Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Arcade
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 41 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Amber_Ironman2_(resized).jpeg
Amber_Ironman._(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
got_audio_2_(resized).jpg
got_audio_(resized).jpg
IMGA0162[1]_(resized).JPG
GB_red_Leg_Light-Ups_3_(resized).jpg
Blue_Leg_Light-Ups_on__Stern_Star_Trek_(resized).jpg
Green_WOZ_Leg_Light-Up_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1944_(resized).JPG
IMG_1943_(resized).JPG
IMG_1942_(resized).JPG
IMG_1941_(resized).JPG
IMG_1940_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

I mod a lot because I enjoy it and I feel strongly that games you're keeping for years should look great. I have pinnovators headphone jacks and modfather on all my games (and custom coated and/chrome doors on all my games too) I also enjoy the immersion of headphones and so does my wife.

just posting some pics to show pinnovators and modfather Rock! I really love the way the yellow and white came out on xmen and avengers. get coating, send plate to pinnovators for stamping.

don't judge me on iron man... I need to get another plate coated red then send back to pinnovators

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 3 years ago

Awesome.
I also have Pinnovators and Modfather shooter rods on all of my games.
However none of mine are chrome or powder coated. Maybe some day.
Those look awesome.

#4 3 years ago

All color combos really pop. Nice looking flask holders too.

#5 3 years ago

I agree. I've only owned two games and I bought Pinnovators for both of them (LOTR and now GOTPremium). The only niggle is that with the GOTPre the "volume buttons" to control the speaker volume don't work. Headphone volume if fine.

I also believe that I had the first Modfather-produced GOTPremium rod. I had asked him to create one especially for this game because I wanted a knob that reflected the Premium's blue/black/silver color scheme. It's pretty awesome!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

All color combos really pop. Nice looking flask holders too.

thanks Jeff, did you see my email? my TWDLE is tragically missing a piece and you have one...

raisin, awesome, most of those rods were my custom request to modfather as well. we are dudes who know what we want!

#7 3 years ago

looks great!
my only question is the placement of the pin gulps
mounted like that dont they get in your way when you play?
I have mine mounted to the outside of the cab not the front

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I agree. I've only owned two games and I bought Pinnovators for both of them (LOTR and now GOTPremium). The only niggle is that with the GOTPre the "volume buttons" to control the speaker volume don't work. Headphone volume if fine.
I also believe that I had the first Modfather-produced GOTPremium rod. I had asked him to create one especially for this game because I wanted a knob that reflected the Premium's blue/black/silver color scheme. It's pretty awesome!

Shooting u a pm... If we can't figure out the issue we will replace it.

#9 3 years ago

Very cool! I'd love to see a lineup photo if you have one.

I routinely install Pinnovators headphone jack/audio control units on all my new games - great products and great customer service too!

#10 3 years ago

He is the Greatest!
Most of Mine have been custom Requests!!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#11 3 years ago

Morr Rods!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Wow , nice pics....keepum comin....

Here you go. Big thanks to the Modfather for all of these.

IMG_1939_(resized).JPG

IMG_1940_(resized).JPG

IMG_1941_(resized).JPG

IMG_1942_(resized).JPG

IMG_1943_(resized).JPG

IMG_1944_(resized).JPG

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I mod a lot because I enjoy it and I feel strongly that games you're keeping for years should look great. I have pinnovators headphone jacks and modfather on all my games (and custom coated and/chrome doors on all my games too) I also enjoy the immersion of headphones and so does my wife.
just posting some pics to show pinnovators and modfather Rock! I really love the way the yellow and white came out on xmen and avengers. get coating, send plate to pinnovators for stamping.
don't judge me on iron man... I need to get another plate coated red then send back to pinnovators

Outstanding looking games. If I may suggest my Leg Light-Ups and Beatmasters shooter housing light up. They would really make the front of your games explode with color and light.

Green_WOZ_Leg_Light-Up_(resized).jpeg

Blue_Leg_Light-Ups_on__Stern_Star_Trek_(resized).jpg

GB_red_Leg_Light-Ups_3_(resized).jpg

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Wow , nice pics....keepum comin....

Here's my real gold leaf Modfather shooter (a custom request) on my Avatar LE.

IMGA0162[1]_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#16 3 years ago

An even cheaper headphone jack option is to just use the button blank on the cabinet front for a headphone jack. I drilled a hole into the button blank, and inserted the female jack of my 4' headphone extension cable through it and it's secured with a little epoxy. Just plug the headphones in and you're all set.

What's so special about the expensive Pinnovator option?

got_audio_(resized).jpg

got_audio_2_(resized).jpg

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

An even cheaper headphone jack option is to just use the button blank on the cabinet front for a headphone jack. I drilled a hole into the button blank, and inserted the female jack of my 4' headphone extension cable through it and it's secured with a little epoxy. Just plug the headphones in and you're all set.

Tone adjustment, headphone/cabinet audio select switch, volume control and easy solderless installation for almost any game.

Yes they ROCK!

#18 3 years ago

Sounds neat, but I'll stick with the cheap DIY option.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Description of my spike kit
-Ours let's your turn the headphone volume up and down with out losing the ball in play or having to open the coin door.
-Ours let's you turn the game volume up and down
-Ours has built in plug n play connection for hooking up a powered subwoofer
-ours is engineered and built on the factory door plate that comes in your games...
i actually like the location you went for the Jack .. Just doesn't let you have any controls of anything.
Our spike kit is $100 but that's what it does.
Thanks,
Lorenzo

image_(resized).png

#20 3 years ago

While it is nice Stern finally put a dedicated headphone jack on the main board I will still be buying Pinnovators for all my games.
They are the best and the easy Sub output is just icing in the cake.

