9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0187[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brokedad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I have no problem getting things this way. Posting an example.

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Pinball/Web%20Archives/www.Marvin3m.com%20%28Sep-08-2003%29/sys37/index1.htm

I can appreciate them wanting to support the museum. But most all of the sites info has been archived elsewhere.

#19 9 years ago

I remember this happening many many times with some free shareware programs ... while the initial premise was one thing it became something else fee based. I do understand his wanting to support a good cause .. it was just done like those programs with little or no notice. I already saw the most recent DVD posted just today on a FTP site in a ISO file format. It was most likely because of this change as it never showed up before.

#25 9 years ago

Thanks for the newer archive jalpert .. while I (and this site) don't promote sharing copyrighted or proprietary information this was out there for years and was promoted as free to share until now by the other site. It is why there are these copies that were allowed and not challenged.

P.S. BTW are you ever gonna add an avatar or can we just pick one for you jalpert ? .. hehe

P.S.S. Where is Robin chiming in on this one ? C'mon dude or you are not getting that iPhone 5 pre-release

#36 9 years ago

Don't get me wrong. I've donated several antique machines to museums and asked nothing in return. If the cost of the server/bandwidth was a problem I wish like many he would have sought someone to host it. I know we would have been glad to host it here (and using the pinrepair URL to link it direct to the info) on Pinside and ask for donations to the museum for those that found it helpful. He has been great to host it for so long out of his own pocket with the intention of helping people getting into the hobby. Most people don't realize hosting a website costs $$$ not only for the hosting but a certain amount of monthly bandwidth usage. If you go over that bandwidth usage it's like your cellphone plan and costs you tons more per megabyte. Every time you access Pinside it's charged against the sites allotted bandwidth. Don't cut back .. we'd rather pay more if needed to keep the site free and running. I bought and link the .net and have offered to help Robin with charges if needed. Right now he is paying for it all.

The question arises too if it is copyrighted: Can I share what's on my DVD with a newbie ? Probably not. BTW I did order one.

#45 9 years ago

"We are no longer accepting orders for Clay's Pin Repair site DVDs."

I Wonder whats going to happen now

I received a notice stating the same. I checked and my card was not charged. It's nice of Pinball Wizard to start the wiki site.

#53 9 years ago

I guess he had a change of heart when all of us stepped up even with some misgivings to support the information/help/guides he had taken years compiling and hosting. I'm gonna send them $10 anyway as a donation even with the not charged refund.

#65 9 years ago

Hopefully someday we can resurrect a new Tilt Town in a new location from the ashes, you know, like a phoenix.

It's a real shame someone always has to take offense at something (a post, business, club) and make it a vendetta that ends up ruining it for everyone.

If you do re-open consider this machine as a symbol. It was the second machine I ever owned and still have.

Bring it down here as there is a ton of cheap space in the old harvester buildings and they already have Club Utopia in that location so there won't be a problem if they try that tactic again. I'll donate the Phoenix and my project machines for a membership.

#66 9 years ago

Posted the wrong picture .. meant this one.

DSCF0187[1].jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.00
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 49.00
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 259.99
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brokedad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside