Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by lllvjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Help decide where the Master volume control buttons should go on our new Stern headphone kit design. On the left side or on the right side?”

• I like the Buttons on the left side 5 votes
      36%
    • I like the Buttons on the right side 9 votes
      64%

(14 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0130.JPG
    PP2+1_Right_2_lowres.JPG
    PP2+_left_1_lowres.JPG
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi guys, we were asked to add controls on our kit for the cabinet speaker volume by guys here on pinside, so I figured we would ask which layout people prefer. This current set up will be for Stern games only right now. We will still be using our current new board design, same ground wire static protection, heavy duty volume pot, mute switch and quality headphone jack. We can move our design left or right to make room for a up and down master volume control. This will allow you to adjust the game volume with out opening the coin door, and still have controls for the headphone volume as well. We sampled a assortment of buttons and chose one that will last compared to some cheap ones that only guaranty a few thousand pushes. Anyway the poll is up top. There will be little a increase in cost for this kit so we will still carry the standard PinPac 2 for Stern games as well.

#2 10 years ago

Pics

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Left side, on the right looks cluttered with the other controls. BTW, great idea, looks great!

Regards

Mike

#4 10 years ago

Right side. Looks more organized.

#5 10 years ago

Here are some smaller pictures..

PP2+_left_1_lowres.JPGPP2+_left_1_lowres.JPG PP2+1_Right_2_lowres.JPGPP2+1_Right_2_lowres.JPG

#6 10 years ago

Top one is more visually pleasing

#7 10 years ago

Not that I really would care I don't think but right side puts all the controls together, I like it slightly better next to the headphone volume.

#8 10 years ago

This is a really good upgrade to an already great product. It almost makes me wish I would have waited before ordering. No wories - next time.

#9 10 years ago

I prefer the jack on the left. Less chance of the cable getting in the way of the buttons. Especially for those of us without right angle headphones. Any chance this will be available as an upgrade to early adopters?

#10 10 years ago

Cabinet volume button on the right I suppose.

100_0130.JPG100_0130.JPG

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I prefer the jack on the left. Less chance of the cable getting in the way of the buttons. Especially for those of us without right angle headphones. Any chance this will be available as an upgrade to early adopters?

Probably not with space on the original design being centered on the embossing.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinnovators-stern-all-in-one-design-headphone-kit-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.