8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

th_Netherlands_flag.gif
    Robin.jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Loupie:

Another Brick In The Wall. HEY TEACHER!!!

Quoted from Loupie:

Back in the USSR

Come on now... Are you just seeing how many replys you can make to this post with song quotes or what?

#52 8 years ago

Sorry BD ,, Robin ,, I'd Like to take Brokedad's Place as a Moderator !! I would Promise to Never Swear on Purpose , ( unless Provoked ) , Never to Talk or PM Anything Negative about this Forum.. And i would Gladly Fly the Netherlands Flag on my Pole. Do I have Any Nominees ?

th_Netherlands_flag.gif

#53 8 years ago

This is a disappointing turn of events. Gonna miss you (if that's what you decide) brokedad, but I am eternally grateful to robin for this great resource of a website that he has built, and I will continue to use, support, and endorse the pinside as the greatest pinball website on the planet.

#54 8 years ago

Thank you Robin for bringing the truth to light.... YET AGAIN another round of drama brought on by BD. a shame for sure.

So what else is new??

Sure, I'll nominate Black Rose if he wishes to be a mod.

cheers

#56 8 years ago

Thanks for the explanation Robin, good to know that the pinmail is as secure as you can expect forum mail to be.

#57 8 years ago

So I'm about to make an order for a bunch of LED's to deck out my Baywatch. I made sure to copy, paste, and save Brokedad's LED info posting(awesome BTW) to a txt file before it gets deleted.

#58 8 years ago

When listening to bits from each side, I feel this is a great site and will stay for a long time.

#59 8 years ago

Yawnnnn....Can we get back to Pinball talk sometime soon???

#60 8 years ago

Hey the garbage I've seen on another site is much worse,
    cool heads will prevail on Pinside -always have always will

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I think we as a community deserve a little more explanation about what went down. When one of our most prolific and helpful members is this upset, I think it's a pretty big deal.

I know that a lot of you are wondering what went down, the thing is that this was private conversation between BD and another member (and I don't want to copy its contents here). That other member then forwarded the conversation to me and after reading it I just had to act upon it. I can not accept one of the Pinside mods, representatives of the site, to e-mail threats of account deletion (without even consulting me), name-calling, swearing and more. After all, this is my site and I have certain principles I go by (always try to stay nice is one of them).

All this was never my intention (hell, I'm currently on a short holiday and have better things to do). So you might imagine that what BD did was serious enough for me to step in and confront him with it. Instead of talking with me about it, he has since been behaving erraric and completely irrational. Even when I tried to talk to him. Then he started to delete his own posts and to top it off throw some mud and accuse me of reading private messages. 

Look everyone, I'm not sure what happened to this once great dude, what I do know is that he has burned all his bridges and won't be coming back. 

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'd Like to take Brokedad's Place as a Moderator !! I would Promise to Never Swear on Purpose , ( unless Provoked ) , Never to Talk or PM Anything Negative about this Forum.. And i would Gladly Fly the Netherlands Flag on my Pole.

Candidacy noted, but we might have to do that in another topic

Quoted from dnhayden:

So I'm about to make an order for a bunch of LED's to deck out my Baywatch. I made sure to copy, paste, and save Brokedad's LED info posting(awesome BTW) to a txt file before it gets deleted.

As per his own request, I have now deleted Brokedad's account. This also means he won't be deleting any more content from the site.

#62 8 years ago

Thx Robin for the moment of clarity. I've not been a member of this site very long,however; I have always been treated with the utmost respect from members and site admin' as well so I'm sorry this has ended as badly for both of us (members and admin). BD I'm sure will be sorely missed in both camps, but I do respect your decisions as to the direction you must follow.

#63 8 years ago

I'll be honest, I kinda though B_R was already a mod.

He should be

#64 8 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Sorry BD ,, Robin ,, I'd Like to take Brokedad's Place as a Moderator !! I would Promise to Never Swear on Purpose , ( unless Provoked ) , Never to Talk or PM Anything Negative about this Forum.. And i would Gladly Fly the Netherlands Flag on my Pole. [8)] Do I have Any Nominees ?

But you killed Bambi????

#65 8 years ago

Robin's house, Robin's rules. If a guest to my house - even one as familiar - were to start up with another guest of my house - even in a side room - I think I'd have words as well. I probably would not have had words out in the open, but there would be words.

One of the things I love about this site above most I've seen for most any genre is the civility and lack of drama and trolls. Understandably this issue has high visibility largely because of the parties involved. However, it only has high visibility because it was made visible.

Frankly, the biggest shame would be any lost content.

