Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by SGSA
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

330_004_PP1_DCS_kit_100x75 (resized).png
    MAC for WB Prototype Rev A (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Recently purchased sub kits and mixer from pinnovators. Exc customer service and a great product. Highly recommend if you havent already used their products

#2 4 years ago

I have their headphone jack kits on all my games. Great products!

#3 4 years ago

I cant believe how good customer service is. Immediate response. Iron maiden with a woofer cranked up is incredible!!

#4 4 years ago

I concur. Have bought two line out boards
    and works great with all my questions answered
    promptly. It's a must have for me to run my audio
    through my sound system in my gameroom. Blows
    people away .

#5 4 years ago

Does anyone know if their older style headphone-only jack can be swapped out to the one that can control the main game volume as well?

#6 4 years ago

Great to be able to run 4 WPC's thru 1 sub. And all are individually adjustable.
    Love it.

#7 4 years ago

I just logged into PinSide and found this wonderful thread! It's always great to hear positive things about our product and customer service! Thank you all! We are a small business and do our best to deliver a great product, included in that is customer service. Customer service seems to be a lost art. If you ever reach out to us and don't hear back, message again, maybe we didn't get the original message. We try to reply as quick as we can.

You all put a smile on our face today and it's a rainy dreary day here in Massachusetts so thank you!

~Sandra

P.S. We are expanding our headphone kit line and we will be announcing compatibility with more machines within the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Does anyone know if their older style headphone-only jack can be swapped out to the one that can control the main game volume as well?

I'll be messaging you shortly so look in your PinSide mail for a message from me.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from SGSA:

P.S. We are expanding our headphone kit line and we will be announcing compatibility with more machines within the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!

Good news!
    I tell everyone to get the headphone kit with external volume control. It's one of the first mods I do when I buy a game. Excellent products!

#10 4 years ago

I've bought lots of headphone kits, sub mixers, and sub taps from them. Always a great product with no problems/issues.

Now ... where is that interactive Hobbit topper! Just kidding ... I know it died. But sounded so promising ...

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I've bought lots of headphone kits, sub mixers, and sub taps from them. Always a great product with no problems/issues.
    Now ... where is that interactive Hobbit topper! Just kidding ... I know it died. But sounded so promising ...

Thank you for the positive feedback

Regarding Hobbit Topper, it did die. It was a slow death, it took us time to figure out it had died but it surely did . We had to focus on other things. I do like a good topper! I know not everyone likes toppers but I am certainly a fan as you must be too.

3 weeks later
    #12 4 years ago

I bought my first PINsub product for my Elvira and wanted to share how good the product is. For background, all my games are currently hooked up with alligator clips running from the cabinet speaker to the Polk psw10 subs. The install of the pinnovators product is literally about 2 mins. Plug into the game’s board, run wire to external sub. I was skeptical that I’d hear any difference, but it was clearly obvious with deep and cleaner bass. It’s hard to explain, but it’s like hooking a sound system up with a cheap pair of speakers vs a good pair, you definitely notice. The downside here is that now I have one, I want it for all my games. Not only that, but customer service is great, very responsive helping me get what I need.

#13 4 years ago

I have their headphone mods on all my pins except my RZ!!! Definitely worth doing!!!!

#14 4 years ago

Like the sub kits also.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I bought my first PINsub product for my Elvira and wanted to share how good the product is. For background, all my games are currently hooked up with alligator clips running from the cabinet speaker to the Polk psw10 subs. The install of the pinnovators product is literally about 2 mins. Plug into the game’s board, run wire to external sub. I was skeptical that I’d hear any difference, but it was clearly obvious with deep and cleaner bass. It’s hard to explain, but it’s like hooking a sound system up with a cheap pair of speakers vs a good pair, you definitely notice. The downside here is that now I have one, I want it for all my games. Not only that, but customer service is great, very responsive helping me get what I need.

@lermods, thank you for the kind words! We are always happy to hear feedback on our products! We work hard on making sure we have easy to install quality products!

