Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GUEST_f5cb1a78-1c4b-46c0-95a9-93103485b5e6 (resized).jpg
    cid_5661.jpeg
    ThreadIsRelevantToMyInterests.jpg
    IMG_7542.JPG
    IMG_8184.JPG
    FloydTee.JPG
    th-1.jpeg
    floyd.jpeg
    image.jpg
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Is this too much to ask for? Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Metallica.....

I would pre-order this over and over again in one of my dreams

#2 11 years ago

I m in that same dream

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Is this too much to ask for? Rolling Stones, AC/DC, Metallica.....

I would pre-order this over and over again in one of my dreams

who would you want to build it?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

Is this too much to ask for?

Yes it is.
    Basically you'll never get a concensus on whom "Pink Floyd" is. I could give you a list of the 3 best floyd albums, not many people would agree with me; but more than that the members of the "band" would never allow it.

#7 11 years ago

Meddle, Animals and Piper at the gates. Let it begin.

#8 11 years ago

after the ramones pin I'm all for it!

#9 11 years ago

Stern would work based on their recent pins.....Of course, I would be the designer. Modes would be every one of the albums with the ability to select the songs. DSOTM mode would include a black light strobe with the prism going nuts on the playfield. Pigs would be a moving pig that could be hit with just the right shot over the Syd Barrett ramp. Damn I hope I win the lottery soon so I can begin this project.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Meddle, Animals and Piper at the gates. Let it begin.

Horrible
    Final Cut, The Wall, Wish You Were Here

Quoted from beefzap:

Modes would be every one of the albums with the ability to select the songs.

No. Because Waters & Gilmore would never agree on it.

#11 11 years ago

I also share your dream as does my girlfriend. Pink Floyd would be epic for a rock pin.
    I would pre order LE as announced. I do not need pics.

Hope you bought a lotto OP so you can make it and I can buy one.

#12 11 years ago

The Wall is the one album to be made into a pin, I have fond memories of my college years with that movie.

#13 11 years ago

Pink floyd would be my only music themed pin.

#14 11 years ago

I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

#15 11 years ago

I will call Roger and David tonight and settle this once and for all.

#16 11 years ago

I fell asleep just thinking about it.

"Well I wish ... I wish you were hheeeere" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hahaha couldn't resist.

I don't know if I could think of music less suited for a pinball machine.

Wait ... Where's the dude who always says "I want a Tom Petty pin" ... That would be even worse.

Lesson of the day: just because you like a band does not mean it would make a good pinball machine.

rd.

#17 11 years ago

no no no. I don't want to see pink floyd. I don't even want to be tempted. Luckily Pink floyd hasn't made an album since 92 and no plans into anytime soon. If they were active it would be a possiblity. Which i'm glad they arn't, because I refuse to pay these stupid ass NIB asking prices these days. When things go back to normal, i'll start buying NIB again.

#18 11 years ago

You are right. I am now going to hold out for an Air Supply Pinball Machine......

#19 11 years ago

Maybe that's what's taking JJP so long...Dark Side of the Moon mode licensing

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

The Wall is the one album to be made into a pin, I have fond memories of my college years with that movie.

There is a great song in the movie that is not on the album.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

There is a great song in the movie that is not on the album.

^^^^^^^^I think we just found our guy to make a floyd pin!!!!!!!! Ill be your silent partner!
    VVVVVVVVVVV BOO! I own zero music themed pins, but we need diversity.

#22 11 years ago

No more music pins!

#23 11 years ago

Only if it can be synced up to WOZ for simultaneously play.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Man I saw the concert last year...out of control how good it was.

#25 11 years ago

I think a pinball should be made called "Rock Star"

Scorpions
    Led Zeppelin
    Van Halen
    ZZ Top
    Aerosmith
    The Floyd

That would be a sweet pin.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Scorpions
    Led Zeppelin
    Van Halen
    ZZ Top
    Aerosmith
    The Floyd

Yes I said this before as well except Monsters of Rock. The true bands that have stood the test of time and never be forgotten. Scorpions, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, IM, Dio, Mötley Crüe, Motörhead, Judas Priest, etc. Just look at one of those tours which I wish I was at anx the line up was classic! as for Pink Floyd they just bore me and have a few songs that I like.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Scorpions
    Led Zeppelin
    Van Halen
    ZZ Top
    Aerosmith
    The Floyd

Nice to see Scorpions on the top of that list. Scorpions pin would rock my balls off.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Nice to see Scorpions on the top of that list. Scorpions pin would rock my balls off.

Rock your balls like a hurricane?

rd.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from beefzap:

I will call Roger and David tonight and settle this once and for all.

Ok, and I will call Syd on my special phone.

#30 11 years ago

WELCOME MY SON. WELCOME TO THE MACHINE

Ball launch

MEDDLE

2 shots to the safe

Dun sun da dun MONEY

Two rows of drop targets one in front of the other expose THE WALL

TEAR DOWN THE WALL

Multiball

ALL IN ALL YOUR JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL

Find the hidden target

IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE?

