(Topic ID: 5810)

Pinmails not private

By Brokedad

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_Netherlands_flag.gif
    Robin.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxpinduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4 12 years ago

Is the reading of the pinmails the basis for the withdrawal or is the content of the mail involved? I.e., is this a response to a matter of principle - Robin is viewing mail without notice that he may do so - or is there more to the story?

#6 12 years ago

+ 1 to kmoore's comment. I wouldn't think that any email exchange on someone else's server would be 100% private. Robin is responsible for moderating the site and moderating pinmail probably falls into that category - so long as that moderating involves looking for any illegal type activity and not discriminating against any particular member or abusing that sort of power.

#10 12 years ago

Understand your beef BD, and I think Robin should provide a disclaimer that pinmail isn't private, but I don't think that is worth abandoning the site and all of the people you have helped. Nothing prevents you from using pinmail to give someone your private email or contact info for offline communication. I'd rather not see you go - my two cents.

#13 12 years ago

Robin - from a legal perspective- I would recommend a short disclaimer on the bottom of everyone's pinmail page. Just my opinion, but I'm always big on disclosure in situations like this.

I would recommend that you both back away from the message boards for a day, play some pinball, cool off ... and hug it out bitches! Seriously - work it out. Differences of opinion do not mean you cannot coexist on this forum.

I also assume you two are dealing with each other over email which is a terrible way to resolve a problem. I'd suggest a phone call (skype anyone?) after you both take a day our two to reflect and cool down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pdxpinduck.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinmails-not-private?tu=pdxpinduck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.