• Latest reply 3 years ago by Orko
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4C4D61B2-B375-40B5-BC85-F5DB4ED37CD3 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

So I was scrolling at lunch this to see what cars they found and boom abandoned pins. If anyone wants to attempt a rescue mission. 29:40 minute mark

#2 3 years ago

Cool video. Anyone have any idea what the castle is??

#3 3 years ago

2 hour drive for me, if it was a better machine I would be on the way.

#4 3 years ago

Seems like the perfect place to dump any additional SFII pins we come across.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Seems like the perfect place to dump any additional SFII pins we come across.

How high is their roof?

-Hans

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

dump any additional SFII pins

Quoted from HHaase:

How high is their roof?

budum !

#7 3 years ago

Kind of how the VFW Pinball place started. It was an old Arbor Drugstore which became CVS. Smaller than an old Ames but probably 60% of the size.

#8 3 years ago

I can't imagine how much mold would be in those games. Yikes.

This young dude is acting like he's discovered Tutankhamun's Tomb.

#9 3 years ago

You can dump all your SFII pins at my house... thank you in advance!

#10 3 years ago

It’s super sketchy. Hypothetically speaking, it’s possible. Need I remind you though of the folks back on KLOV who got super butthurt over the last guy who rescued an arcade machine from an abandoned building and called the police and sued an all sorts of stupid stuff.

So hypothetically speaking, it can be done, and if someone had previously rescued abandoned machines they probably had really great luck with it.
Don’t quote me on this, but someone might make some calls and see if a certain person can give these machines a second chance at life and increase their collection by 3.

#11 3 years ago

The SFII pin and 2 EM bingos appear at about 29:40. Looks like there are a couple of jukes in the background as well.

There's also a bunch of vintage advertising signs and an stingray corvette with an unfinished body after that. Plus a Jaguar and Porsche.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Kind of how the VFW Pinball place started. It was an old Arbor Drugstore which became CVS. Smaller than an old Ames but probably 60% of the size.

I thought the VFW was an old VFW post, that’s why it’s called the VFW?

#13 3 years ago

That gives a new meaning to
"Gettin lucky in Kentucky."

#14 3 years ago

“Abandoned”

Looks like someone bought an old Ames to store their stuff, and these guys broke in.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

“Abandoned”
Looks like someone bought an old Ames to store their stuff, and these guys broke in.

I think they said it was a flea market after it was an Ames, after it was a, etc, etc.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Vintage Flipper World

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

“Abandoned”

That is my thought as well.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Yes, but prior to that cfh stored pins & bowlers in an old abandoned drug store. Then had to move them out. Next place was in an industrial park building. Then another and then to a VFW hall that was up for sale.

#19 3 years ago

Ames is the white-castle of department stores?

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

Ames is the white-castle of department stores?

White Castles are still boomin, Ames, not so much

#21 3 years ago

Don't forget Zayre too.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't forget Zayre too.

Back in the day we called the cheap knockoff Nikes Zayre Jordans

#23 3 years ago
4C4D61B2-B375-40B5-BC85-F5DB4ED37CD3 (resized).jpeg4C4D61B2-B375-40B5-BC85-F5DB4ED37CD3 (resized).jpeg
#24 3 years ago

I shopped at the Venture in Schaumburg.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I was a Matteson kid, right across the street from the Showbiz pizza my dad managed

#26 3 years ago

I loved Show Biz pizza place with the mechanical animals singing. Forget the songs. Pizza was good but that was 1983. Maybe not so good today. My friend and I loved to go there, order a pitcher of beer and play Ms Pacman cocktail.

Maitland, Fl. Originally a JM Fields plaza. Pantry Pride.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from fabsj82:

So I was scrolling at lunch this to see what cars they found and boom abandoned pins. If anyone wants to attempt a rescue mission. 29:40 minute mark

A couple bingos and a street fighter II. Not a surprise they were left.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I loved Show Biz pizza place with the mechanical animals singing. Forget the songs. Pizza was good but that was 1983. Maybe not so good today. My friend and I loved to go there, order a pitcher of beer and play Ms Pacman cocktail.

I grew up with half a Fatz in our basement, his head and is innards, wish I still had that.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Didn’t show biz pizza turn into Chuck E. Cheese or did bushnell just rip them off?

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Didn’t show biz pizza turn into Chuck E. Cheese or did bushnell just rip them off?

Bought them off.... Showbiz was sinking, hemorrhaging.

Prepare for much sadness, if you haven't seen this prior.

He does have a site you can buy things from. My friend got me a nice shirt from there.

https://creativeengineering.bigcartel.com/

#31 3 years ago

Aaron Fechter a bit more recently.

#32 3 years ago

There's a Phoenix arcade game at 28:10

#33 3 years ago

Looks like things are on pallets just the way they were bought at auctions. Then someone took them there to store them.

Hey I bet the person that bought all that junk owns the place.

Seems logical

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That’s just what Chuck E. Cheese was originally called before the rebranding. A few of my friends bought some of the old animatronics and I’ve deeply enjoyed seeing their unique hobby community of rebuilding and reprogramming those old robots. It’s wild. Kinda creepy, but also kinda nostalgic to see people still love them.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I use to work there before they went out of business and became Kmart. Brings back memories.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-in-an-abandoned-ames-in-kentucky?hl=yellowghost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.