(Topic ID: 64743)

Pins in the wild in at Senshi-Con in Anchorage, Alaska!

By Ak_tilt

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Ak_tilt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo(13).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Another local pinhead and I were asked to bring a few games to a local gaming convention(Senshi Con). Needless to say I'm absolutely amazed by the response and thought fellow pinsiders would be happy to hear that pinball is alive and well in the last frontier. We only had six machines in total, so no comparison to some of the other events that happen around the rest of the country. That said, all six machines have been getting continuous play since we set them up yesterday morning and at certain times the lines at the machines have been two to three people deep! We've already been invited back next year and they want more!! Would be great if we could find someone to maybe bring a WOZ(you know who you are), or a newer Stern for variety next year when we do this again.

photo(3).JPGphoto(3).JPG photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG

#4 10 years ago

Thanks! I'm still really excited about how this went, so I thought I'd upload another photo from yesterday. Since the age range of most of the attendees was 18-early twenties, I wasn't sure if Saturday was just a fluke and that by Sunday the novelty would wear off and the games would sit idle. As it turned out most of the people that played on Saturday, came back on Sunday and even brought their friends. In fact there were several people that spent the entire time at the convention playing pinball!! We had to pack up around 8:00 PM on Sunday, which was difficult, since people were almost begging us not to turn the machines off! If anyone's curious the lineup was AFM, DW, Xenon, The Getaway, The Shadow and Jack-Bot. I won't list all of the audits, but I will say that we zeroed out the DW on Saturday afternoon and it had racked up almost 400 plays by Sunday night!!

photo(13).JPGphoto(13).JPG

#5 10 years ago

Can't believe you did not call me

#6 10 years ago

Sorry about that, It was pretty last minute(got the details about a day before we had to set up), so didn't have a lot of time to plan and it wasn't clear how much space we would have. Next year though it would be awesome to have some more help and/or machines. Who knows maybe we should think about setting up a pin/arcade event before then?

#7 10 years ago

Awesome!

#8 10 years ago

That is really cool!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ak_tilt:

Sorry about that, It was pretty last minute(got the details about a day before we had to set up), so didn't have a lot of time to plan and it wasn't clear how much space we would have. Next year though it would be awesome to have some more help and/or machines. Who knows maybe we should think about setting up a pin/arcade event before then?

(For all AK guys lurking) My next event will be WOZ unboxing, expect around Christmas, maybe just before.

I am in for something March timeframe, maybe spring break timeframe.

#10 10 years ago

Can't wait to see and play that WOZ! I've been trying to find one to play in my travels around the country, but so far no luck.

March would probably work well, let's talk about this soon!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-in-the-wild-in-at-senshi-con-in-anchorage-alaska-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.