(Topic ID: 297822)

PinRestore is Closing

By PinRestore

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

54F9993F-3E48-4842-AF0C-7EBD95492351 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I recall you stocking hard to find pinball wires for basically every color combination that exists. Do you still have those? I would love to get some kind of potpourri of wires for future projects.

You may recall that, but I don't.

We never sold electrical wire.

Scot

#52 2 years ago

Sorry you are leaving...just places a good order for you! Todd from TNT Amusements

#53 2 years ago

I am really going to miss you all. Thank you for being there with great product and personal service.

Joe

#54 2 years ago

Thank you for providing products and positivity in pinball for a long time. I wish you the best in retirement as it is well-deserved!

#55 2 years ago

Here are items we are now out of. If you have already ordered them I will refund them with your shipping refunds.

Bulb Grease, Vinyl Tubing, Beer seal – New style, Target Foam
    Side rail Tape, Van’s gun blue

Wiha 1/8” nut driver, Utility blades, Digital multimeter
    Single edged razor blades pack of 100, IDC punch down 156, still have 100
    Pin Extractors, Open barrel crimpers, Mini pliers set
    Staples both, taps 6-32 / 8-32 / 10-32
    13 pc Hex wrench set

Black carriage bolts 1 ½”, T Z Clock spacer, DMD Push nuts
    Sling arm washers, Lightboard hinge washers
    T-Nuts 8-32 .59, Sheet metal stainless ½”
    Self-drilling screws, Hairpin Clips, Power cords

Right Angle LED mount, fuse holder

Paint pens Fine (21) white, gold, black

Debbie

#56 2 years ago

Update.

More items we are out of.

E clips 7/16"
    Poodle Head clips
    Leg Bolt Taps
    T-nuts 8-32 .71" base
    Paint pens fine, silver and red
    Backbox lock screws

Stay tuned. More updates as they happen.

Debbie

#57 2 years ago

Also.... I am now out of bare wire. And just a note, we had to limit the ground braid to just one roll per customer. If you ordered more I will refund for the extra when I refund for the excess shipping.

That's all for now, I think.

Debbie

#58 2 years ago

This was the kick in my butt to finally get my own riveting kit. Really sad to see you retire, but congrats on a well deserved exit from dealing with us crazy pinheads.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

PinRestore will be closing before the end of this year. We are retiring!
    We are not interested in selling the business or the domain name.
    There will be no discounts and no re-stocking of items that sell out. All sales will be final.
    Thank you for your support these last 16 years.
    Scot and Debbie.

Congrats on your retirement,
    why no interest in selling the business or domain if you can get some $$

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Congrats on your retirement,
    why no interest in selling the business or domain if you can get some $$

Yeah I would think even just the domain might be of interest to folks around here... But maybe they just want it for nostalgia? No law saying they gotta sell any of it

#61 2 years ago

Here we go again... Bear with me

I am not out of the Rt angle LED mounts as mentioned above.

But I am now out of the 10-32 KEP nuts.

Debbie

#62 2 years ago

I hadn't heard of you guys before this thread but I placed a little order of some stuff I could use. Thanks for the fast turnaround and extras you threw in.

#63 2 years ago

Hey everybody,
    Scot just got a batch of dies finished today so I will start shipping tomorrow for those of you who ordered dies. I ran out of some of the rivets that go into the master kit so if you also ordered a kit it will be delayed a few days until I get my rivets in. Since everyone wants a roll of ground braid we decided to order more of that and I am waiting for that to come in as well. We are still limiting to 1 roll per customer. Once I have everything for your orders I will get them out. Again, thanks a bunch for your support and for your patience.

Debbie

#64 2 years ago

This is one of a few recent threads of a business in the industry supplying parts calling it quits. Sad, and I hope, at least in this case, its a postive move to really retire and enjoy other things. However, I get the feeling the supplier base is starting to age out. Is anyone stepping in?

