Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by tedge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I have gotten a response from the person who supposedly published those documents denying permission to distribute them even for nothing. I don't need legal trouble.

I guess this is why the web archive sites have also removed them. It woulda been nice to get them on the $10 CD first offered then pulled (I ordered one). Maybe he will do something like that eventually.

Mucho mega thanks go out to gweempose who spent all that bandwidth and time sending me the 350MB zip file and (memory fails me) who sent them in word and other formats.

#2 12 years ago

Wow...that is sad BD but thanks for your efforts. Im sure we would all pay a fair price for this info if the party ever chose to make it available in that form. After all, we are not here to make a profit in any sense, we just want to be able to have the knowledge to repair our games and keep them in the best possible condition. If it is the person I am thinking of then my thoughts are he has done so much already for the pinball community and even though I am saddened by this news I respect his decision.

#3 12 years ago

Thanks for trying BD. Sometimes I think all the info on this site could do as well. I'm trying to think of a problem with one of my pins that I couldn't solve with all the help right here and I can't think of any right now.

#4 12 years ago

You know the hobby is fun but when it gets non- fun or un - fun like with legal/ lawyer crap
    it's better off not going down that path- just my 2 cents

#5 12 years ago

I'm really kind of shocked that anyone would care at this point if the information is being shared amongst Pinsiders. It's not like any of us were trying to profit from it. We were simply sharing information that has been freely available for years. Did the person happen to mention specifically why they don't want it being distributed? Unless they are planning on selling it themselves, it just seems kind of jerky to me.

#6 12 years ago

I have the first two chapters of the site printed out for my 4yo son's Pb i got him. But now the ones i really need are gone and im stuck with a 4yo wanting to play pinball and he cant.

Wish these documents would come back online free or be able to purchase them. It is like we dont have a choice now $200.00 mpu or hire someone to come fix it IF you can find someone. Anyone wanna help a dad out and let the new kids relive what the dads lived?

#7 12 years ago

I have a link that has it all, nicely converted to PDF.

Is it ok to post the link?

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shane300zx:

I have the first two chapters of the site printed out for my 4yo son's Pb i got him. But now the ones i really need are gone and im stuck with a 4yo wanting to play pinball and he cant. []

Wish these documents would come back online free or be able to purchase them. It is like we dont have a choice now $200.00 mpu or hire someone to come fix it IF you can find someone. Anyone wanna help a dad out and let the new kids relive what the dads lived?

What game are you having trouble with? what type of board?

#11 12 years ago

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7dhiqw

If the link isn't allowed for any reason, I'd appreciate a mod deleting it.

It's a great collection from a pinball user that converted everthing to PDF from the pinrepair site. It's also got a ton of other resources in it.

#14 12 years ago

Id be kinda weiry of posting a link to that guys stuff id hate for the precious information you guys have stumbled onto to get yanked from us again! One time is bad enough but twice would kill me and probably many others. Pinmike im not sure at this time I got the pin from a friend that was gonna throw it away because he hadnt played in years and one day he went out anf turned it on and up in smoke it went. When i got it flash forward about 5-10 years of sitting there covered in chicken poop and god knows what else cause it was in a barn. He was gonna load it up and take it to a dump. I told him like hell you are and how much to put it on my truck. Long story short i found clays site and worked on it non stop for 2 weeks to make it run right sort of. Talking 12-14 hours a day so i could see my sons face when he walked in the first time.

Needless to say i got it working just in time for his birthday and took video of the event and clays site was still up and all was working good. Went to turn it on in may and the u coil was not closing. Got it to close and got a warm greeting to pop bumpers locking and fuse blown. Was like no problem got that handy web site to go to but no,GONE i was like oh no! BTW my avatar is him the first time he got to play it.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shane300zx:

Id be kinda weiry of posting a link to that guys stuff id hate for the precious information you guys have stumbled onto to get yanked from us again! One time is bad enough but twice would kill me and probably many others. Pinmike im not sure at this time I got the pin from a friend that was gonna throw it away because he hadnt played in years and one day he went out anf turned it on and up in smoke it went. When i got it flash forward about 5-10 years of sitting there covered in chicken poop and god knows what else cause it was in a barn. He was gonna load it up and take it to a dump. I told him like hell you are and how much to put it on my truck. Long story short i found clays site and worked on it non stop for 2 weeks to make it run right sort of. Talking 12-14 hours a day so i could see my sons face when he walked in the first time.

Needless to say i got it working just in time for his birthday and took video of the event and clays site was still up and all was working good. Went to turn it on in may and the u coil was not closing. Got it to close and got a warm greeting to pop bumpers locking and fuse blown. Was like no problem got that handy web site to go to but no,GONE i was like oh no! BTW my Avatar is him the first time he got to play it.

I will help you out and would like for you and your son to be happy and Hopefully get
    Black hole up and running for both of you to enjoy..PM your info and i will be more than
    happy to send you all the parts that i have for Black Hole.

#22 12 years ago

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You guys are great! I have been searching for a pin form for sometime and i found my home. Mike, I can not say enough good things about you. Thankyou again over and over.

#23 12 years ago

That's really awesome of you, Mike!

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's really awesome of you, Mike! []

Thanks,Thats what this hobby should be about help each other out and i want
    to put a smile on that kids face

#28 12 years ago

Firebaal: Idon't get what I'm supposed to do with the link you posted above? I thought I was downloading it, but ended up with something called iLivid download manager? What have I missed here?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinrepair-doc-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.