(Topic ID: 21311)

Pins in the wild - Oregon

By zippydapinhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

So just thought I'd plug one of the great spots here in the Pacific Northwest. Blairally Vintage Arcade in Eugene, Oregon just plain rocks! Hadn't been down there for a couple months and checked in with em tonight. They have re-done the place and expanded. Added a bunch of new toys to the old line up including a bowler, Medusa, Captain Fantastic, hell, everything from Wedgeheads to DMD's and oddballs in-between. Plus now serving legally! (Kinda miss the free beers in the backrooms, but what the hell) Worth the trip, but if you take the kids, they can only hang till 9, after that, no minors. (why I'm home so early)

#2 11 years ago

Pics and their facebook link
    http://www.facebook.com/blairallyarcade

IMG_0294.jpgIMG_0294.jpg IMG_0295.jpgIMG_0295.jpg IMG_0296.jpgIMG_0296.jpg

#3 11 years ago

More!

IMG_0298.jpgIMG_0298.jpg IMG_0299.jpgIMG_0299.jpg

#4 11 years ago

And more

IMG_0300.jpgIMG_0300.jpg IMG_0301.jpgIMG_0301.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Was in Seattle last weekend and checked out the "Seattle Pinball Museum" It's pinball so that's great, but kinda a small spot with just a few pins, maybe 20ish and fairly worn. Monster bash had so much wear around the pit I could see coils through it. Played OK tho, as did the Cactus canyon. Like I said, it's pinball, so stayed till close and had a blast. Nice guys too. Didn't think to snap any pics tho.

#6 11 years ago

Dam, I want to play a Monopoly so bad.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Was in Seattle last weekend and checked out the "Seattle Pinball Museum" It's pinball so that's great, but kinda a small spot with just a few pins, maybe 20ish and fairly worn. Monster Bash had so much wear around the pit I could see coils through it. Played OK tho, as did the Cactus Canyon. Like I said, it's pinball, so stayed till close and had a blast. Nice guys too. Didn't think to snap any pics tho.

Next time you're up here you should check out my lineup at Full Tilt Ice Cream Ballard. It's not massive (13 pins) but I defy you to find games that play better on location around here!

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyconover:

Next time you're up here you should check out my lineup at Full Tilt Ice Cream Ballard. It's not massive (13 pins) but I defy you to find games that play better on location around here!

Don't get up to Seattle that often, but now I got an excuse.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing pics. Its funny to think that MK2 is considered vintage, but it is.

#10 11 years ago

Took the kids bowling this morning and found a World Poker Tour there. In nice shape but sitting unleveled and generally a disappointing player. Never played one before and probably won't again.

#11 11 years ago

If I am ever down eugene way I will definetly look this place up looks to have a great selection of odds and ends. Thanks for sharing I have never heard of this place its a little far south of me but never know.

#12 11 years ago

I haven't been to the Eugene arcade yet but it looks like a good lineup.

I went to the Seattle Pinball Museum a few months ago and had the same experience as you zippy. Played their AC/DC a lot which was fun. They do have a bunch more EM and early SS pins upstairs and I think they plan to open up that area at some point. I wanted to visit Full Tilt but ran out of time that day.

#13 11 years ago

I'll buzz ya next time I'm going down there Vulture. Still want your whirlwind BTW, but I can play the one in Eugene till then

2 weeks later
    #14 11 years ago

More pics

IMG_0326.jpgIMG_0326.jpg IMG_0327.jpgIMG_0327.jpg IMG_0328.jpgIMG_0328.jpg IMG_0329.jpgIMG_0329.jpg

#15 11 years ago

and more

IMG_0330.jpgIMG_0330.jpg IMG_0333.jpgIMG_0333.jpg IMG_0334.jpgIMG_0334.jpg IMG_0335.jpgIMG_0335.jpg

#16 11 years ago

Snapped some pics of the backroom workshop area lots of fun toys in progress!

