8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCF0187[1].jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

I thought it would be neat to have the DVD, and I made a donation, but obviously I did it too late, as PPM gave me a refund and told me the DVD was not available. It sounded like some earlier donators got an e-mail confirming they'd get a DVD, now I wonder if anyone will get a DVD, even the early donators? Sounds like no.

I really appreciate all the work Clay did in compiling all that info and presenting it in an easy to find website all these years. I also appreciate everyone who worked with him to provide info for the pinrepair site. I'd like to say thanks to Clay and everyone else for this invaluable info that I used for years.

I guess I'll just watch and see how this all plays out. Sounds like we'll have another repair archive on the net soon. Good luck and thanks to every one involved.

#52 8 years ago

Rum-Z, et al, there will be no DVD I learned yesterday. All the people who paid had their money refunded and what few DVDs were pressed were destroyed. None were shipped.

#53 8 years ago

I guess he had a change of heart when all of us stepped up even with some misgivings to support the information/help/guides he had taken years compiling and hosting. I'm gonna send them $10 anyway as a donation even with the not charged refund.

#54 8 years ago

I am going to start using "Hank's Pinball repair" videos on youtube. They look real good. That there Hank is a real fart smeller- I mean smart feller. We can get us some good tips from them videos for repairs.

#55 8 years ago

My refund email just showed up earlier today, Oh well... I donated $20. $10 for the DVD and another $10 just because, I was refunded the full amount. Maybe they figured they couldn't fill all the orders that suddenly came flooding in. It was a good Idea, and the DVD rom would have been pretty cool to have.

#56 8 years ago

Oy, I'm gone for like a month, spending every waking moment working on my pinball parlor and when I pop in I find out pinball has gone from hobby back to industry. Is that good or bad?

#57 8 years ago

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/9e78de4b55317d5b?hl=en#

Friends of RGP,
    I have returned all the funds sent by Paypal along with a note
    explaining we will not be sending out the DVD of the pinrepair
    archives.
    I realize it was short and to the point. Paypal would not let me write
    the Magna Charta I intended so I kept it short. I had to return many
    donations and it has taken me all yesterday and today to do that. I
    just finished. I wanted to send the DVD out for free at our cost after
    refunding everyone's money. Apparently this will not satiate the few
    who insist that none of their material be on that disc and they have
    through their threats of legal action, caused me to destroy the discs.
    It was never about the money, I had made discs for our use at the
    warehouse where we have no internet. I'm still hoping I can talk Clay
    into re-posting the site but it does not look good. He was burned
    pretty badly by the demise of Tilt Town. This has been no walk in the
    park for me either. I will keep doing what I've been doing with the
    museum. I suggest everyone reflect on what Clay is going through and
    how we can help heal this situation.
    In closing, I would like to thank the few who after I refunded their
    donation, returned it with a note which really eased the pain.
    Thank you for your support and generous donation.
    Sincerely,
    Michael

#58 8 years ago

Michael,

Thanks for the post! It's a shame this whole thing had to turn into such a fiasco. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we really appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this hobby. I have not had the chance to get to your museum, but I sure would like to one day. Long live pinball.

#59 8 years ago

Michael,

Thanks for the post! It's a shame this whole thing had to turn into such a fiasco. I believe I speak for all of us when I say that we really appreciate all your hard work and dedication to this hobby. I have not had the chance to get to your museum, but I sure would like to one day. Long live pinball.

I'm not Michael i was just copy and pasting his post from elsewhere. The link to the post he made was at the top.

**Put it in quotes to make it more clear.

#60 8 years ago

I'm not Michael i was just copy and pasting his post from elsewhere.

Ah, gotcha. I was paying close enough attention. Thanks for the post! I guess we aren't important enough here at Pinside to warrant an actual post from PPM.

#61 8 years ago

If anyone is interested to know how the whole "Tilt Town" thing went down, this is a fascinating read ...

http://www.detroitpinball.com/?p=1231#more-1231

I was unaware of any of this. It's now easy for me to understand why Clay is so bitter.

#62 8 years ago

Well, about a year and a half ago I figured this may happen one day. I started up WWW.pinballwiki.com in case. Spammers have really done a number on it and they ruined a lot of work, but seeing pinrepair go down has me getting it going again. If anybody has any wiki experience and wants to help me get started, I would love the help. Otherwise contributions would be fantastic. I will never charge for this info or ever find ways to sell it in another form.

#63 8 years ago

We're important Gweempose, we're just under the radar. Sometimes that's a good place to be

I'm a member of Tilt Town, and I consider Clay a friend. Tilt Town was an awesome place, and we had a blast there. I have to imagine that Tilt Town was pretty unique in the whole pinball world. I wish everyone had an opportunity to experience it at least once. I'm really bummed out about the whole deal that happened. Clay put so much time an effort into it, only to have it come crashing down. Hopefully someday we can resurrect a new Tilt Town in a new location from the ashes, you know, like a phoenix.

#64 8 years ago

After checking the Tilt Town link it's amazing yet unfortunate how a fictitious post on craigslist can destroy what those Detroitians were trying to build.
    Sounds like an RPG from the RGP gang

#65 8 years ago

Hopefully someday we can resurrect a new Tilt Town in a new location from the ashes, you know, like a phoenix.

It's a real shame someone always has to take offense at something (a post, business, club) and make it a vendetta that ends up ruining it for everyone.

If you do re-open consider this machine as a symbol. It was the second machine I ever owned and still have.

Bring it down here as there is a ton of cheap space in the old harvester buildings and they already have Club Utopia in that location so there won't be a problem if they try that tactic again. I'll donate the Phoenix and my project machines for a membership.

#66 8 years ago

Posted the wrong picture .. meant this one.

DSCF0187[1].jpg

#67 8 years ago

Michael,

I am really impressed with the quality of people around here.

I appreciate all the good thoughts, and all that have given PPM the benefit of the doubt, considered their deeds, foremost, and the intentions they've projected through the years through their works, and not this one recent situation.

Least and most base, as an opportunity to go to snap judgment, which we're all prone to do at times, but best avoided in solving the problem.

Hats off.

#68 8 years ago

Archive dot org has the waayback machine. Very handy for situations like this.

2 weeks later
    #69 8 years ago

I finally got around to downloading (uploading, whatever) a bit torrent program and a .rar file opener. Now all i have to do is figure out how to put all those wonderful informative photos back in their places in the guides! Did this happen to anyone else? Is there a short answer to how to put the photos back in? The index files are all there.....

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from seanymph:

I finally got around to downloading (uploading, whatever) a bit torrent program and a .rar file opener. Now all i have to do is figure out how to put all those wonderful informative photos back in their places in the guides!

What a pain in the a**! The good news is that some very talented and dedicated people are currently in the process of creating a brand new, much better repair site. It will take a little while to get it up and running, but it should be awesome when they are done ...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a7390712e9901a78

#71 8 years ago

Well I hope it all works out
    can only imagine trying to get everybody on the same page from around the world.
    the system 11 section on the old site went on forever a friend of mine downloaded it to paper and it was like a book

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 269.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 9.10
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Lit Frames
    $ 233.10
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside