(Topic ID: 36432)

Pins in New South Wales ? (Sydney / Wollongong area)

By jlm33

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jlm33
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Tired of winter rain in Bordeaux.
    Going to visit Australia / New South Wales next week (Sydney and Wollongong). Had a look at the Pinside Map: a single location, two pins in Sydney, nothing in Wollongong...

Any other locations pinsiders would recommend ?

#2 11 years ago

The Court House Hotel in Newtown has a good lineup last time i was there they had ACDC BIBLE , XMEN LE, Monsterbash, Indiana Jones (williams), Fish Tales, Transformers and Tales of the Aribian nights. All machines worked well and they normaly have a tech guy on site if you incounter any problems.

Not for from the court house right near Newtown Station is the Town Hall Hotel . Normaly have 3 pins on site.

Here is a site for some other locations around the city
    http://zball.com.au/index.php/locations/

A few of the other pubs around Newtown have Pins but i cant confirm %100 what ones.

If you venture out west there is a small arcade in Cabramatta have around 8 pins but not in the best of shape.

If you decide to go up Newcastle way drop in to Pizza and Pinball.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Pizza-N-Pinball/335698366444935?fref=ts

Good Luck and Enjoy Sydney.

#3 11 years ago

Thanks a lot !

#4 11 years ago

I am a bit behind in keeping a Aussie thread up to date but this will be a good guide.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8025.0

Or become a member and put the call out as a few members there with pins and you might get a welcome

#5 11 years ago

Also shoot RGR a PM . He's from Sydney and he's also our #1 ranked IFPA player . He knows of every machine in every location around Sydney .

If you can make the trip up to Newcastle ( about 1.5 hours drive ) to visit Pizza n Pinball then let me know . I'll be able to meet you there and have a few games . They're open Tuesday to Sunday ( so closed Mondays ) from 4pm - 11pm ... best pizza around hand's down !!

#6 11 years ago

Down to my neck of the woods.. That's where I'm from wollongong.There's a Simpsons pinball party at the fraternity club.. Also a south park and playboy at the cabbage tree hotel just across the pad from the fraternity club.. Other then that I'm not sure about Sydney

#7 11 years ago

Just great... let me digest all this information...

#8 11 years ago

Jim how long you in town for???

#9 11 years ago

Less than a week (arriving Tuesday 22 morning, leaving Sunday 27)... and not for Holidays actually! But nice to escape winter even for a short period of time. Really tired of constant rain here. Taking advantage of that trip to spend a few days to visit colleagues in Hong Kong and Singapore - it might help with the jet lag.

#10 11 years ago

Down to my neck of the woods.. That's where I'm from wollongong.There's a Simpsons Pinball Party at the fraternity club.. Also a South Park and playboy at the cabbage tree hotel just across the pad from the fraternity club.

Just arrived! Wollongong was first on my list... thanks for the tip.

Took advantage of this early afternoon rain to visit these two places (will add them to the pinside map as well) The whitewater at the fraternity club was not functional, but TSPP was cool...

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg

#11 11 years ago

Mate hit us up if you wanna check out games in the Newtown/ Newcastle area.... I am going down likely this friday/saturday... Fridays prob the best day given the weather...

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

Mate hit us up if you wanna check out games in the Newtown/ Newcastle area.... I am going down likely this friday/saturday... Fridays prob the best day given the weather...

Hi,

Should be in Sydney Friday - Saturday evening, within walking distance of Town Hall train station or City Center and Darling Park monorail stops (I won't have a car).
    100% available on Saturday, unsure yet about Friday evening.

Quoted from MIL:

Also shoot RGR a PM . He's from Sydney and he's also our #1 ranked IFPA player

...and I am a lousy one Easy prey...

#13 11 years ago

The Court House Hotel in Newtown has a good lineup last time i was there they had ACDC BIBLE , XMEN LE, Monsterbash, Indiana Jones (williams), Fish Tales, Transformers and Tales of the Aribian nights. All machines worked well and they normaly have a tech guy on site if you incounter any problems.
    Not for from the court house right near Newtown Station is the Town Hall Hotel . Normaly have 3 pins on site.

Been to both places late afternoon. Both are great, all pins I tried worked perfectly well. Thanks for the tip !

5.jpg5.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-in-new-south-wales-sydney-wollongong-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.