Make loop shot combos

LEARNING TO FLY

Etc.......

#31 11 years ago

Whenever they decide to use fire in a pin they can make a Rammstein pin. Awsome show for sure and music is not bad either. Scorps are my favorite as I have seen 25 times. Here is a picture with me and my Dad. He put this together for me from our meet in greet. Great memories.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 11 years ago

The other great thing about Pink Floyd is that there are no songs or albums they have to be ashamed of. I would be happy with any song they ever made in a Pin.

#33 11 years ago

"but more than that the members of the "band" would never allow it."

Waters said Gilmour was too preoccupied playing Donkey Kong in the recording studio nearing the end of that line-up. Pretty sure Gilmour would allow it and pretty sure he's in control of the "band" with Mason.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

The other great thing about Pink Floyd is that there are no songs or albums they have to be ashamed of. I would be happy with any song they ever made in a Pin.

What about Final Cut (aka Waters solo album)? Nobody likes to claim that one. not even Waters. Gilmour years are still the best ones. Masterpieces.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What about Final Cut (aka Waters solo album)? Nobody likes to claim that one. not even Waters. Gilmour years are still the best ones. Masterpieces.

I to like the Gilmour years the best, but I am a fan of the Final Cut. Its a great album. Really Waters does not like it? I find that hard to believe, he seems fairly sure of himself. Most people, if they heard the original Pink Floyd (Syd) would rate that the lowest... I disagree. In fact David Bowie has stated, after Syd there was no Pink Floyd (something of that nature)

#36 11 years ago

well, i'd have to disagree with David Bowie on that one. The early stuff is inventive and unique. But heavily drug influenced. Same can be said for the Strong Waters years. I think if Gilmour was playing a lot of donkey kong it was because he was trying to get away from Waters overbearing control freak nature. Probably only way to keep his sanity. Waters Supports Final cut, and says there are couple good tracks on it, but overall he did acknowledge it is one of the weaker albums of that decade. Everyone else denies having any creative input at all, and all felt like musicians for hire on it.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Lesson of the day: just because you like a band does not mean it would make a good pinball machine.
    rd.

Have to agree with rotordave. I like Pink Floyd, but when I think of music themed pins, I always think of rock bands. G&R, Stones, AC/DC, Metallica, KISS, Maiden fits... Pink Floyd, Rush, Marillion, Spock's Beard, King Crimson doesn't...

#38 11 years ago

Don't they already have the wizard mode in WoZ?

#39 11 years ago

I love Pink Floyd - not sure if it would make a good pin, though. Maybe if it was based entirely on "The Wall" and included lasers... and smoke.... and pot. And maybe little plastic band members that "dance" to the music

#40 11 years ago

Animals
    The wall
    Dark side
    Final cut
    Wish you were here

My top five.

#41 11 years ago

Just saw Brit Floyd, wonderful show. One of the best bands ever...

#42 11 years ago

Cmon guys!

No love for The Clash???

so suited for a piball theme!!

Rock the Casbah, Should I Stay or Should I Go, London Calling, Train in Vain, ect......

#43 11 years ago

I love Pink Floyd, but the music might be too mellow for a pin. It is always fun to speculate what theme has enough appeal to traditional pinheads, operator locations, and family home users. To be profitable it has to be edgy, yet still safe for the whole family.

I think Ozzy would also be in the conversation...minus the bat.

#44 11 years ago

I have said this in other threads. I would buy every version. I would love a "Wall" LE next to my "DSOTM" LE. The Black and white games would look awesome.

Unfortunately, not likely to happen.

#45 11 years ago

I have often thought what a wonderful thing it would be to have a Pink Floyd pin. Lots of legal challenges exist, but who knows.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

I don't know if I could think of music less suited for a pinball machine.

Most visual stunning band of all time less suited? Try falling asleep to this.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from MWC:

Only if it can be synced up to WOZ for simultaneously play.

Nice call.

#48 11 years ago

where's my LED ZEPPELIN machine since people are making requests

#49 11 years ago

Bands/artists that deserve a pin:

Beatles
    Jimi Hendrix
    Cream
    Pink Floyd
    Yes
    King Crimson
    Led Zeppelin
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    David Bowie
    The Smiths
    Talking Heads
    Ramones
    Devo
    The Clash
    Black Flag
    Husker Du
    Sex Pistols
    Pixies
    Motley Crue
    Nirvana
    Pearl Jam
    Soundgarden
    Radiohead
    The White Stripes
    The Black Keys

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No. Because Waters & Gilmore would never agree on it.

isnt one of the two "out" as far as pink floyd is concerned. i seem to remember that as far as making music under the floyd banner one sued and lost enabling the others to continue. my guess is it was waters who lost. but somehow my memory is "foggy" from those days. hehe or you could say i am comfortably numb, i guess.
    but the notion of a floyd pinball machine gets me very hyped. may have to dust off the bong. lol

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pink-floyd-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.