's.

#5 7 years ago

I was surprised myself to see that our distributor was only charging $4.30 to Europe. I think they charge a little more to Australia though.

We actually use a cool service that manufactures these on demand and ships them for us. Frees up our time to work on more DVDs.

The Batman Pin2k Extra is really neat. We've had that video for a long, long, time. If anyone knows where to find that guy, let us know as we'd like to get him a copy of the DVD.

#6 7 years ago

Any chance this will go the youtube rental route?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Any chance this will go the youtube rental route?

Hmm. I wasn't even aware YouTube offered this. It may be something in the future we look into. We've also thought about an iPhone app version or selling via iTunes, but for the near future (ie: the next 6 months) it's unlikely.

We try to keep the prices reasonable, and it's not just a copied disc labeled with a sharpie like our last editions. This one comes in a full printed DVD case with an insert and full color DVD printing.

All around production quality has increased considerably on this dvd too.

#8 7 years ago

Are there more people interested in an iTunes or YouTube rental type route for Pins and Vids?

Most likely it would not include the extras as I think it has to be a single video, but if there is enough interest we might look into it sooner than later.

BTW, the whole Batman Pinball 2000 extra is pretty cool on the DVD.

#9 7 years ago

GameRoomBlog posted a little review of the DVD here for anyone that's interested.

http://gameroomblog.com/features/pins-and-vids-4-a-new-hoax-reviewed

We have some great stuff for DVD 5 in the works too, and I promise it won't take 5 years before it arrives.

#10 7 years ago

Clay's surprise (as well as checking out his collection) is great, and I love Todd Tuckey too. That Batman collection is INSANE. The commentary is actually pretty fun to listen to, though the audio is inconsistent. James Loflin has a great segment, and helps with the Kordek stuff. All around a great release!

#11 7 years ago

The commentary was kinda funky. We recorded it, and for some reason Al's mic was very hot occasionally even though we checked it before we started recording.

So several times he "re-recorded" the stuff that was said when he was too hot.

That's the first time I've done a commentary track. I was afraid we'd run out of stuff to talk about, but it seemed to go OK except for the hot mic issue.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

Are there more people interested in an iTunes or YouTube rental type route for Pins and Vids?
    Most likely it would not include the extras as I think it has to be a single video, but if there is enough interest we might look into it sooner than later.

I'd be interested.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from williams:

I'd be interested.

Williams,

Do you have a preference on iTunes, an iOS App, or YouTube Rental?

Al and I are iPhone/iPad guys, but I realize many are not.

Paul
    -------------
    Pins and Vids IV DVD now shipping at http://www.pinsandvids.com

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

williams said:
    I'd be interested.
    Williams,
    Do you have a preference on iTunes, an iOS App, or YouTube Rental?
    Al and I are iPhone/iPad guys, but I realize many are not.
    Paul
    -------------
    Pins and Vids IV DVD now shipping at http://www.pinsandvids.com

No preference for me, whatever makes you the most money!

#15 7 years ago

Watching this now. Does anyone know what's up with the pinball inc web site? I can't view it.

#16 7 years ago

YouTube rentals are not cool.

Can't view em on Xbox, iPad or phone

FYI, just wanted to share that you are prolly better off buying hard copies

#17 7 years ago

If you offered your previous vids as youtube (or amazon or other) rentals for a nice price since there's no packaging or handling, I would be up for it, similar to how pinball 101 is offered now, particularly if there's an HD quality option.

3 weeks later
    #18 7 years ago

If you've been holding off to buy our new DVD "Pins and Vids 4, A New Hoax", head on over to http://www.pinsandvids.com between Friday June 29th and Wednesday July 4th (2012) for a $2 savings! For just a few days, we'll have the price down to $10 plus shipping.

We're really excited about how people are reacting to the video and hope to get more people in on the fun.

Why now? Because it's the 236th anniversary of our country! That's an important number.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside