Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-909.jpg
image-541.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1933.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I just installed the Stern Whitestar version of Pinnovators PinPac-1 headphone control panel in my Simpsons Pinball Party. It went super smooth and easy and only took maybe 10 minutes. Would have taken less time except I stopped to take pics along the way.

The control panel is professionally stamped and powder coated with the correct matching texture of the coin door so it looks factory. The panel replaces the dollar bill acceptor blank and is pre-assembled. The small PC board that connects to the header at CN4 looks professionally made as well with full silk screening of brand and components. Solidly built and with every single thing you need to install on your game including color printed instructions. This is no garage hack kit!

The control panel has an on/off switch, a 3.5mm stereo headphone jack and a volume control knob. Of course sound quality will depend on your headphones. The set of Sony headphones I used sound great and, no lie, I heard bass and other sounds with a clarity I never heard before.

Now, one may ask how often would you really need to use headphones while playing your games. In my case it was an easy answer. We practically live in our garage, much more than in the house itself Half of my games are in here as is my shop and office. Since I'm always out here my wife spends her time here as well so we have a TV also. Yeah, heres where the PinPac-1 comes in. She can watch her TV shows while I'm playing TSPP and she doesn't give me the evil eye anymore! Ever try to squeeze in a game during TV commercials? It totally sucks when you have to quit on a hot ball! Well sir, with the PinPac-1 you'll never have to do that again. If that isn't great testimony for the Pinnovators PinPac-1 I don't know what is!

DSCN1933.JPGDSCN1933.JPG

#2 11 years ago

This is awesome. Seriously awesome. Going to have to check these out.

#3 11 years ago

I love the look.

"Don't bother me, I'm playing"

#4 11 years ago

Nice review Cliffy....but where does the tourney button go?

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Nice review Cliffy....but where does the tourney button go?

LOL! You got me, Doug! Yeah I had to remove my tourney button plate. It's a one minute swap back in though should the need arise. Good call, good eye my friend

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

This is awesome. Seriously awesome. Going to have to check these out.

I guess I should have posted a link where to get them, huh? My bad

http://www.pinnovators.com/

#7 11 years ago

Well, looks like I am getting one. Didn't even know that existed.

Cool!

#8 11 years ago

TSPP has awesome sound...good game to try it out on....I wouldn't mind hearing "you're bottom line is impressive" and "Worst ball ever"....stupid failure!

#9 11 years ago

Super KEWL!!!!

#10 11 years ago

I love a good clean kit, but there's no way in hell I'm spending 150 to add a headphone jack to my STTNG. I've been wanting to figure this mod out for about 6 months, have done no research into it honestly, but knew it was only a matter of time before someone made a kit, but I'm still bummed about the price of these. I plan on figuring it out at some point and doing my own mod. For me, the question was how to do it without damaging anything in my existing games. Nobody could seem to answer how to pull the existing connections to a headphone jack when I asked before. Apparently at least a few people knew.

I think it would be *awesome* if they would sell a barebones kit sans all the bracketry and expensive stuff... I can provide and sleeve my own wires. I can crimp pins to make a connector. I can figure out how to wire a switch to cut off the sound to the cabinet speakers or not...and I can wire up a pot in an alternate location. About the only thing I can't do is create a PCB or make it look professional.... and I'm clearly too lazy to figure out the electrical engineering to make sure that my headphones don't explode when I plug them into the output from the sound boards, and definitely too broke to pay to make the guts of the machine look pretty when it doesn't matter to me.

1 year later
#11 10 years ago

Just ordered a kit for my TSPP!

#12 10 years ago

Wow old thread revival. Needs updating then. We carry four different models now. All with our built in mute switch. Our newest has master volume controls that allows stern game volume control with out opening the coin door.
image-909.jpgimage-909.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-541.jpgimage-541.jpg

#13 10 years ago

Try plugging an external speaker/sub into the headphone jack.

#14 10 years ago

When I run low on Sam board connectors and rerun them I may had a sub audio out on that board. People won't have to use alligator clips anymore

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
$ 16.00
$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Springfield, MO
$ 218.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinnovators-pinpac-1-in-tspp-cool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.