IMHO, there's nothing to see here. Lets move along and play some pin

Just my opinion. YMMV

#66 8 years ago

I agree. Let's save the drama for next crappy Stern rock and roll machine. Will the trilogy (Elvis, Rolling Stones, and AC/DC) of mediocre machines be completed? To be continued...

#67 8 years ago

Just to clear the air slightly, I was the other party involved. I was looking into possible leaks when it became evident to me through his posting history that a lot of what he was posting was made up (having source code and WOZ #13 for two blatant examples). I contacted him to get some insight and was met with extreme hostility despite remaining calm (as Robin did when talking with him). I forwarded our conversation to Robin because, having lurked for a while, I could tell he was a stand-up guy, and I figured he'd like to know what was happening with a moderator of his.

No threats of any kind were made from me to bd (or Robin for that matter). I was just looking for some answers, and he doubled-down off the deep end. The fact that he would make the claim of this post despite being told by Robin the conversation was emailed to him speaks volumes.

It was not my intention for things to end like this for any party, but I certainly don't want Robin's name smeared in some contrived blaze of glory.

keith

#68 8 years ago

Keith, thanks for enlightening us! Between your post and robin's posts, I think it's safe to say that any lingering misgivings we had about the Pinside mail system have been thoroughly quashed. It's really a shame things had to go down like this, as it taints the legacy of one of our most cherished members. I certainly wish BD luck, and hope he finds peace with himself.

On the plus side, I just got bumped up to number three on the Karma rankings!

#69 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

On the plus side, I just got bumped up to number three on the Karma rankings! []

LOL !! Karma is Kool !! Let's Everyone Know who has been Busy .

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

On the plus side, I just got bumped up to number three on the Karma rankings!

And I made the list!

Now that everything has been resolved, let's put a pin (pun intended) in this and get back to pinball!

#71 8 years ago

Black Rose for President!

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

Pinside is in the heart of Texas.

yes yes it is

#73 8 years ago

Welcome to pinside pinball keefer! Its good to have an insider involved.I am really distressed about this episode and wish Brokedad good luck.I appreciate this site as i think it is the best pinball site.Thanks to Robin and all pinsiders.
    Lets put this behind us! Now back to pinball!!!!

Any details on code for WOZ that you can share Keith?

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

As per his own request, I have now deleted Brokedad's account. This also means he won't be deleting any more content from the site.

I've seen this once before on a gaming forum. A member went bonkers, and went through and edited his posts one by one (deleting the content). I considered it a kind of vandalism.

An option to think about using, is removing the edit function after a certain amount of time after the inital post. Say, a week or so. After a week the post becomes permanent, and cannot be edited by the user.

#75 8 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Welcome to pinside pinball keefer! Its good to have an insider involved.

I agree. As I'm sure Keith has noticed, we have a dedicated JJP forum on Pinside. I think it would be awesome for JJP to have an official presence here, and I can't think of a better ambassador.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

An option to think about using, is removing the edit function after a certain amount of time after the inital post. Say, a week or so. After a week the post becomes permanent, and cannot be edited by the user.

I like that, I will see if I can implement such a thing. Thanks for the suggestion!

#77 8 years ago

How about adding thread locks as well? For example, let's lock this one and get back to talking about pinball!

#78 8 years ago

Didn't expect this at all. Heck, I thought the whole boob joke a couple of months ago was settled, now this happens. Something's clearly not right with this guy, but at least everything is resolved now. Back to pinball!

#79 8 years ago

Im glad to hear the "other side" of it for sure. Keep up the hard work Robin.

#80 8 years ago

"jimmy crack corn and I don't care"

If I need something to be private I use my own email. I don't work for the CIA or NSA so my
    need for privacy is pretty much almost zero %.

I'm here for pinball, and pinball exclusively. When it stops being fun that's when you get out, which is what I think someone here did. He got out. His choice.

Anybody wanna buy a pinball machine?

#81 8 years ago
    Quoted from Firebaall:

An option to think about using, is removing the edit function after a certain amount of time after the inital post

I had suggested a similar approach for some other posts, but more as a moderator control than an automatic time-based control. I have seen quite a number of posts resurrected after more than a year with some great continuing content.

#82 8 years ago

Robin, thank you for taking the time to clarify the situation for us. And for assuring us that our pinmails have been and will remain private. Given the circumstances I definitely respect your decision to act and know you have the best interest of the site in mind. This is the BEST pinball site on the web and am thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of it. I Hate to have any drama here lets just move on and keep flipping!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    $ 26.95
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside