You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211226_182046 (resized).jpg
ChurchPhoto2 (resized).jpg
ChurchPhoto1 (resized).JPG
Church Picnic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago

I don't know if this falls into the same category, but I have been donating pinball machines to a couple of different fundraiser/auctions for the last several years. One group I donate to is our church/school and the other is for the heart unit at our local Children's hospital. I donate the games, they get auctioned off, and the group gets whatever it sells for. I think I've donated 12 or 13 games now. To date, they've all been EM games (the next Children's hospital donation will be my first SS game - Ted Nugent), as those were easiest to find in project form that I could then clean-up/fix-up without having too much into them. Unfortunately, with pinball's resurgence, finding project games has been getting a bit tougher but I still have a couple of project games that can be fixed up for future donations.

At any rate, it's been fun donating games as the last several "winners" have all been people new to the hobby, which is kind of cool. I would encourage anyone who can donate a game to an auction/fundraiser, to do so. It's very rewarding for everyone involved. I always take the game and set it up at the venue, which allows people to play and enjoy the game, even if they don't win it.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Indeed, it's a shame that it's harder now to find cheap or free project machines around, but they're out there.

This is so true...they're harder to find, but they're still out there. Like everyone else here, I'm looking all the time and always seem to find something that I can get fixed up and ready in time for a donation. My plan is to keep donating as long as I can.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Although I'm not an EM guy, as my SS skills grow and I do run across project machines once in a while, you've got me thinking about this idea of donating to an auction someday

I've mostly donated EM games as they were generally cheaper to buy and cheaper to clean up and repair. As I don't do my own repair work, I need to pay to have games fixed and I've been blessed by having a repair guy that's really good and also gives me a break on his rate when he knows the game will be donated. Unfortunately, my repair guy is doing less and less work so I may have to start learning how to do repairs myself

Regarding donating, as you likely saw in my previous posts, I always encourage people to do it as it's really quite rewarding. In just about every case, the person buying the game was new to the hobby. It's fun delivering a game to a home knowing that this won't be their only game...

Dave

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I asked him what he did with the game and he said he sold it with the house.

So, was he trying to tell you that he was never really that much into pinball or did the buyers of the house say "man, we'd totally pay your asking price if that awesome pinball machine was included"? Maybe he was hoping you'd bring him another game as a housewarming gift for his new house?

And like Joe, I'd totally want to knock on the door of the house next door to inquire about the pinball machine...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pin-Tools.com

Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 4,999.99
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pins-as-gifts-share-your-stories?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.