6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cid_5661.jpeg
    ThreadIsRelevantToMyInterests.jpg
    IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_8184.JPG
    FloydTee.JPG
    th-1.jpeg
    floyd.jpeg
    image.jpg

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from sterlingpinball:

where's my LED ZEPPELIN machine since people are making requests

Hai guise, what's going on in this thread??

IMG_8184.JPG IMG_7542.JPG ThreadIsRelevantToMyInterests.jpg

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

....now where did I hide those roaches......

In the coin box.

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Thanks to this thread I just HAD to buy this t-shirt today while shopping.
    ....now where did I hide those roaches......

that is pretty awesome. I'd love to have that printed on one of those giant cloth wall hangings. i'd hang that up in the gameroom.

#104 6 years ago

When I started making my top albums list, by the time I got to #12, I already had 5 Pink Floyd albums in there (2, 3, 6, 10, 12).

To my mind, there are really four Pink Floyds: with Syd, after Syd but before DSOTM, DSOTM thru The Wall, and post-Wall. The third incarnation gets all the press but I like them all.

2 years later
    #105 4 years ago

It should be made but include all members and all albums, including Early Singles. Anything else would not be Pink Floyd. Top three: Atom Heart Mother, Obscurred by Clouds, More

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I must've watched Live at Pompeii a couple hundred times when I was younger. Echoes is incredible on there.

Me too, I still have the VHS tape of it. It's the on lye reason I still own a VCR.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from Finrod:

When I started making my top albums list, by the time I got to #12, I already had 5 Pink Floyd albums in there (2, 3, 6, 10, 12).
    To my mind, there are really four Pink Floyds: with Syd, after Syd but before DSOTM, DSOTM thru The Wall, and post-Wall. The third incarnation gets all the press but I like them all.

You do realize if Syd hadn't blown his mind away with drugs, and he were still in charge of the band, the name Pink Floyd would have faded away long ago in the 60s.
    Roger was Pink Floyd. Simple as that. And without him writing Dark Side of the Moon, their gone.

Personally I think The Final Cut was such a beautiful moving album. Not suitable for a pin, but it was like all of Rogers energy stored up for one last Pink Floyd hurrah! What a shame The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking (which Roger was originally writing as a PF album) didn't get recorded by Floyd. Not that Clapton didn't do a great job, but I would love to have heard Gilmour rocking in that.

Getting back on topic, if you were to make a Pink Floyd pin, I would love to see the end of the game where all the lights went off and you just hear the call out "There is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact, its all dark" Then the Stern logo rolls up as it does on their other pins.
    There are so many concepts you could do. Another thought is a small model airplane hides under the apron and comes out and crashes into either the wall or a toy with soldier on phone with some kind of explosion effect.

This machine could make great use of a LCD screen showing all the great animations by Gerald Scarfe.

2 months later
    #108 4 years ago

Just discovered a band named "Airbag". If you like Pink Floyd, then you have to give these guys a listen!

Check out this album by them named "All Rights Removed" from 2011. It almost sounds like a Pink Floyd album during the Wish You Were Here / Animals / Wall era. Listen to those guitars, organs, synths, and drums!

#109 4 years ago

Syd Barrett is GOD. Final Cut is my favourite album with all these running a very close second. The Wall, wish you were here, animals, dsotm, obscured by clouds, meddle, more, relics, atom heart mother, works, a nice pair, ummagumma, a momentary lapse of reason, division bell.
    I reckon gilmours solo albums were just as good as waters too.
    Fortunate to see them in '88 at Fremantle Oval Western Australia considering that there weren't many top bands including the worlds most remote capital city in their tours back then. As for a Pink Floyd pin absolutely no question just look at the many machines out there with non themes, that don't really grab your imagination cid_566[1].jpeg

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pins4me:

You do realize if Syd hadn't blown his mind away with drugs, and he were still in charge of the band, the name Pink Floyd would have faded away long ago in the 60s.
    Roger was Pink Floyd. Simple as that. And without him writing Dark Side of the Moon, their gone.
    Personally I think The Final Cut was such a beautiful moving album. Not suitable for a pin, but it was like all of Rogers energy stored up for one last Pink Floyd hurrah! What a shame The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking (which Roger was originally writing as a PF album) didn't get recorded by Floyd. Not that Clapton didn't do a great job, but I would love to have heard Gilmour rocking in that.
    Getting back on topic, if you were to make a Pink Floyd pin, I would love to see the end of the game where all the lights went off and you just hear the call out "There is no dark side of the moon really, as a matter of fact, its all dark" Then the Stern logo rolls up as it does on their other pins.
    There are so many concepts you could do. Another thought is a small model airplane hides under the apron and comes out and crashes into either the wall or a toy with soldier on phone with some kind of explosion effect.
    This machine could make great use of a LCD screen showing all the great animations by Gerald Scarfe.

Roger Waters is amazing. So glad you mentioned Hitchhiking as it is a GREAT album that doesn't get nearly as much attention as it deserves. Radio KAOS, too. I enjoy both those albums much more than the post-Waters Floyd stuff.

#111 4 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Just discovered a band named "Airbag". If you like Pink Floyd, then you have to give these guys a listen!
    Check out this album by them named "All Rights Removed" from 2011. It almost sounds like a Pink Floyd album during the Wish You Were Here / Animals / Wall era. Listen to those guitars, organs, synths, and drums!
    ยป YouTube video

ChadH - I actually had out a post up about Airbag: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-progressive-band-out-of-norway-if-you-like-pink-floyd-give-a-listen#post-1398109

The band's website is: http://www.airbagsound.com/

They have 3 full length albums out and 3 EPs. The 3 full length albums are worth the purchase!

Also, the guitar player has a solo album they came out late 2014: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=17&v=blqWbJ3VdTo

#112 4 years ago

the vision of a Pink Floyd pin is obscured by clouds

#113 4 years ago

Ummagumma have a Pink Floyd Pin one day. One fine day.

#114 4 years ago

Man these would all be great pins..... how about a VAN HALEN pin, that would be kick a$$ too!!!

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinPlayer2:

Man these would all be great pins..... how about a VAN HALEN pin, that would be kick a$$ too!!!

Aerosmith would be great too!

2 months later
    #116 4 years ago

I am currently in the planning phase of building a pink Floyd machine in Visual Pinball using the P-ROC framework, just for myself. I love pink Floyd and I do not know if there will ever be one from Stern or another company. And even when it would happen a lot of stuff I want to use can probably not be licensed. So now i'm free to do what I want when I do it non-commercially.

This is my first try and I do not know if I will ever build a real one or just leave it digital. It depends on how things will go... and my moneyflow.

What would you guys want to have in a Pink Floyd machine? Any idea is good, from artwork, modes, music anything. I'm open for suggestions and i'll share my project with anyone when there is something to share. Right now I just have (digital) whitewood based on Tron, coz I like that setup.

It's not going to be based on solely on the wall but I think it is very suitable for pinball. I like some songs of the wall, but I like other albums much more.

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Horrible
    Final Cut, The Wall, Wish You Were Here

No. Because Waters & Gilmore would never agree on it.

The Final Cut is just The Wall Part II and not nearly as good, definitely not a top 3. Your other two aren't bad.

#118 4 years ago

The final cut absolutely blows but I know many FLoyd fans who love it. For me it just isn't a Floyd album - there's no memorable guitar solos on it, and Gilmour is barely present. As much a Roger Waters solo album as Momentary Lapse is a GIlmour solo album.

The Roger vs. Dave debate is silly...Roger brought the ideas, Dave brought the music. Without both of them you get Final Cut or Momentary Lapse.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 229.99
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside