(Topic ID: 231571)

Pins for Teens?

By Ohio66

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I have a buyer who is looking for an EM machine for his teenage granddaughters. Any suggestions on what pins would be appropriate for teens?

Thanks
    Kickout

#2 5 years ago

Gottlieb 2- player Surfers
    Out of Sight my Daughter liked the artwork

3 years later
    #3 1 year ago

I am gonna revive this thread... and change it a bit.

The only modern Stern that my daughter, and her friends, have shown in any interest in playing is Stranger Things Premium/LE. The rules and layout are easy enough for them to follow, they like the spooky theme, and the UV Lights + Projector draw them in. They will also, occassionally, play a game of AFM or MM... but that is about it (interesting that they are all the Eddy standard layout).

#4 1 year ago

That’s a tough order, generally young people aren’t interested in EM’s.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from noopy:

That’s a tough order, generally young people aren’t interested in EM’s.

I agree. They will get bored with an EM in a matter of hours unless they are really unique teens. I think the only thing that will hold their interest is a modern pin.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree. They will get bored with an EM in a matter of hours unless they are really unique teens. I think the only thing that will hold their interest is a modern pin.

I think that most modern pins don't hold their interest either. They have no idea what they are doing. The only one I have found that they have any interest in playing is Stranger Things... and then some of the 90's B/W games.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think that most modern pins don't hold their interest either.

I agree completely. I have 17 and 12 year old and they both could care less about pinball. However, I think if there is any chance to keep their interest it’s with a modern pin.

#8 1 year ago

My kids turn on my BW from time to time (age range 18-8). When they do they play three games max. Same for the arcades, maybe one game of Big Hunter and don't touch the T2. They just like XBox that's right next to everything else. When they were younger they were excited over a Mexico EM I had, but that novelty wore off super fast, like a month. It did have flippers.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree completely. I have 17 and 12 year old and they both could care less about pinball. However, I think if there is any chance to keep their interest it’s with a modern pin.

I'll keep saying it... Stranger Things actually kept their interest. They played multiple games. They said it was fun and came back to play later. They then tried TSPP and walked away after they each played 1 *ball*

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I'll keep saying it... Stranger Things actually kept their interest. They played multiple games. They said it was fun and came back to play later. They then tried TSPP and walked away after they each played 1 *ball*

My 13 yr old wants a STH without even playing one, but I would have to get a premium for the projectors. Not a chance with the price.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I'll keep saying it... Stranger Things actually kept their interest.

I actually own a Stranger Things. It didn’t hold their interest.

#12 1 year ago

Wow it's almost like all teens are diff'rent.

#13 1 year ago

World cup soccer was a winner at my house for kids because of the easy to follow ruleset. Anyone can walk up and know to shoot for goals if they know nothing about pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-for-teens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.