~Sandra

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have their headphone mods on all my pins except my RZ!!! Definitely worth doing!!!!

hawkmoon - I don't have all the pin abbreviations down but if RZ is referring to Rob Zombie by Spooky, I thought I'd let you know that we have a headphone kit in the works that is going to work with Spooky machines! Yay! Feel free to message us or email us with any questions you may have.

Thanks.

~Sandra

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from SGSA:

hawkmoon - I don't have all the pin abbreviations down but if RZ is referring to Rob Zombie by Spooky, I thought I'd let you know that we have a headphone kit in the works that is going to work with Spooky machines! Yay! Feel free to message us or email us with any questions you may have.
    Thanks.
    ~Sandra

Awesome! I’d love one for my AMH.

#18 4 years ago

SGSA - Are you guys planning on blue tooth option anytime soon?

#19 4 years ago

Wow,Thank-you!! Look forward to using your Headphone kit on my R&M when they start coming!!!! Be ready

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

Wow,Thank-you!! Look forward to using your Headphone kit on my R&M when they start coming!!!! Be ready

Absolutely! We are hoping we'll be ready by the end of January. Thankfully R&M machines will probably be rolling out at a pace a small boutique company like ours can keep up with .

There will be couple versions of the headphone kit and they will work with Spooky and American Pinball. Once you (and anyone else interested) get your machine if you send us a picture of your Lepy (or Lepai) amplifier that will help us out

You can email us at [email protected]

Thank you!

~Sandra

#21 4 years ago

I had an old receiver & speakers set in storage... connected with the pinnovator woofer kit. Holy Crap, what an upgrade.

#22 4 years ago

Just installed two mixers, which allow 4 games to be controlled at once, and 8 sub kits (three cgc, two JJP, 2 SAM and 1 spike) Very nice products with great sound. I went from having to use 4 psw10 external subs to just two. That's almost $200 in savings right there.

Took me about 2.5 hours to do it all and most of that time was spent moving games and getting access. The install per game is less than 5 mins.

#23 4 years ago

Nice. Which mixers did you use?

Quoted from Lermods:

Just installed two mixers, which allow 4 games to be controlled at once, and 8 sub kits (three cgc, two JJP, 2 SAM and 1 spike) Very nice products with great sound. I went from having to use 4 psw10 external subs to just two. That's almost $200 in savings right there.
    Took me about 2.5 hours to do it all and most of that time was spent moving games and getting access. The install per game is less than 5 mins.

#24 4 years ago

The mixers come with the kit

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bearcat:

Nice. Which mixers did you use?

Hello @bearcat!

Lermods is referring to the Pinnovators PINsmx (link below).

The PINsmx ($65) allows you to connect up to 4 machines to one subwoofer. You also need one of our PINsub ($35) kits for each machine. It saves money and saves space! Less clutter under your machines.

Here is an example, I'll use 4 machines. Rather than a sub for each machine which would be a minimum of $356 (plus tax and shipping), assuming you get a good deal on a polk for $89/each. Today on Amazon they range from $96 to $129, this includes used.

With the Pinnovators setup, you would do 1 PINsmx and 4 PINsub kits for a total of $200 (plus shipping, ~$10). Minimum savings $156.

Hopefully that made sense. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks.

~Sandra
    www.pinnovators.com

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lounge:

sgsa - Are you guys planning on blue tooth option anytime soon?

Our engineer had spent some time looking into designing one but decided against it. You can always plug a bluetooth transmitter into our kits to make it wireless. If you have any questions about it don't hesitate to reach out to us. Also, if you have any ideas we are always open to hearing from people.

Thanks!

~Sandra

#27 4 years ago

Installed 2 more Pinnovator kits today. Awesome product and service!

#28 4 years ago

We just started a new thread about our upcoming Headphone Kit compatible with machines from Spooky and American Pinball. Check it out if you are wanting a kit for one of their machines.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinnovators-hp-kit-for-spooky-american-pinball-vp-cabs#post-5407597

6 months later
    #29 3 years ago

New product coming soon…

It’s been a while since we’ve posted and I wanted to give an update on a new product that is in development.

Our JJP MAC (Master Audio Control) panel is very popular. The JJP MAC allows you to control the system volume on your JJP machines without opening the coin door. We have had tons of requests over the years for one for other systems, especially Williams/Bally and CGC games. Over the last couple of years, our engineer MarkA has spent time here and there trying to design one but it's a more complicated design than the one for the JJP machines and it would get bumped down the list. Well, MarkA has finally been able to spend some quality time working on designing one for Williams/Bally and CGC games. Check out our blog post (link below) for more information. We’ll be updating it as we make progress.

For those of you without a DBA plate we are working on a solution for you as well!

Feel free to make suggestions and let us know if there are any other features you have really wanted.

Here is a link to the blog post https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/blogs/pinnovators-news/youve-been-asking-and-asking-and-asking-its-coming-soon

~Sandra
    Pinnovators

MAC for WB Prototype Rev A (resized).jpgMAC for WB Prototype Rev A (resized).jpg
    #30 3 years ago

Is it possible for Mark to make the exterior volume control with a headphone jack included? Similar to what you did on your Spooky kit? That would seem to be the kit with all the perfect coin door additions.

I would definitely be a buyer for a couple of those!

#31 3 years ago

Hello Rich, Calfdemon - that will be next ! That is going to be a bit more of a challenge.

The big challenge for even designing a MAC was with the Williams/Bally machines you can only change the system volume with the coin door open. As soon as the coin door closes they cut off that option. We have had the MAC available with a headphone kit on Stern machines for a few years now but were held back on getting it done on the Williams/Bally machines. Mark has finally made the time and figured it out so we are definitely getting there! We'll be able to do a "MAC only" sooner than adding it to the headphone panels we already have. The reason for that is that the area available to put controls is very small compared to on the plate used on current Stern, Spooky and American Pinball machines. As you can see in the attached picture there isn't much room at all! I try telling Mark how I think it should "look" where the buttons should be but there are these silly constraints on the engineering side with how much space things take "behind"!

330_004_PP1_DCS_kit_100x75 (resized).png330_004_PP1_DCS_kit_100x75 (resized).png
    3 weeks later
    #32 3 years ago

We are making progress on our new MAC for Williams/Bally machines. Check out our blog post for our most recent update https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/blogs/pinnovators-news/youve-been-asking-and-asking-and-asking-its-coming-soon

1 year later
    #33 2 years ago

SGSA hello, I have the Pinpac8-pinsound and it’s not turning the main speakers off. I can hear sound through both headphones & speakers but the switch doesn’t seem to be working. Any ideas?

1 week later
    #34 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

SGSA hello, I have the Pinpac8-pinsound and it’s not turning the main speakers off. I can hear sound through both headphones & speakers but the switch doesn’t seem to be working. Any ideas?

Just seeing this now. Sorry about that. I am hoping you are the person who contacted us last week. If not, just email me and let me know and we can get it solved. My email address is sales @ pinnovators dot com
    ~Sandra

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from SGSA:

Hello Bearcat!
    Lermods is referring to the Pinnovators PINsmx (link below).
    The PINsmx ($65) allows you to connect up to 4 machines to one subwoofer. You also need one of our PINsub ($35) kits for each machine. It saves money and saves space! Less clutter under your machines.

Question about the PINsmx, can you play multiple games at once using the same unit & subwoofer? I.e. Do the signals all come out of the sub at the same time and does that sound OK?

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

Question about the PINsmx, can you play multiple games at once using the same unit & subwoofer? I.e. Do the signals all come out of the sub at the same time and does that sound OK?

I have my GnR and Wonka hooked up to one sub. They are often played simultaneously and it sounds great.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from JLebowski:

The answer is yes you can play up to 5 machines at the same time using one PINsmx II and a PINsub for each machine. Here is a link to the FAQ page for the PINsmx II that may answer some other questions that pop up. https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/pinsmx-faq

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

~Sandra

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinnovators?hl=sgsa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.