(Topic ID: 258088)

Pins in a Nursing Home

By okayestpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4575 (resized).jpg
    20191017_131755 (resized).jpg
    20191107_121735 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

When you become too much of a burden for society and your kids send you off to a home, will you demand to be sent to a nursing home with a dedicated arcade/pinball room?

They say that pins in children's hospitals help cheer up the sick kids and their families. Wouldn't pins cheer up imprisoned seniors and encourage their children/grandchildren to visit more often?

Could we put the wheels in motion, so that when our time comes, a pinball arcade is a standard feature in all nursing homes / senior living?

Discuss...

#2 4 years ago

There's one in Toledo with a slot machine. Credit play, no cash needed nor paid out. It's a Bally ProSlot 6000. Blazing 7's IIRC.

#4 4 years ago

I think this is a great idea. I'm intrigued

#5 4 years ago

gdonovan Don’t you work in a nursing home, and didn’t you place a pin there?

#6 4 years ago

There's a LOT of money going into luxury homes for seniors these days. I was in one recently that made me think for a moment that I was on a cruise ship (it had a nail salon, yoga/meditation room, a movie theater, coffee bar, etc) until I remembered the locked interior doors that kept the inmates from escaping.

#7 4 years ago

My mother in law is in a 55+ community that flexes into assisted living, then total care. They have a theater, convenience store, and other amenities- including a pub with a juke box, pool table, and a Stern Mustang pin. Friday and Saturday afternoon, they have a happy hour with free drinks too.

#8 4 years ago

JethroP Didn’t you relocate to a retirement center, and bring multiple pins with you?

#9 4 years ago

I'll have at least one in my room, attempting to reach There and Back Again on Hobbit after 50 years of trying lol.

I remember seeing a Blazing 7's slot machine at a nursing home, it was in someone's room, while my wife and I visited her grandmother. A pin is definitely possible!

#10 4 years ago

Owners of the day program for special needs
    adults where I work let me put one in our PT room. I and the
    rest of the therapists use it with our friends all the time.
    It's been a big hit with everybody.

20191017_131755 (resized).jpg20191017_131755 (resized).jpg20191107_121735 (resized).jpg20191107_121735 (resized).jpgIMG_4575 (resized).jpgIMG_4575 (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago

^^^ AWESOME!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-in-a-nursing-home and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.