Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BallyTim
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4FC8A612-C5F1-4F1E-9411-894112ABA7CA (resized).jpeg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Pin Line Up (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

As I work on my machines and put them where they belong, I see different heights and slopes. Is there a consensus on the slope for a fast play, but more importantly, what's the feeling in the forum on having the same height of the glass.

I was once in the Las Vegas Museum but don't remember how they did it.

Pin Line Up (resized).jpgPin Line Up (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I always put 3" levelers on mine and crank them up because I like fast play. It would be nice to have all of my machines the same height, but I'm not gonna buy the legs to make them so. It all comes down to personal preference!!

#3 4 years ago

I try to line up the fronts of them, but the rest I don't really care about. Some play better with steep slope, some with shallow. It depends on how you want your games to play - some games become very, very, evil with a shallower, 'floaty' playfield (side to side is death on those, lots of early solid state ballys fall into this category).

#4 4 years ago

Museums and larger game rooms often group similar machines (era, make, technology) so it's easier to get things squared up.

#5 4 years ago

Am I the only one who uses a measuring tape to measure the gap between each machine?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Am I the only one who uses a measuring tape to measure the gap between each machine?

Thats nothing, you need to make a jig if you want to be obsessive about it.

#7 4 years ago

It looks like your 2 middle games have very little slope. Gottlieb wedgeheads usually used longer legs than the Williams games but due to the way the cabinets and leg bolt holes were made, they should be able to be adjusted to the same height in the front.

Might need to switch some legs around until you can get them the way you want. Also keep your Williams on one end and your Gottlieb's on the other.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from edednedy:

Might need to switch some legs around until you can get them the way you want. Also keep your Williams on one end and your Gottlieb's on the other.

Mmmm hmmm. If they intermingle they might turn into Ballys.

#9 4 years ago

From a Gottlieb manual. This pitch will barely keep the ball rolling, IMO.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
    #10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gotemwill:

Me too!

#11 4 years ago

Me too. But the gap between machines allow me to work on them.

#12 4 years ago

I just pull them forward if I need to work on them. I leave just enough room to be able to slide them in and out without hitting each other. If squeezing them close together allows me to fit another game in the row, then that's what I do .

#13 4 years ago

When I bought my 7th pin, I had one in the center straight and the other 6 fanned out at a 45 degree angle, 3 per side - it looked kinda cool.

That was a million years ago.

#14 4 years ago

Leverls all the way up in back, never thought or cared aboot them lining up in front

#15 4 years ago

For me, it really depends on the pin and its play. I generally put 3” levelers on the back legs, but start them at about the max for 2” and adjust from there. I put the front levelers almost all the way down. I have Strato-Flite set the steepest, I really like that one fast. But I ended up reducing the slope on Spirit of 76 because at my original setting it was too much of a drain monster.

As for height in front, mine are almost all pretty much uniform. A big factor in that is having the correct size legs.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

For me, it really depends on the pin and its play. I generally put 3” levelers on the back legs, but start them at about the max for 2” and adjust from there. I put the front levelers almost all the way down. I have Strato-Flite set the steepest, I really like that one fast. But I ended up reducing the slope on Spirit of 76 because at my original setting it was too much of a drain monster.
    As for height in front, mine are almost all pretty much uniform. A big factor in that is having the correct size legs.

I’ve got the levelers all the way up on my Seawitch in the back and it feels like the pin is gonna fall over, it wiggles a lot. How do you guys do it so it doesn’t feel like the feet will snap?!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I’ve got the levelers all the way up on my Seawitch in the back and it feels like the pin is gonna fall over, it wiggles a lot. How do you guys do it so it doesn’t feel like the feet will snap?!

I have mine on 1x blocks so there’s still some threads inside the nut to lock it tight
    4FC8A612-C5F1-4F1E-9411-894112ABA7CA (resized).jpeg4FC8A612-C5F1-4F1E-9411-894112ABA7CA (resized).jpeg

#18 4 years ago

I don’t think I’ve ever put the 3” levelers all the way up in the back. I don’t seem to have a wiggling problem, and I don’t even use a tightening nut.

#19 4 years ago

As long as it's going thru all the threads you'll be fine. Prob be fine on only half the threads. Just have to remember that home use is doing nothing close to the
    workout it got on location for decades*

* this is what we used to say before 9/10 games where "HUO"

#20 4 years ago

My OCD would never allow it! lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-lined-up-uneven?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.