Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago

Every rock band (except Motorhead) has some ballads, so those would be the songs to avoid for a fast playing pinball.

Zep is probably thought of as the greatest band of all time (at least by old men), so what are their "pinball songs"?

Communication Breakdown
    Achilles Last Stand
    Immigrant Song
    Black Dog
    Livin' Lovin' Maid
    Over The Hills And Far Away (once it gets it's ass going)
    The Ocean
    The Rover
    The Song Remains The Same
    Traveling Riverside Blues
    Whole Lotta Love
    Heartbreaker

#52 10 years ago

I'd like to make a Pink Floyd list like that, but I could not come up with 12 uptempo songs.

Also, many Floyd songs need to be heard in context to be really good.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from cichlid:

I'd like to make a Pink Floyd list like that, but I could not come up with 12 uptempo songs.
    Also, many Floyd songs need to be heard in context to be really good.

Astronomy Domine
    Bike
    Corporal Clegg
    One Of These Days
    San Tropez
    On The Run
    Time
    Money
    The Happiest Days Of Our Lives / Another Brick In The Wall, part 2
    Young Lust
    Run Like Hell
    The Dogs Of War

There's twelve upbeat Pink Floyd songs right there, though I will freely admit that not all of them (I'm looking at you, Bike and Corporal Clegg) would really be usable in a pinball machine.

#54 10 years ago

I'd rather have a pinball table based solely on Syd era Floyd.

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

This would only work if you could change the laws of physics under the glass such that the ball would move at 25% of normal speed and if the cabinet had a built in auto-bong that you attach to your mouth to constantly inhale pot smoke.

the latter takes care of the former and voila: new physics!

#56 10 years ago

Pink Floyd pinball?? I see there is NO shortage of bad ideas on Pinside.

#57 10 years ago

I'm curious if Stern (or any company) has ever thought of an Aerosmith pin? They were very popular in their time, maybe a little late now. Also wonder if they would want too much $$$ or just not interested.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Pink Floyd has an easy dozen songs that are instantly recognizable.

And have been beat to Hell and back.

#59 10 years ago

Careful with that axe, EUGENE!!!

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

Astronomy Domine
    Bike
    Corporal Clegg
    One Of These Days
    San Tropez
    On The Run
    Time
    Money
    The Happiest Days Of Our Lives / Another Brick In The Wall, part 2
    Young Lust
    Run Like Hell
    The Dogs Of War
    There's twelve upbeat Pink Floyd songs right there, though I will freely admit that not all of them (I'm looking at you, Bike and Corporal Clegg) would really be usable in a pinball machine.

The 8-track of the Animals recording had a guitar solo that tied in Pigs on the Wing Parts I and II to make the 8-track a continuous play. This Gilmore guitar rif wasn't on the LP or cassette, that I am aware.
    Back in 1977, Animals was something coming out of a Radio Shack 8-track player in the middle of an Illinois field with my buddies and my 1954 Willys Jeep smoking and drinking and trying to molest little teenage girls. June 19th 1977 Sunday, Father's Day Soldiers Field, Animals tour, near 80,000 Floyd Fans watching floating pigs. Floyd is tough to beat. Van Halen would also make a great pin....JUMP!

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

And have been beat to Hell and back.

Not any more then AC/DC..... 12 songs, 3 chords.

Beat to hell and back bands are the only ones that will ever be made into a Pin from Stern. I would prefer a Primus pin, but I'm willing to bet to many people would say "who's Primus?"

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I would prefer a Primus pin

Better have a racecar toy in there.

#63 10 years ago

Yeah, they really had to mutilate some albums to make them fit onto 8-tracks. IIRC, the Animals 8-track was laid out like this:

track 1: Dogs (most of it)
    track 2: rest of Dogs, Pigs on the Wing part 1, Pigs on the Wing part 2 (connected by a solo that wasn't on any other format)
    track 3: Pigs (three different ones)
    track 4: Sheep

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

I like AC/DC and couldn't agree more. Most of their radio hits are waaaaayy overplayed.

