Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2629 (resized).PNG
    Screenshot_20161206-183715 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20161206-183709 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20161206-183704 (resized).png
    IMG_1038 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0738 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0987 (resized).PNG
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_2016-11-03-09-11-15 (resized).png
    pohigh (resized).jpg
    IMG_0297 (resized).PNG
    PinOut Highscore (resized).png

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

There's a cool new free app featured on the Apple App store this week called PinOut. It is a level based pinball machine. There's even a video mode. I've only played it a couple of times, but it is kind of addictive. Just wanted to mention it in case anyone missed it.

#2 7 years ago

Looks cool!! Thanks I'll be checking it out.

#3 7 years ago

Apparently you have to pay to save your progress. $1.99. Might be worth it, but I hate paying for apps.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Apparently you have to pay to save your progress. $1.99. Might be worth it, but I hate paying for apps.

You hate paying for someone's hard work?

Marc

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

You hate paying for someone's hard work?
    Marc

No. But for some reason I have this irrational thing about apps. I'll pay $4 for a cup of coffee, thousands of dollars for a pinball machine, but don't like paying 99 cents for an app. It's stupid and makes no sense. I'm probably conditioned with all of the free apps out there. Anyway, I paid for it in this case. It's pretty cool, and you can't really get very far without paying.

#6 7 years ago

I'm fine with paying for apps, as long as it is a one time charge. Apps like TPA annoy me, as you're paying every time they release a new pin. To have everything, the app ends up costing $100+, and your purchases don't port over if you switch phones. ie: IOS to Android

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for posting. Downloaded it last night, and start playing it. Really cool, and different. An endless pinball table.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

No. But for some reason I have this irrational thing about apps. I'll pay $4 for a cup of coffee, thousands of dollars for a pinball machine, but don't like paying 99 cents for an app. It's stupid and makes no sense. I'm probably conditioned with all of the free apps out there. Anyway, I paid for it in this case. It's pretty cool, and you can't really get very far without paying.

Sign up for Google Rewards surveys, if you're on android. Little 15-20 second surveys a few times a week about places you've been. 20-80 cents per survey. I pay for almost ALL of my mobile game content either partially or in full with credit from these.

#9 7 years ago

Wow, that's a really fun app. Very similar to their Smash Hit game which my son and I like.

Best score at lunch so far: 3644.

#10 7 years ago

Downloaded and played it once so far. Really cool, definitely worth a download. Currently just running the free version. Thanks for posting about it!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wow, that's a really fun app. Very similar to their Smash Hit game which my son and I like.
    Best score at lunch so far: 3644.

I immediately thought of Smash Hit while playing this game, it's not surprising that they made this one.

The physics are far from perfect, but it's a fun game. It threw me off the first couple games because of the subtle slow down the ball makes when it reaches a flipper. It's also nice that you can cradle the ball on every flipper.

But man when you screw up bad it's deflating watching the ball roll back down a couple Playfield lengths.

I had enough fun in the first couple games to justify the purchase, gotta give credit where credit is due.

#12 7 years ago

Loving this game, thanks for posting. High score so far after reaching checkpoint #8 and Overtime: 8818

PinOut Highscore (resized).pngPinOut Highscore (resized).png

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The physics are far from perfect, but it's a fun game.

I actually think the physics are a good balance for what it is. I'm able to post pass and cradle the ball. The slings work well. At the same time, it keeps the fun up by allowing you to continue to advance forward with shots that somehow hit the correct ramp even though they may have missed in real life.

#14 7 years ago

Definitely a fun game, like their others. Great game developers, this lot.

Thanks for pointing it out!

#15 7 years ago

Seems like a fun app. It's $2.79 Canadian though!

#16 7 years ago

Just downloaded. It's cool. It's like a training regimen for hitting ramps!

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Stubbs:

Seems like a fun app. It's $2.79 Canadian though!

Free to play, pay to continue from unlocked sections, just like their other game Smash Hit. I haven't paid for either. Still great fun!

Quoted from mswhat:

It's like a training regimen for hitting ramps!

Totally! What kind of bothers me sometimes, though are those little stop strips that slow down the ball before it gets to the flipper. I'm too used to real pinball and timing the shot on the roll, those strips really mess with my head sometimes!

Love the soundtrack, too. Completely custom for the game, awesome stuff. I'm not an EDM guy at all, but these songs are great.