#65 2 years ago

New update:

I have over 25 orders ready to go just waiting on ground braid and/or rivets for the rivet kit. Both should be here early this week and then all of those orders will be shipped. If you also ordered a rivet press that might take a few more days as Scot needs to make each one. Again, I appreciate your patience. Believe me, I am tired of walking around 25 boxes on the floor!

Debbie

#66 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

New update:
    I have over 25 orders ready to go just waiting on ground braid and/or rivets for the rivet kit. Both should be here early this week and then all of those orders will be shipped. If you also ordered a rivet press that might take a few more days as Scot needs to make each one. Again, I appreciate your patience. Believe me, I am tired of walking around 25 boxes on the floor!
    Debbie

I made one last order this week. Over the years I've really appreciated the items that you have sold. I did a lot more restorations in years past than I do now, but I figured I would stock up!!

Thanks you so much for providing this unique selection of items and great service for all these year!!

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I made one last order this week. Over the years I've really appreciated the items that you have sold. I did a lot more restorations in years past than I do now, but I figured I would stock up!!
    Thanks you so much for providing this unique selection of items and great service for all these year!!

Thanks John! I saw your order come in. Your name is easy to remember!

Scot

#68 2 years ago

Any 27"x38" rolls of mylar left?

#69 2 years ago

Thank you both for all you did over the years. Quality on everything I ever bought. Loved doing the Drill Press kit years back. Enjoy Retirement. I’m gonna go see if there’s any must have stuff before you close.

Cheers

Joe (Acejedi)

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from finman48127:

Any 27"x38" rolls of mylar left?

Yes, we still have full sheets of mylar.

Scot

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from Acejedi:

Thank you both for all you did over the years. Quality on everything I ever bought. Loved doing the Drill Press kit years back. Enjoy Retirement. I’m gonna go see if there’s any must have stuff before you close.
    Cheers
    Joe (Acejedi)

Thanks Joe!

We will finally be able to go on longer trips with our travel trailer.

Scot

#72 2 years ago

Update on more items I am now out of.
    Super lube oil, 467 MP, Ramp flap screws, Single edge razor blades, Hook and pick set, Flange nuts, PC board grommets, and white tack glides.
    Rivets came today so lots of orders going out tomorrow.
    Stay tuned for more updates as they happen.
    Debbie

#73 2 years ago

Thanks for the updates! The rivet press / dies are a must have for the DIY'er in this hobby.

#74 2 years ago

Placed order and sorry to see you go. I bought your kit for the press and love it. Hope someone picks up selling the items you were carrying.

Enjoy retirement.

#75 2 years ago

Just placed my final order with you guys. Been a long fun road. Gonna miss you! Good luck and thank you for 15 years of pin restoration hard to find stuff!

#76 2 years ago

Press received. Thanks and best wishes to you both.

54F9993F-3E48-4842-AF0C-7EBD95492351 (resized).jpeg54F9993F-3E48-4842-AF0C-7EBD95492351 (resized).jpeg
    #77 2 years ago
    Quoted from flipper-happy:

Press received. Thanks and best wishes to you both.
    [quoted image]

Seeing that I’m kicking myself for not grabbing one when I put in my order. Are they still available?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Seeing that I’m kicking myself for not grabbing one when I put in my order. Are they still available?

Yup! I'd be happy to make one for you.

Scot

#79 2 years ago

Thx Scot I’ll place the order tomorrow.

#80 2 years ago

Order placed, thx again Scot. You and Debbie will be sorely missed, but enjoy the retirement.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

Order placed, thx again Scot. You and Debbie will be sorely missed, but enjoy the retirement.

It'll be a few days, I have to get more arbor presses in.

Scot

#82 2 years ago

no problem take your time. I’m just glad to have grabbed one.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

PinRestore will be closing before the end of this year. We are retiring!

Best of luck and enjoy your retirement!!!

#84 2 years ago

Order came in last week, loved the “ Extras” notes from Debbie as much as the extras themselves.

Ordering a rivet press tonight. Appreciate everything you’ve done for the hobby - enjoy the hell out of your retirement!

1 week later
    #85 2 years ago

Product update.
    We are now out of the following:
    Beer seal, torpedo levels, 1/4-20 set screws, e-clips 7/16 and 1/4, ignition point files, shooter washers, and polycarbonate sheets.

Here are items I still have lots of. If you can use any of these then order 1 of the size you can use and I will reward you with lots of extras.

SEMS screws:
    6-32 x 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4
    8-32 x 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4
    10-32 x 3/8, 1/2

Hex head screws:
    Zinc 3/8, 5/8
    8-32 x 3"

Wood screws:
    8 x 1 1/2

E-clips:
    5/32, 3/16, 5/16, 3/8

T-nuts 10-32

Long and short pipettes

Tamper resistant bit sets

Sand paper

I would rather give these to people that can use them than end up throwing them out. I would like to be closed by November 1 so help me out if you can.

Thanks a bunch to all who have ordered so far. I really appreciate it.

Debbie

#86 2 years ago

Order placed last night.

Thank you and enjoy retirement!

-Paul

#87 2 years ago

Rivet press ordered this evening, should have ordered one years ago, your clincher has served me well over the years.

Thank you, enjoy life!!

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Order placed last night.
    Thank you and enjoy retirement!
    -Paul

Thanks Paul!

Scot

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Rivet press ordered this evening, should have ordered one years ago, your clincher has served me well over the years.
    Thank you, enjoy life!!

Thanks Ben!

Your press will ship by next week.

Scot

#90 2 years ago

My second "final order" placed

#91 2 years ago

I've got to get my press order in!

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

Product update.
    We are now out of the following:
    Beer seal, torpedo levels, 1/4-20 set screws, e-clips 7/16 and 1/4, ignition point files, shooter washers, and polycarbonate sheets.
    Here are items I still have lots of. If you can use any of these then order 1 of the size you can use and I will reward you with lots of extras.
    SEMS screws:
    6-32 x 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4
    8-32 x 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4
    10-32 x 3/8, 1/2
    Hex head screws:
    Zinc 3/8, 5/8
    8-32 x 3"
    Wood screws:
    8 x 1 1/2
    E-clips:
    5/32, 3/16, 5/16, 3/8
    T-nuts 10-32
    Long and short pipettes
    Tamper resistant bit sets
    Sand paper
    I would rather give these to people that can use them than end up throwing them out. I would like to be closed by November 1 so help me out if you can.
    Thanks a bunch to all who have ordered so far. I really appreciate it.
    Debbie

Sure. Why not.

And yes, I do suck at retiring, Deb!

Send me anything you want to get rid of, other than Scot, and I'll get rid of it for you.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sure. Why not.

You know in one year you're just going to have a thread that says "Big Bucket of Pinrestore Stuff For Sale," right?

And before you say it: Yes...I'm an asshole.

#94 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You know in one year you're just going to have a thread that says "Big Bucket of Pinrestore Stuff For Sale," right?
    And before you say it: Yes...I'm an asshole.

You are an asshole, Randy, but also spot on.

Deb is currently figuring shipping on larger bags. I may have lost my mind, but what the hell.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sure. Why not.
    Send me anything you want to get rid of, other than Scot, and I'll get rid of it for you.

Hey now! I'm not on closeout, Okay?

I'm currently checking into LTL freight quotes...

Scot

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You are an asshole, Randy, but also spot on.
    Deb is currently figuring shipping on larger bags. I may have lost my mind, but what the hell.

One question...do you have access to a forklift? Asking for a friend.

Scot

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

One question...do you have access to a forklift? Asking for a friend.
    Scot

SHIT!

#98 2 years ago

How wide is your street?

Scot

#99 2 years ago

Bryan's bucket o PinRestore stuff has a nice ring to it. Hey Scot, is that the forklift I hear? Let's load this stuff up!

Debbie

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

How wide is your street?
    Scot

Quoted from PinRestore:

Bryan's bucket o PinRestore stuff has a nice ring to it. Hey Scot, is that the forklift I hear? Let's load this stuff up!
    Debbie

Now, I hate you both!

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinrestore-is-closing/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.