#65 10 years ago

Floyd could offer a lot of playfield toys including the floating pigs, farmers, a block wall to blast through, a pyramid with a laser light activated with a prism beam illuminating across the playfield, and a big fat TEACHER as the main target to hit..."Hey Teacher--leave the those pinballers alone"!!!
    Done correctly, the Pink Flyd machine could be spectacular.

Add a HOLOGRAM of the band playing projected on the sidewall extended at an angle would be spectacular. The next step in rock and roll pinball....Holograms of the band playing the tune blasting away as you rock the box!! Syd Barrett would be proud. Bring on the hologram pinball machines

#66 10 years ago

A great mode would be "GREED" where Waters and Gillmore duke it out like two old misers.

#67 10 years ago

For real authenticity, a Pink Floyd pinball machine should have a round video display somewhere in the back center.

#68 10 years ago

I love pink Floyd and have for decades but we will never see a of themed pinball machine. I don't see how the music would fit well with the fast action...

#69 10 years ago

AC/DC over pink Floyd and day forever. The band PF ended decades ago.

#70 10 years ago

Spelling corrections:

Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Sid Barrett would be proud.

Syd

Quoted from vid1900:

A great mode would be "GREED" where Rogers and Gillmore duke it out like two old misers.

Waters and Gilmour

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Waters and Gilmour

fixed, LOL

#72 10 years ago

A classic Rock pin with all the great bands. Different modes activate different bands. I'm awful at deciding between favorites. This way I wouldn't have to!

Also...I think tearing down the wall during multiball would be better than building it during game play. AND it would need to come stock with a laser light show.

#73 10 years ago

You see what the #1 album is this week: BLACK SABBATH

http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

1 week later
    #74 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

I'm curious if Stern (or any company) has ever thought of an Aerosmith pin? They were very popular in their time, maybe a little late now. Also wonder if they would want too much $$$ or just not interested.

Only if they want to sell zero pins of a theme...

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Beat to hell and back bands are the only ones that will ever be made into a Pin from Stern. I would prefer a Primus pin, but I'm willing to bet to many people would say "who's Primus?"

My name is mud

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You see what the #1 album is this week: BLACK SABBATH
    http://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200

And is touring with ozzy this summer...hint hint stern

#77 10 years ago

Pink Floyd pin? I'm waiting for an original pretty boy Floyd pin with Tommy's mug on the playfield

10 months later
    #78 9 years ago

re-boot

just finished watching Pulse

AWESOME !

Floyd pinball would be cool

Run, Run, Run, !

#79 9 years ago

These would sell out quicker than the MMr's did in WA & CO .... ( that's not a cigar )

#80 9 years ago

If a Pink Floyd pin is made, it will have to have an amazing sound quality. Real stereo, maybe even a surround sound capable set up on the LE and Premium.

#81 9 years ago

As long as it has the new LSD screen.

3 years later
    #82 5 years ago

I know its an old post but... a Pink FLoyd PIn would be amazing. Look at Storm Thorngren's work - an amazing artist who did their album covers and much of the artwork on many of their projects.

Its a pipe dream I know... but imagine the possibilities. THe music would be insane... the art? OMG

Instead they make... Iron F'n Maiden
    SMH ...

#83 5 years ago

oof yeah PF would be tough outside of Money and Another brick in the wall. but those songs with clever pinball features would be pretty epic.

i think the beatles would be huge. both the music and the pinball feature opportunities could be endless.

zeppelin would be a hit.

I do like exploring the idea of electonic music, although tron might be the right choice. but damnit i’d love to see a daft punk pinball

2 years later
    #84 3 years ago

REVIVE !

I wish Vid would come back !

Stern has done the best !

Stones
    Kiss
    Metallica
    Aerosmith

Led Zepplin coming

There must be another music pin prior 2021 ?

Certainly room for ................

Megadeth
    and the most amazing
    Pink Floyd

#85 3 years ago

Echos wizard mode. Do it.

#86 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Echos wizard mode. Do it.

Most wizard modes don't last 20 minutes!

#87 3 years ago

Floyd would be killer. Dark side of the moon all dayy

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Most wizard modes don't last 20 minutes!

This one will. Ball save for 20 minutes.

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd-pinball/page/2?hl=chriswhitey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.