(Topic ID: 50740)

Pinrescue.com (Good choice for newbies or still overpriced?)

By Mercury

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Boatcat
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Pinrescue a good choice for newbies?”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00047.jpeg
    DSC00046.jpeg
    DSC00045.jpeg
    DSC00044.jpeg
    DSC00043.jpeg
    DSC00042.jpeg
    DSC00041.jpeg
    DSC00040-277.jpeg
    DSC00038.jpeg
    DSC00039.jpeg
    DSC00040.jpeg
    DSC00037.jpeg
    DSC00036.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PennSkier.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

$500-$999 for a WORKING* EM (with the exception of extremely rare games) - the very top $200 of that ONLY if The playfield has minimal wear, the backglass has minimal (or no) flaking and the cabinet is original and in exemplary condition.

Over $1,000 is still "rarified air" for EMs.

*WORKING also includes "properly functioning" - not "it lights up" as you often see on Craig's List LOL

I feel like Pinrescue aims to serve a clientele different than Pin collectors - but alternately a market of people who seek to own ONE quality machine and have it be a novelty showpiece in their home (as opposed to being one of a "lineup" in a gameroom) - and they offer the white glove treatment and warranty that comes with that. That's how I perceive the business model - and nothing wrong with it if they are getting the sales (which they same to be).

Bottom line - I do not feel like WE (pinsiders) are their market.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from egyptrus:

Does anyone know if Russ at Pinrescue actually posts the price he sold the game for or does he just write "sold" over the top of his asking price? I think I've heard before that he just notes that it was sold and doesn't actually post what it sold for.

This is actually none of our business. Just sayin'.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PennSkier.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinrescuecom-good-choice-for-newbies-or-still-overpriced-1?tu=PennSkier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.