(Topic ID: 297822)

PinRestore is Closing

By PinRestore

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

54F9993F-3E48-4842-AF0C-7EBD95492351 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

PinRestore will be closing before the end of this year. We are retiring!

We are not interested in selling the business or the domain name.

There will be no discounts and no re-stocking of items that sell out. All sales will be final.

Thank you for your support these last 16 years.

Scot and Debbie.

#2 2 years ago

Thanks for having the hard to find parts over the years! I'll have to go and stock up.

#3 2 years ago

Love my rivet press! Thanks for being a resource for the community.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

There will be no discounts and no re-stocking of items that sell out. All sales will be final.
    Scot and Debbie.

Curious, was this a full-time business for you guys?

#5 2 years ago

Thank you for all you've done for years.

LTG : )

#6 2 years ago

Just placed a final order, the best source for rivets and wire braid.
    Thanks again for the years of support.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from seshpilot:

Curious, was this a full-time business for you guys?

No, it has always been a side gig. I started it in 2005 and my wife Debbie took over the fulfillment side in 2007.

Scot

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for all you've done for years.

Thank YOU Lloyd for all your support and referrals! All the way back to RGP : )

Scot

#9 2 years ago

Just tried placing order (using two different browsers, I get a paypal error message)
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Turns out I only have this problem when I try to add something from your tools section to my cart. I was able to add rivets.

#10 2 years ago

Bummer to read, but completely understand. Thanks for being a great resource for parts.

#11 2 years ago

Thanks for all of your support over the years and have a great retirement!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#12 2 years ago

Great 1 stop shopping for a lot of stuff. I'm going to miss this service. Thank you for all the support over the years.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from rmillman:

Just tried placing order (using two different browsers, I get a paypal error message)[quoted image]

Whatever you were trying to order is out of stock.

We have lost the ability to update the PinRestore website. The only way we can stop orders for things we are sold out of is to kill the PayPal button.

Yet another reason we are retiring.

Scot

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Bummer to read, but completely understand. Thanks for being a great resource for parts.

Thank you for your support!

Scot

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Thanks for all of your support over the years and have a great retirement!
    --
    Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact ... for board repairs
    http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Thanks to you as well, Chris!

BTW, I never did qualify as a CARGPB. I was just too extravagant, I suppose

Scot

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Great 1 stop shopping for a lot of stuff. I'm going to miss this service. Thank you for all the support over the years.

Thanks, Doug!

Scot

#17 2 years ago

Great shop I’ve used many times. Going to miss it as a resource! Thanks you for everything to help my restorations!

#18 2 years ago

Thank you for your products and your service. You're a part of all five pinball machines in my collection.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Evets:

Thank you for your products and your service. You're a part of all five pinball machines in my collection.

"No, you honor. I've never met this guy's pinball machines before in my life! I have no idea how my DNA got into them." ; )

Thanks,

Scot

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

Great shop I’ve used many times. Going to miss it as a resource! Thanks you for everything to help my restorations!

Thanks to you as well!

Scot

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

Scot and Debbie.

Sad to see you guys go but glad you've moved on to the retirement, gig.

Thanks for all you guys have done over the years!

#22 2 years ago

Amazing service- placed an order this morning…..tracking number sent and shipping refund processed in a few hours. Gonna be sad when when U close up for good.
    Thanks Scot & Debbie!

#23 2 years ago

Thanks for all you've done for the hobby, Scot & Debbie! Much happiness and good health to both of you in your retirement. I just ordered ground braid. Then forgot rivets and ordered them. Then saw I paid $42 in shipping for the two shipments.

This has NOT been a good summer...

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sad to see you guys go but glad you've moved on to the retirement, gig.
    Thanks for all you guys have done over the years!

Well Bryan, we're just following you into old fartage.

Now I'm thinking we should have gone first...

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from mIkea:

Amazing service- placed an order this morning…..tracking number sent and shipping refund processed in a few hours. Gonna be sad when when U close up for good.
    Thanks Scot & Debbie!