IMG_0315.jpgIMG_0315.jpg IMG_0316.jpgIMG_0316.jpg IMG_0317.jpgIMG_0317.jpg IMG_0318.jpgIMG_0318.jpg

#17 11 years ago

more backroom

IMG_0319.jpgIMG_0319.jpg IMG_0320.jpgIMG_0320.jpg IMG_0321.jpgIMG_0321.jpg IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0322.jpg

#18 11 years ago

more fun

IMG_0323.jpgIMG_0323.jpg IMG_0324.jpgIMG_0324.jpg IMG_0325.jpgIMG_0325.jpg

5 months later
    1 month later
    #20 11 years ago

I concur with zippy, Blairally is the place to be. They have changed their layout quite a bit over the last few months so maybe I'll grab some pics tonight or tomorrow.

1 month later
    #21 10 years ago

Just a heads up, I was at Level up in Eugene this last weekend and they just got an AC/DC Premium

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just a heads up, I was at Level up in Eugene this last weekend and they just got an AC/DC Premium

Score!

#23 10 years ago

That machine will beat your ass, I love it

There is also an Xman LE in the back by Buck hunter. Last time I talked to one of the owners, Tron was also planned to have a new home at Level Up.

Concretehardt, I wonder if we have ran into each other, I am there almost every Sunday (noonish to about 1 or 2pm)

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from reboot:

That machine will beat your ass, I love it
    There is also an Xman LE in the back by Buck hunter. Last time I talked to one of the owners, Tron was also planned to have a new home at Level Up.
    Concretehardt, I wonder if we have ran into each other, I am there almost every Sunday (noonish to about 1 or 2pm)

Reboot I was in with my wife and daughter Friday Evening.
    I have fingers crossed that they get Tron that would be awsome!
    Side note on Xmen I played it for the first time friday and enjoyed it quite a bit... fun game!

#25 10 years ago

That's not you playing ZAXXON is it.Next time you are up this way check out Dorky's in Tacoma.Seattle pinball map keeps tabs on the current lineup.Good food too.

#26 10 years ago

Reboot I was in with my wife and daughter Friday Evening.
    I have fingers crossed that they get Tron that would be awsome!
    Side note on Xmen I played it for the first time friday and enjoyed it quite a bit... fun game!

I was bad, never made it down last week (busy week for me).
    Yes, I ended up enjoying Xmen as well. Next time I drop by I will ask Josh and see if Tron is still in the works...wish I had the room to get one

#27 10 years ago

Drooling now... I've got 3 days in Eugene coming up in June after a few days in Seattle. (1 niece grads H/S and one grads college in Eugene.) Will definitely check out Blairally in Eugene and Full Tilt in Seattle. Had a similar experience with the SPM when I was last there. I was excited that they had a Black Pyramid and was dying to see how it played compared to mine. (Only other one I'd ever seen.) The slingshots were down and it kinda bummed me. Happily I was oddly thrilled with the NBA game. Thought it looked boring but had a ball. Good times in a month or so!

#28 10 years ago

Blairally is the place to go in Eugene. It's right behind Ninkasi brewing, the machines are well maintained, & the staff is great. We hit level up the same day... it was ok, but Blairally rocks.
    I hit the Seattle pinball museum a few months back.. i was not too impressed. the place is small & the games are packed too close together.
    Salem will be getting a new barcade next month - "coin jam"... looks to be 1st class. They are definitely not skimping on the facility. On Court street in downtown Salem.

#29 10 years ago

Wait till you see The Coin Jam barcade in Salem. He's got a lot of A list pins like MM,Tron LE,CC,GnR,TOTAN,& about 15 more,+ about 50 vids!!

#30 10 years ago

Bread when is coin jam gunna open?

#31 10 years ago

Bread when is coin jam gunna open?

Who's Bread?

#32 10 years ago

Sorry Breadfan

#33 10 years ago

Almost there. Opens late June.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

Almost there. Opens late June.

Very cool can't wait to check it out

#35 10 years ago

I am going to be checking out Game Over arcade in Lincoln City. It looks like it has a nice selection of pins. There is another thread about it, but I though I would mention it here.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from AbacusMan:

Dam, I want to play a Monopoly so bad.

There's one on location near me. I finally topped the high score at 34 million. One bad thing though is there is no ball lock; once you lock one ball, multiball starts. It's in a small ice cream shop and I don't think it gets a lot of plays, so I doubt it's something they care about doing much to as long as it is "working".

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-in-the-wild-oregon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.