Here's my high so far…

IMG_0297 (resized).PNGIMG_0297 (resized).PNG

#18 7 years ago

Updated high score:

pohigh (resized).jpgpohigh (resized).jpg

#19 7 years ago

Nice scores. I find myself playing the levels again from the beginning (even though I paid for the ability to continue) just to build up as much time as possible. Still, I think my high score is between 9,000 and 10,000. Kind of like for real pinball, I'm just an average player.

#20 7 years ago

Broke 10k. Fun time waster!

Screenshot_2016-11-03-09-11-15 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-11-03-09-11-15 (resized).png

#21 7 years ago

Looks like a blast!

#22 7 years ago

Getting higher.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#23 7 years ago

A friend at work turned me on to this game. Quite fun.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Getting higher.

Why does it say "mediocre"? You're score is anything but that. It is like the game is taunting you . . . .

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Why does it say "mediocre"? You're score is anything but that. It is like the game is taunting you . . . .

Mediocre is probably the developing company name

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

Mediocre is probably the developing company name

Oh yeah. You're right. It says that when the app opens.

#27 7 years ago

I don't know why somebody would name their company mediocre, it seems like it would just breed mediocre games from the get go

#28 7 years ago

It helps practice and basic skills for new players, even if the physics are not entirely accurate. Provides general interest in pinball too.

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chosen_S:

I don't know why somebody would name their company mediocre, it seems like it would just breed mediocre games from the get go

"Mediocre is our company watchword, all the good names were already taken."

#30 7 years ago

Thanks for posting. Fun little app. Some of the gameplay + music is quite "Tronlike"

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Thanks for posting. Fun little app. Some of the gameplay + music is quite "Tronlike"

this would be a great mini game in Tron

1 week later
    #32 7 years ago

My highest score

IMG_0987 (resized).PNGIMG_0987 (resized).PNG

2 weeks later
    #33 7 years ago

Anyone playing this still and reach the end?

#34 7 years ago

IMG_0738 (resized).PNGIMG_0738 (resized).PNG

#35 7 years ago

Is there an end, or does the infinity level just go on forever, constantly repeating the earlier levels?

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Is there an end, or does the infinity level just go on forever, constantly repeating the earlier levels?

It doesn't go forever... as you can't earn any additional time, so you it only goes as long as the time you've earned to the point of the last level.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from roar:

It doesn't go forever... as you can't earn any additional time, so you it only goes as long as the time you've earned to the point of the last level.

Right, but I figured you could always try to improve your time on earlier levels to go even further. I realize there is a finite limit to it, but you would have to play an absolutely perfect game to reach it.

#38 7 years ago

How did you get such a high score? I can run through the DOT levels perfect and run out of time around the 13-14K mark.

Does paying for the AP enable higher scores?

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

How did you get such a high score? I can run through the DOT levels perfect and run out of time around the 13-14K mark.
    Does paying for the AP enable higher scores?

I haven't paid for it, this is just the free version. I think I may have reached the end....?

#40 7 years ago

Seriously. I can get to the infinity level with over 5 minutes of spare time left and can only get to about 13K something or rather. How the hell did you get so far?

Also, I'd really like to see them make a modification to this so it can be played in a VP cab. Now that would be trick!

#41 7 years ago

If ye get good at the bonus laser racer game the points can soar.

#42 7 years ago

its kinda fun!!

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

My highest is ~70 in the laser racer game and all it did was add 70 seconds to my time; no points. Like Miguel351, I have over 5 minutes of time on the overtime level but cannot get scores above 13k.

#44 7 years ago

Have you found all 4 video modes? At least I've only found 4. 1 is the hidden commuter mode.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from zaphod:

That's a good point, and it suggests that the infinity round theoretically really could keeping going on and on and on without limit, if you amass enough extra time through the video modes.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from aobrien5:

1 is the hidden commuter mode.

Where is that?

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Where is that?

I'd know it if I saw it... Somewhere around level 6. You have to shoot into a cave on the right when there are only displayed shots on the left.

I'll try to get there again and get a screenshot.

#48 7 years ago

It's in level 3, the one after the all-orange level, on the right-hand side, covered up, but there's a passage you can shoot into on the right side of it. It's the Commuter game. I think there's another one somewhere else, too, but I have yet to find it.

The level numbering is kind of weird. The first level is actually just called ">", like it's a training level or something, then it's 1, 2, 3, etc…
    Why not just start at 1?

#49 7 years ago

Screenshot_20161206-183704 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161206-183704 (resized).png

Screenshot_20161206-183709 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161206-183709 (resized).png

Screenshot_20161206-183715 (resized).pngScreenshot_20161206-183715 (resized).png

#50 7 years ago

Nice! An Easter egg. I'll have to try it.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinout-free-app?hl=stubbs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.