Thanks Mike!

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks for all you've done for the hobby, Scot & Debbie! Much happiness and good health to both of you in your retirement. I just ordered ground braid. Then forgot rivets and ordered them. Then saw I paid $42 in shipping for the two shipments.
    This has NOT been a good summer...

Randy, you should know by now that Debbie won't let you pay double shipping! ; )

Scot

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

Randy, you should know by now that Debbie won't let you pay double shipping! ; )
    Scot

I do know that...you guys always refund the difference and it's one of the things I've always loved about your company. But the way my last couple of months have been going, I always expect the worst. Thanks for the response, buddy, and thanks again for everything. I have NO IDEA where I'm going to source all this stuff from going forward...

#28 2 years ago

By the way...I urge anybody who reads this thread to go on Pinrestore.com and buy ANYTHING that you think you'll need in the near future. These folks have been such an asset to this hobby, the least we can do is try to help clean out their remaining stock to help cut their losses.

#29 2 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a set to make my own die press . Don’t need it right now, but will in the future! Thanks

#30 2 years ago

Just placed an order and am sad but also happy to see you both riding off to your next adventure!

Side note: I tried to order the target foam but you're out of stock. Anybody have a line on good target replacement foam?

#31 2 years ago

Ughh, I love your shop! It helped to get me into the hobby and I always knew where to go for the hard to find parts. I am ordering every item you have for the rivet press, along with a press! I have used a hand press, but now that I know you’re done, I want the real deal!

#32 2 years ago

Just ordered a bunch of riveting stuff.
    I hope you both get a nice retirement.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from BriPin:

Just placed an order and am sad but also happy to see you both riding off to your next adventure!
    Side note: I tried to order the target foam but you're out of stock. Anybody have a line on good target replacement foam?

Look for Frost King V443 in gray. ; )

#34 2 years ago

About riveting tools:

I will continue making dies and punches until we close. That being said, I must limit each customer to one set of short dies, one set of long dies, and one rollover punch. I have some arthritis in my hands and the hours of lathe work it takes to make a batch of dies leaves me pretty sore.

Scot

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRestore:

About riveting tools:
    I will continue making dies and punches until we close. That being said, I must limit each customer to one set of short dies, one set of long dies, and one rollover punch. I have some arthritis in my hands and the hours of lathe work it takes to make a batch of dies leaves me pretty sore.
    Scot

Even though I've got your riveter and both sets of dies, now you have me thinking I need to get a rollover punch as well. Every time you post, I feel like I need to buy something else. This is fear of missing out on a whole new level...

#36 2 years ago

Stuff we have lots of:

There are some hardware items that we buy by the case. We have lots of these items and will gladly throw in a bunch of extras when you order them.

SEMS Screws:
    6-32 x 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4"

8-32 x 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4"

10-32 x 3/8", 1/2"

Hex head screws:
    Zinc 3/8", 5/8"
    Extra long 8-32 x 3"

Wood screw:
    8 x 1-1/2"

Black Carriage Bolts:
    1"

E-clips:
    5/32", 3/16", 5/16", 3/8"

Debbie will hook you up!

Scot

#37 2 years ago

Placed my order for back-ups to my back-ups. ! Love my rivet press! Always enjoyed purchasing from you. I Recommend you on all my pinball videos. Thanks for everything!

#38 2 years ago

Placed my order for more rivets and some ground braid. Good luck with your retirement!

J.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Even though I've got your riveter and both sets of dies, now you have me thinking I need to get a rollover punch as well. Every time you post, I feel like I need to buy something else. This is fear of missing out on a whole new level...

If you have rivet dies, the die holding punch will work as well.

Scot

#40 2 years ago

Thanks to all of you!

The response has been overwhelming. We are already out of rivet dies so some orders may be delayed a week or so.

Excuse me, I have to go cut some steel...

#41 2 years ago

Just posted my final order! Thanks so much!

I did notice the Instant Gun Blue is out of stock. Will this one work the same way? https://www.amazon.com/Brownell-Formula-Instant-Gun-Blue/dp/B00IYZBWC8

I'm guessing it would but my trust in products from Amazon has dropped significantly.

#42 2 years ago

Congratulations but I’m selfish for saying I miss you guys already. Thank you for filling a void much needed over the years.

I love that you two refunded shipping. I’m glad that the double shipping for beelzeboob will be corrected. That means you #paytheboob or at least paid back.

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmacy:

Congratulations but I’m selfish for saying I miss you guys already. Thank you for filling a void much needed over the years.
    I love that you two refunded shipping. I’m glad that the double shipping for beelzeboob will be corrected. That means you #paytheboob or at least paid back.

My God, you are positively masterful in working #paytheboob into all your posts. Well done!

And it was great to meet you in Allentown, btw!

#44 2 years ago

Post edited : My second shingles shot is making me loopy

Now how the heck can you tell that ? I thought you idled on loopy ?

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlippyD:

Just posted my final order! Thanks so much!
    I did notice the Instant Gun Blue is out of stock. Will this one work the same way? amazon.com link »
    I'm guessing it would but my trust in products from Amazon has dropped significantly.

That stuff looks a bit janky to me. Van's has been in business for decades. I'd just get it from them:

https://vansgunblue.com

#46 2 years ago

Excuse me for being a noob but if I want to start riveting new faces on drop targets and repairing metal guides that have broken loose what would you recommend I get?

I’ve been meaning to buy one from you guys for a while and it seems to be now or never!

What’s the “restorers essentials” pack? My collection ranges from the 60s to modern

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Excuse me for being a noob but if I want to start riveting new faces on drop targets and repairing metal guides that have broken loose what would you recommend I get?
    I’ve been meaning to buy one from you guys for a while and it seems to be now or never!
    What’s the “restorers essentials” pack? My collection ranges from the 60s to modern

Start with the Master Rivet Kit. With that you can hand-fit different size rivets until you get the ~1/16" protrusion needed for a good crimp.

Then you can get by with a Rivet Rollover Punch if you are VERY careful. The first time I broke an unobtanium plastic by riveting it with a punch was when I decided to make a press.

An upgrade from the punch is the Rivet Press. If you have access to a drill press you can probably build your own with an arbor press from Harbor Fright. The trickiest operation in making a press is drilling a 3/16" hole in the end of the press ram. I do them on my lathe with a 4 jaw chuck. On a drill press you need to use a drill press vise and a square to be sure the ram is perpendicular to the table. Perpendicular is very important because the rivet die shoulder needs to sit flush with the end of the ram. The uneven forces at play from setting rivets with the die sticking out at an angle can break the mounting peg off the die.

If this seems excessive, I'm still building them this month and maybe next.

An upgrade for your press would be the Extra Long Rivet Dies. These allow you to replace one of the press dies with its XL counterpart. That will get you into most tight spots like on the flange of a plastic ramp.

Lastly, you could add a Die Holding Punch to turn your press dies into Rollover Punches for those jobs where the press just won't fit. Another add-on would be the rivets not included in the Master Rivet Kit;
    1/8" This shortest size is usually only needed on metal-to-metal rivet jobs.
    1/2" (steel) For switch stacks
    9/16" (steel) For switch stacks

Hope That Helps,

Scot

#48 2 years ago

Wowie folks. Your support is overwhelming. As you know I always liked getting orders out within a day or two. Well...... I am just a tad behind so please bear with me and I will get your orders out as soon as I can. Thanks a bunch.

Debbie

#49 2 years ago

I guess, it's time to pull the trigger on that rivet press. Thanks you for everything that you do for the hobby.

#50 2 years ago

I recall you stocking hard to find pinball wires for basically every color combination that exists. Do you still have those? I would love to get some kind of potpourri of wires for future projects.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinrestore-is-closing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.