#21 3 years ago

Took me a minute to figure out what the built in sub output was for. So you guys just connect the sub to this instead of attaching alligator clips to the sub's speaker cable and attaching to the bottom cabinet speaker?

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Took me a minute to figure out what the built in sub output was for. So you guys just connect the sub to this instead of attaching alligator clips to the sub's speaker cable and attaching to the bottom cabinet speaker?

Yes.

#23 3 years ago

Yeah, I can see how this is an attractive plug-n-play setup. Pretty slick!

#24 3 years ago

I installed the Pinnovators headphone jack system on 13 of my machines. Great system and really easy to install.

Blog Post : https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/mod-install-pinnovators-headphone-jack-installation/

Video Install:

#25 3 years ago

I love my pinnovators head phone jacks. When you have a party you mute the speakers and let everyone use headphones. Get the skull candy crushers headphones, they use a battery to boost the bass and you'll never go back. My only complaint is you have to twist the head phone jack to get a good connection.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

I love my pinnovators head phone jacks. When you have a party you mute the speakers and let everyone use headphones. Get the skull candy crushers headphones, they use a battery to boost the bass and you'll never go back. My only complaint is you have to twist the head phone jack to get a good connection.

I agree, I use my Beats headphones with the jack and they sound great. I have not had to twist the head phone jack to get a better connection. Hopefully that doesn't happen with the newer kits.

#27 3 years ago

Pinnovator's is a must - I add it to any machine I have. My wife sleeps late and I don't. Easy install and professional looking result.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from OldHarley:

Try a different set of headphones... If it still does it pm me and I'll get you a replacement

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Try a different set of headphones... If it still does it pm me and I'll get you a replacement

GREAT service.

2 weeks later
#30 3 years ago

someone asked for a lineup pic a while back in the post:

image_(resized).jpeg

the other three, met, TWDLE and TronLE are all kind of spread out

#31 3 years ago

So pimped out. I love it!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

You've got all 4 of those games pimp'd out real cood but have you thought about lighting lighting up the front of the games with beatmasters shooter housing and my leg light-ups. This is what Grinders IM looks like with amber color lights. Hope ya don't mind Grinder.

Amber_Ironman2_(resized).jpeg

#33 3 years ago

Hell no I don't mind! Thanks!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Hell no I don't mind! Thanks!

Thanks bud, your game looks sooooo killer.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Need to do powder coated hp kits on the two not done in the pic... What's up with those?

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Need to do powder coated hp kits on the two not done in the pic... What's up with those?

bad timing and planning on my part. some day will remedy...

#37 3 years ago

Just installed my first Spike kit on my Game of Thrones.
Did not notice when I ordered that for some reason they omitted the little flip switch on the front panel that immediately shuts off the game speakers.
Now we have to press the down volume button a ton of times to get the volume to zero and mute the game.
And then again to put the volume back to normal.
I would gladly trade those buttons to get the flip switch back.
I could care less about not having to open the coin door to change the cabinet volume.
Once I have it set where I like it, it tends to stay at that level for a long time.
Don't get me wrong. I love Pinnovators and have them on over 10 titles, but please tell me the flip switch is comming back soon.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Did not notice when I ordered that for some reason they omitted the little flip switch on the front panel that immediately shuts off the game speakers.
Now we have to press the down volume button a ton of times to get the volume to zero and mute the game.
I could care less about not having to open the coin door to change the cabinet volume.
Once I have it set where I like it, it tends to stay at that level for a long time.
Don't get me wrong. I love Pinnovators and have them on over 10 titles, but please tell me the flip switch is comming back soon.

The spike kit was done quickly to address the demand we had for the kit when it released....we had to lose the mute feature which we use on the mono system on all our other kits, but we still provided volume controls to lower the sound to zero...The stereo set up required a three pole switch and all our current are two... So I showed your request to mark... He will redesign the current spike kit this summer... Install may now require a power wire connection but should still be a simple install.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

The spike kit was done quickly to address the demand we had for the kit when it released....we had to lose the mute feature which we use on the mono system on all our other kits, but we still provided volume controls to lower the sound to zero...The stereo set up required a three pole switch and all our current are two... So I showed your request to mark... He will redesign the current spike kit this summer... Install may now require a power wire connection but should still be a simple install.

Thanks for the reply.
I will certainly be in line for this when it comes out.
We use headphones a lot at my house with over a dozen games.
And pressing the volume down button 15 to 20 times is not fun.
I could even live with it if you could just hold the button down and it would zip down to zero really fast.

1 week later
#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I couldnt agree more. Pinnovators make a great product, and they stand behind their product. They helped me out with a problem I was having.. GREAT bunch of guys. Also, the volume control on a WOZ is mandatory!

1 month later
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Your opinion didn't go unheard... Mark just did a complete board redesign for spike... Coming very soon the mute button will be built into the spike kits. Instant quiet as you requested

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Your opinion didn't go unheard... Mark just did a complete board redesign for spike... Coming very soon the mute button will be built into the spike kits. Instant quiet as you requested

Best news ever.
Thanks for listening.
I just had some friends over last night and and one of them asked me how to mute Game of Thrones. lol
My Ghostbusters Premium is taking so long I may be able to sell the one I have not installed yet.
Or will you guys have some kind of trade in program?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wyandotte, MI
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside